What do you think of Vendors who delete "Bad Press" posts???

Status
Not open for further replies.

SmilingSlasher

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 9, 2009
NC
I have had my worse E-Cig experience with Jay Fisher and Great Lakes Vapor. Since posting my issues with him on his Sub-Forum, Mr. Fisher has decided he will delete my thread dealing with my issues.

Has this happened to anyone else?? Have you had a Vendor delete your negative reviews or comments? Let us here at ECF know!!!!

420Smiles

just-cass

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 28, 2009
ireland
pinkvaper.com
its never happened to me...i usually deal with them privately though....but if you got no satisfaction from him then i understand your posting?i read a post you had about it?was that the one about your glv that u ended up paying extra for off colour adaptors?i may be off on the details but others did chime in in agreement with you?i have had no dealing with GLV so i cant speak personally on service

I dont agree with deleting posts because i guess they act as an explanation for posts like this?the supplier cant write here so by deleting negative posts they may be deleting any positive info they gave/feedback?

has the issue been resolved?hope it works out for you...i had an issue with the switch on my protege but ps are taking care of me very well so i found no need to post...had they not been so good about it perhaps id be in the same boat as u.sorry ur having this problem

cass : o(

eGeek

ECF Veteran
Jan 12, 2009
UK
I find this a difficult one as these supplier sub-forums are paid for I believe and as such the supplier I guess has a right to delete posts/threads they believe will be damaging to their business. I would think it more adult to contact the supplier in person if an issue arises, that is what I've always done and as such have never had a problem resolving issues. Sometimes a little patience is called for.

However, I understand some individuals demand a speedy response that is not always possible and feel the need to display all to the public. If I was a supplier that would annoy me also. There are always two sides and I find sometimes airing things publicly does not always clarify an issue well and can lead to worse problems.

But hey, that's just my opinion and even if a thread is deleted most of the forum gets to hear why anyway?

AngusATAT

Captain Tightpants
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 2, 2009
GA, USA
He pays for the ability to have a forum here and has the ability to moderate it. If you have a bad experience with a supplier and wish to post a negative review in a place where they can respond but not moderate it, post it in the Reviews of Suppliers forum.

And just as a point of fact... your thread has not been deleted as of the time of this post.

The Wiz

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 14, 2009
Whiskeyville USA
I think that the overall majority of suppliers listed here deal with issues quite well....But as mentioned they are moderators and have been given permission to judge what threads and posts can be viewed by the general forum.Most of the deleted supplier threads and posts I have seen deleted have been in poor taste IMO!(Speaking of: Angus....You may want to go back to your previous avatar...terraphon once used the "Pointing Gun" avatar for a brief time with much controversy. Unless your just trying to keep us safe from "Hostiles"?):)The Wiz!

AngusATAT

Captain Tightpants
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 2, 2009
GA, USA
(Speaking of: Angus....You may want to go back to your previous avatar...terraphon once used the "Pointing Gun" avatar for a brief time with much controversy. Unless your just trying to keep us safe from "Hostiles"?):)The Wiz!

Hehe, there's no hidden meaning in my avatar. I'm just a huge Firefly/Serenity fan, and it's a good pic. But since I can't think of a decent quote to go along with it, it may change.

TWISTED VICTOR

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 14, 2009
The edge of Mayhem
Hehe, there's no hidden meaning in my avatar. I'm just a huge Firefly/Serenity fan, and it's a good pic. But since I can't think of a decent quote to go along with it, it may change.
"Go ahead, Punk, make that post!"
"We don' tolerate rule breakers 'round here"
"My mother said that once...just once!"

.......:D

SmilingSlasher

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 9, 2009
NC
Angus......I know he hasn't deleted the thread, but he has said he wants to. Not because of the thread, but because he thinks this is a personal attack. It isn't. If he wants the thread out of his Sub-Forum then a mod should move it........not have it deleted. The info in that thread is mostly Fact......and only a little opinion oriented.

And I like your new Avatar too!!!!! It says to me............"Guns don't kill people. People who get in my way get themselves killed." LOL;)

kalekona

ECF Veteran
Jan 11, 2010
Washington State
Or how about...

"I swear by my pretty floral bonnet, if your hand touches the submit button, I will end you."

Mal: “If anyone gets nosy, just…you know… shoot ‘em.” Zoe: “Shoot ‘em?” Mal: “Politely.”

MAL: Fully loaded, safety off. This here’s a recipe for unpleasantness. Does she understand that?

Yeah I'm a fan too.

Toby

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 10, 2008
York UK
www.ivapour.co.uk
Are there any companies that don't delete negative posts from their owned/moderated forums and sites?

I personally make it my principle not to delete negative and/or otherwise posts. I'm not saying I wouldn't though; but that would depend on what was being said.

I have deleted/moved the occasional thread, just because they are obsolete, or in the wrong place; or completely double up, or are better linked to, another thread.

There are some posts I find mildly irritating. But I would have thought most vendors will appreciate to be kept on their toes, as much as possible. And of course there is the ultimately important principle of freedom of speech, and democratic aspirations, that I believe any company should try to promote.

GregH

ECF Veteran
Jun 28, 2009
Georgia USA
I personally make it my principle not to delete negative and/or otherwise posts. ... But I would have thought most vendors will appreciate to be kept on their toes, as much as possible.

I admire that, too. I wasn't arguing that it's a good thing that companies practice this kind of censorship. I just think it's the norm, especially for big companies. To use my original example: As much as I admire Apple and their products, they are notorious for censoring their forums.

Brewster 59

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 22, 2009
North Bay San Francisco
I think its smart. Their forum area is theirs to moderate. Do that elsewhere. If somebody put a post it on your front door that said you suck you would just be dumb to leave it there.

It is not that you can't bag on someone who gave you bad service, you just don't get to write it on their forehead.

I have to agree with this, the vendors sub forms are theirs, they pay to have them so I do have to think they should the right to censor them. This is not to say that the op should not post about a bad prod or a vendor not willing to rectify a problem. I think if a person has a prob with a vendor they should first try to work it out with them, if that doesnt work I definetly think that person should post the vendor and the problem so others dont get ripped off. I kinda think thats one of the things this forum is for. I kinda get irrataded when a person says I had a prob with "#%&@ vendor, well who is that? I also think it is wrong when a person wont post about a problem because they are afraid to get ripped by that vendors fanboys.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread