• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Welcome

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kate

Moved On
Jun 26, 2008
UK
Here is the tea/coffee and bikkies/cookies that I promised ;)

teaandbiscuits.jpg

Kate

Moved On
Jun 26, 2008
UK
Ha, thanks, it's from our new cult - oops, I was going to post a link to it but I don't think links are working at the moment on this server. If you look for the Wholey Technofoggers thread on the general discussion board you'll be able to read about it.

Do you have any cats Nico? It's one of the signs of a lesbian in the UK, along with the Doc Martens of course ;)

I live with three cats but don't have any Docs anymore. I used to work as a builder and used Docs but they take too bloomin' long to get on and off.

EDIT
Yeah, I think we make some straight people nervous, they don't really know how to behave or what to expect. It's better not to make too much of a point of being a .... I think, just be honest but don't mention it too much.

Last edited:

nicowolf

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 9, 2008
near Akron, OH, USA
I am owned by 3 cats. They each have 3 names, so that when they get into trouble I can call them by their full name like my mother did with us when we were in trouble. Raven Fey Jordan is a black male adopted from the local humane society - he will be 9 years old this Spring. Fianna Morgaine Wigglebutt is a white, polydactile female with spots that have tabby markings - she will be 7 years old in April. Mykael Thundercloud Cuddlebug is a gray male we adopted from another local no-kill shelter - he will be 2 in May.

In case you are wondering the first two names are based on their appearance and magickal properties; the third names are based on their behavior once we got them home. Raven had the vertical leap of Michael Jordan, so his was Jordan. Fianna wiggled her tush before she pounced on anything, so hers was Wigglebutt. Myka just loved to cuddle right into your face and fall asleep, for hours on end, do his was Cuddlebug.

In the magickal way we follow, Raven is the messenger of the gods, Michael is an archangel - Mykael is a variation of that. Fianna and Fey were after the faery folk, and Morgaine after Morgan LeFey.

Yes, like any good ...., I am very rapt up in my pussies.

Kate

Moved On
Jun 26, 2008
UK
Here's the Technofoggers thread if anyone is interested, I think links are working again - http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/general-discussion/5515-order-wholey-technofoggers.html

If any of you would like to take over the running of this group let me know and I'll transfer permissions to you. I get to be mother for now since it was me who set the group up but I don't mind passing on the job ;)

I bet this post double posts. The forum is acting strange today and doubling up on some of mine for some reason.

Kate

Moved On
Jun 26, 2008
UK
  • Deleted by Kate
  • Reason: double post

Kate

Moved On
Jun 26, 2008
UK
I got a message from Smokumchevy/Greg asking to join the group. He explained his interest as curiosity and I sent him an invite.

I have been asked by one of our (nice) mods if it's ok for him to participate too. Mods can see our discussions but he was wanting to join one. Not being a member of the group he couldn't.

It is a bit of a problem when a group is set up with special interests on who can join, who is eligible, etc. I don't want us to be swamped with straights, that would defeat the purpose of having a group.

I think that a couple of friendly people won't rock the boat so I'm not inclined to deny access if I'm asked but I'd like to hear the opinions of other group members. This is our group, not mine and I'm only holding the mod position here in trust for all of us.

Is it reasonable to let some white people join a black cultural group?
Is it ok for men to join a women's group?

Is it actually a problem or just a matter of definitions?

In real life I would have said no myself but this is virtual reality and anything goes here. I don't see the harm at the moment.

So is it ok for Greg to stay a member?
Is it ok for our mod to join?

Sadie

Feb 22, 2009
Alberta, Canada
Queer friendly is great with me - the straights don't exclude me from their groups, at least not the ones I want to be a part of. Heterophobia does exist ya know. I think I am mostly cured of it though now that I feel accepted most everywhere I go.

Boy does it ever.. there's a gay bar here that only charges people who look straight cover, has a sign on their door saying "No Purses, No Skirts, No Heels" to keep straight girls out (because they apparently attract straight guys to the bar, who cause problems. *Eyeroll*), and occasionally charge higher prices to anyone who doesn't look gay. :mad: Some people just suck, no matter what side of the fence they belong.

nicowolf

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 9, 2008
near Akron, OH, USA
"No Purses, No Skirts, No Heels":shock:

Why that is just downright anti-Drag Queen. How dare they discriminate that way! j/k

My heterophobia never went quite THAT far. I just wouldn't give them the benefit of the doubt because I had some serious trust issues around them. I have found a much better crowd to associate with now and have learned to trust most heterosexual people under most circumstances. I still get a twinge of fear, but not like the anxiety I used to have.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread