• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

>>>Welcome to SGVapers, Newbies Introduce Yourself here!<<<

Status
Not open for further replies.

Syn007

Ashes to Ashless
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 13, 2011
GreenEarth
Welcome to SG Vapers! This is the place for you to introduce yourself and get acquainted with members who are already here.

Before you start to post, do get familiarized with our in-house rules and common FAQ here :
Helpful Guidelines for Local Vapers, Newbie to Veteran | E-Cigarette Forum
Newbies Q&A Thread. [PLEASE READ] | E-Cigarette Forum

Next, do get your account verified :
How To Become A Verified Member | E-Cigarette Forum
Getting verified will put a real personal ID behind your nickname that is not shared and is only visible to a few select ECF Staff.

Other members can trust you more. It also ensures you are not an underage member. Members below 18years are not welcome here.

Important points to note :
* Strictly no sourcing of supplies here (directly or indirectly). All such post will be deleted.
* PM solicitation for sales are not allowed in ECF. If you receive such cold-calling PM from suppliers who try to sell you stuff, do use the Report feature on the bottom of the post.
* Beware of unregistered suppliers. They are not authorized to conduct any business in ECF and you risk falling prey to scams.
* Our location shall not be stated explicitly, pls use 'local' or 'here'.

Intro yourself a little. Tell us how you get to know about vaping and how it improves the quality of your life. If you haven't even started yet, this is a chance for you to find out more before taking the leap.

May the journey into the vaping world be a rewarding one for you!

Last edited by a moderator:

Night_Rider

Apr 30, 2013
Nanyang
As mentioned in my previous post, I was recommended by someone whom I spotted vaping near my office.

I've been smoking 1 PAD for the last 15 years and after countless of attempts, still unable to quit. Doing my research online, e-cig seems to be a really effective way to kick the habit. Hoping I'll be able to start this journey soon.

Reikoku

Verified Member
May 1, 2013
Gotham
Sup fellas, just started vaping last weekend. Turns out the eGo Twist I got is fake, should really have known considering where I bought it, and though it seems to work well enough I'll hopefully replace it with something legit soon. It'll do for now though, just gonna keep calm and carry on vaping. Not sure how much I'll actually save from not smoking as this could really turn into a hobby for me! Cheers. :toast:

Domtine

Lim Peh
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 19, 2011
North Korea with Disneyland
Sup fellas, just started vaping last weekend. Turns out the eGo Twist I got is fake, should really have known considering where I bought it, and though it seems to work well enough I'll hopefully replace it with something legit soon. It'll do for now though, just gonna keep calm and carry on vaping. Not sure how much I'll actually save from not smoking as this could really turn into a hobby for me! Cheers. :toast:

Actually it may not be fake. There are 10,000 factories in China churning these things out by the truck loads and everyone calls it Ego Twist. Unless you were told that you are buying XXX brand Ego Twist by ended up with XYZ brand Ego Twist.

I have seen XXX Ego Twist, YYY Ego Twist, ZZZ Ego Twist and they all work like what Ego Twist works like. Maybe the diff lies in the durability of the batteries.

Reikoku

Verified Member
May 1, 2013
Gotham
Actually it may not be fake. There are 10,000 factories in China churning these things out by the truck loads and everyone calls it Ego Twist. Unless you were told that you are buying XXX brand Ego Twist by ended up with XYZ brand Ego Twist.

I have seen XXX Ego Twist, YYY Ego Twist, ZZZ Ego Twist and they all work like what Ego Twist works like. Maybe the diff lies in the durability of the batteries.

Well I used this link to try and verify:
Q50: How can I know I am getting a genuine Joyetech eGo-C Twist and not a knockoff?
Mine has no logo on the bottom but does say 'eGo-C Twist' at the side and five threads on the eGo connection. It also only ever has a blue light, no white light at all.

One other thing is a ViVi Nova (most likely fake) I bought at the same time doesn't screw in at all, either the connection on the tank is too small or the one on the battery is too thick. I don't have anything else with a 510 connection to test with so I'm using the CE4v2 Clearomizer (most likely also fake lol) it came with for now, but it didn't come with any replace heads so I'm kind of worried that it'll die and I'll be left vapeless. Apart from that issue it seems to function perfectly well though and the battery lasts me all day.

ribbitz

Verified Member
Apr 9, 2013
Secret
Well I used this link to try and verify:
Q50: How can I know I am getting a genuine Joyetech eGo-C Twist and not a knockoff?
Mine has no logo on the bottom but does say 'eGo-C Twist' at the side and five threads on the eGo connection. It also only ever has a blue light, no white light at all.

One other thing is a ViVi Nova (most likely fake) I bought at the same time doesn't screw in at all, either the connection on the tank is too small or the one on the battery is too thick. I don't have anything else with a 510 connection to test with so I'm using the CE4v2 Clearomizer (most likely also fake lol) it came with for now, but it didn't come with any replace heads so I'm kind of worried that it'll die and I'll be left vapeless. Apart from that issue it seems to function perfectly well though and the battery lasts me all day.

Having same issues as well...end day it's really a matter of luck.
Heard from china vapers that the factories are just into mass production mode to cope with rising demand especially in the USA.
Nobody really knows who is the "original" as items are copied over and over with new modifications done and calling it Brand ABC...
Case in point will be like the CE4,CE4+,Stardust etc...
Looks the same,functions the same but different naming conventions,pricing and even descriptions.
When i started vaping i ordered all just to try out since they were cheap and surprisingly the major differences i found were colour accuracy and maybe plastic build(if you're really .... about details)
Batteries wise i really believe its a similar issue,different life spans i guess?
For now,having ANY vapeable device is godsent to people of the tiny red dot :vapor:

Reikoku

Verified Member
May 1, 2013
Gotham
I think mine is a ego-t knock off too..but the batt is rated at 1300mah.. So far it could last me over a day of heavy vaporing..

Same with mine. No issues with it but I am slightly worried about the 510 threading. Hopefully I'll get some more clearos/carts in to test with. The Stardust I had has actually died so I'm using a cig-a-like which really sucks and I'm back on analogs again until I get some more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread