What is the biggest vaping change you have experienced?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pete M

Aug 5, 2018
For me it was going from cigalike cartridges to refillable ego tanks - the ability to change flavours and so on made me more of an enthusiast rather than just 'this is the thing I'm doing instead of smoking'.

Since then there's been improvements in kits, trying sub-ohm tanks etc. I sometimes think if technology hadn't improved I probably would have stopped vaping and smoking a few years ago though, maybe that would have been a good thing ...

Susaz

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 8, 2009
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Game changers for me--somewhat chronologically: Longer lasting batteries, fillerless clearomizers and then RBAs and RTAs, variable voltage, variable wattage, DIY eliquid, temperature control.
Oh yes! I hated the KR909D cartos, such a relief when the Stardust came out!

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal

charlie1465

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 30, 2014
Roquebrune sur Argens, Var, France
I'm going to have to go with DIY also. First Nic and first vapeable recipe. Before DIY Jazzy Boba was the juice that got me away from having to vape tobacco flavours and freed up the palette :)
I guess when you look at the changes in technological efficiency between the early days and now...that's been a huge change...at least things just work now :)

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
There were two large steps for me. First was switching from Joye 510 and eGo to a Provari with a Kanger Protank. The second jump was buying a Kayfun Lite and building my own coils and making wicks for them.

I guess a third jump was when I bought my first variable wattage mod. Vaping has evolved quite a bit and it still moving ahead. I haven't seen the need to try a pod system, but that's the latest.

Reactions: Str8vision

vapdivrr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2012
sarasota,fl
Iirc SS wick gennies are the dominant atty style in Russia still. Someone or other was trying to get a book translated from russian and published about gennies.
To my memory they tended to be susceptible to leaking if tipped, wouldn’t do anything but MTL, and were difficult to get running right, but once you did they’d go almost forever.

Still got one or two floating around in pieces I think.
I do know that those countries are about the only ones still producing them, so that's cool they are still quite popular there...yes the ss wick was just dropped into a hole in the tank to wick up juice, so if it was tipped over, chances are it leaked. And because most were using tubes, they tipped over alot....most did find it hard to set up and run, but i always had good luck with them and compared to what most were vaping at the time (vi vi nova, protanks, cartos, dripping attys) the gennys ruled. I guess it's the same comparison as to let's say a kayfun prime compared to a nautilus tank. The flavor those mesh wicks produced were really good....but once the kayfun , taifuns and micro coils came out , they were just as good and definitely easier, so most switched....

United States

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 17, 2018
RVA
Refillable pod systems.

I started with a less than reliable cig-a-like then figured "if this is as good at it gets phooey on vaping"

A few years later I resumed the prefilled setup. Choking and gagging on yuck-o flavorings I was ready to quit vaping again. My wife being PG alergic caused me to discover the Penguin pod system. That one did the trick for both of us. However we went searching for better.

I found some pretty good stuff along the way regarding modular gizmos. Then one day I found that old Fuma in a drawer. It still had a wee bit of charge and some juice in the cartridge. Well that sent me back down the path I started out on.

I found the pod systems were getting better and smaller. Easy to store and carry was my main reason. But when I tried the Zero (and similar devices) my other stuff began collecting dust. I haven't vaped from a modular device in months. I use a pod system every day now.

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
Refillable pod systems.

I started with a less than reliable cig-a-like then figured "if this is as good at it gets phooey on vaping"

A few years later I resumed the prefilled setup. Choking and gagging on yuck-o flavorings I was ready to quit vaping again. My wife being PG alergic caused me to discover the Penguin pod system. That one did the trick for both of us. However we went searching for better.

I found some pretty good stuff along the way regarding modular gizmos. Then one day I found that old Fuma in a drawer. It still had a wee bit of charge and some juice in the cartridge. Well that sent me back down the path I started out on.

I found the pod systems were getting better and smaller. Easy to store and carry was my main reason. But when I tried the Zero (and similar devices) my other stuff began collecting dust. I haven't vaped from a modular device in months. I use a pod system every day now.
That’s actually the best argument for pod systems I’ve ever heard

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
I'm still hunting down a new authentic genesis atty... still... why you might ask? Because I miss the days of rolling wicks, wrapping coils, and just having a good vape.
I swear I actually saw one in a shop awhile back. They’re around. Might have been a clone of course.

Fidola13

Totally Stashed!
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 20, 2017
Boston
I got right into building, using SS & temp control and DIYing when I started vaping. Now I feel like I missed out on some eureka moments lol!!

I honestly can’t think of anything except maybe how much knowledgeable I’ve become in most aspects of vaping and being able to share that with the woman who got me into vaping. She vapes but had absolutely no knowledge at all about it and how vaping works.

Finally got her setup in an external battery setup. Educated her on battery and charger safety etc. so it felt good to be able to give back.

She didn’t even know her mod an istick tc 40 had a computer chip in it or had even head of temp control etc...

Yet she created this vape monster lol!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread