Status
Not open for further replies.

HolmanGT

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 2, 2013
St. George, UT USA
Edd is fine. My name on the forum is a tribute more to "The Lion in Winter" than anything. I certainly identify with the House Lannister more than House Stark in GoT. I did respect ole Ned Stark, though. But his winter came at the hands of the Lannister Lions. Thus EddardinWinter....get it?

Tapped out

The only part I get is Edd is fine. The rest of what you and EvilZoe are talking about might just as well be some of "Ocelots" Latin.

baghandler

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 18, 2013
Chicago
And the name of the first book. The show is excellent, BTW. For the most part, it was cast perfectly.

Not Gregor Clegane, apparently! What are we on, the third Mountain?

And that Brienne, she's too pretty. :rolleyes:

(Actually, I think Brienne is cast wonderfully. Although I might get my "I'm a BOOKREADER" card revoked for saying so.)

EvilZoe

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 26, 2013
Savoir-Faire is everywhere!
Not Gregor Clegane, apparently! What are we on, the third Mountain?

And that Brienne, she's too pretty. :rolleyes:

(Actually, I think Brienne is cast wonderfully. Although I might get my "I'm a BOOKREADER" card revoked for saying so.)

I prefer the television casting to the character descriptions in the books and visualize them with the former...lol

woodardjd

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 31, 2013
Midwest City, OK
Is there a difference between the Provari and the Provari mini, Other than the fact that you can't use 18650 batteries in it? I kinda like the smaller size. It looks like it will fit in my pocket a little easier.

I actually do run 18650 batteries in my minis. It takes a ProVari battery extender and a Tatroe extension ring or a standard bottom cap and 2 Tatroe extenders. But, that and the design on the sleeve are the only differences.

glassgal

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 7, 2013
Central Florida
www.azenglass.com
To answer the original question (didn't read all 11 pages... wow), I would get the MVP2 first, then I'd get a Provari. That's how I did it, and it was a great decision. I LOVE the MVP2. LOVE it! But for completely different reasons than the Provari.

The MVP takes a mini USB charger at the bottom. The battery lasts at least 2 days if you are heavily vaping, and 4 days if you are a not so heavy vaper. That makes it PERFECT for travel. You charge your MVP, and use the included pass-through to charge your cellphone/ipad/laptop in your hotel room... AND you can vape the MVP2 while playing on your charging laptop/tablet, connected to your MVP2.

That's what it's made for I think... TRAVEL. I just ordered ANOTHER MPV2 for traveling, and as someone pointed out, it doesn't roll, which is helpful on plane trays or dashboards. PLUS, you can carry a bunch of small ego threaded heads with it so you can swap your vape easily with pretty inexpensive throw-away clearos, or nice elegant Aspire ET-S. You can't use Ego-threaded anything on a Provari without buying an extra adapter (what for, when you can use the MVP2 you MUST HAVE). NO potentially dangerous batteries to lug around, no charger to charge the batteries, just your cell phone charger. And the charge through means that your MVP is a charger for your laptop/tablet. The MVP2 is amazing.

The MVP2's drawback is that even turned up to the same volts, it doesn't have the POWER of a Provari, and while I have no measuring tools, I can taste the difference. From full charge to empty, the Provari provides the same vape. The MVP doesn't match it.

The quality difference between the MVP2 and a Provari is very noticeable... something that you really have to hold both to appreciate. I would compare build quality difference between an old BMW (not the newer junkier built ones) to a Toyota ... which while nice, doesn't have the 'heft' of an older German made machine. Unnoticeable without getting behind the wheels of both, but a comparison never forgotten.

So you need a Provari too, it's a completely different experience.

And while I know people complain about the price... $200 is 4 cartons of cigarettes in most states. For most of us, that's less than a month of smoking cost we no longer need to spend. I look at it this way, I will get years of use out of that Provari, and every minute it's working, I am enjoying it, for the price of a month's cigs. I did not need to think hard about it.

Saving $50 to $150 to lose out on years of enjoyment, when you were spending $5 for a pack of smokes, is like choosing to smoke hand dried banana peels to save money. If saving money is the goal, then you probably shouldn't be vaping either.

If you are vaping for enjoyment... buy the Provari, the sooner the better. All these crazy Provari people are crazy about it for good reason, and it's not the money, since again... it's one average month's worth of cigs. If you managed to quit smoking, you DESERVE to give yourself a Provari (or 2), if only to celebrate your cigarette and health care savings for the rest of your life!

EvilZoe

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 26, 2013
I'm sure I don't know why I bought my second ProVari....except that it was a polished Mini for really cheap....lol

It's actually beautiful. I like the polished look better than the satin finish the silver Mini comes with from ProVape. Needs a couple of small scratches buffed out of it but we have the tools for that here. My mom is a metalworker and makes metal jewelry. Most of the scratches are on the extender cap, anyway, I don't don't USE that. I have a third-party extender that's much nicer.

dice57

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2013
Mount Vernon, Wa
I couldn't use a MVP personally, mainly because of the 11 watt max output. I just can't get a fantastic vape at 11 watts like I can at 15 watts. Admittedly I can achieve a great vape at 11 watts but nowhere near Fantastic. lmao.
I do like the looks of the VTR, but are limited to the tanks that will fit in the embedded position. Looking at a Mech mod with a kick 2 for a back up pvd. Just need to find one that has an expansion tube that will fit an 18650 and a kick.

HolmanGT

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 2, 2013
St. George, UT USA
I couldn't use a MVP personally, mainly because of the 11 watt max output. I just can't get a fantastic vape at 11 watts like I can at 15 watts. Admittedly I can achieve a great vape at 11 watts but nowhere near Fantastic. lmao.
I do like the looks of the VTR, but are limited to the tanks that will fit in the embedded position. Looking at a Mech mod with a kick 2 for a back up pvd. Just need to find one that has an expansion tube that will fit an 18650 and a kick.

Dice,

I am almost afraid to ask but what is an "embedded position"? :unsure:

tearose50

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2011
Tennessee :-)
f619be12-5648-4fad-92de-8bb34e3400a0_zpsf7f5e049.jpg

I would say he means that the tank/atty/cartomizer must have a 19mm or less width to fit in the recessed connector of the VTR, drawing shown above.

Great post Glassgal.

Last edited:

HolmanGT

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 2, 2013
St. George, UT USA
f619be12-5648-4fad-92de-8bb34e3400a0_zpsf7f5e049.jpg

I would say he means that the tank/atty/carto must have a 19mm or less width to fit in the recessed connector of the VTR, drawing shown above.

Great post Glasgal.

Thanks TeaRose - boy do I feel dumb. For the life of me couldn't imagine what he was talking about.

Last edited:

EvilZoe

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 26, 2013
A picture is worth a thousand words sometimes, isn't it. :toast:

And to stay on Provari topic -- Here's a picture of a Provari with a Skynet -- another interesting format:

zoom_69803496_DSCN9271_zps3080773e.jpg

I tried to get one of those when I was still deciding but couldn't manage it so I bought a Provari and a Reo. I can't remember why I wasn't able to buy it, though.

ScandaLeX

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 6, 2013
PhiLLy
They haven't been in stock for a while.
I don't recall seeing this before but it says
Code:
Attention! The product with the features selected is not currently available in the catalog online.

Their 'contact us' is web based unless you'd rather call.

DEL-SOLE di Volpi Paolo Francesco
Via Felice Cavallotti, 17
Vergiate (VA)
Phone: 0331 946023

I don't want one that badly.

HolmanGT

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 2, 2013
St. George, UT USA
They haven't been in stock for a while.
I don't recall seeing this before but it says
Code:
Attention! The product with the features selected is not currently available in the catalog online.

Their 'contact us' is web based unless you'd rather call.

DEL-SOLE di Volpi Paolo Francesco
Via Felice Cavallotti, 17
Vergiate (VA)
Phone: 0331 946023

I don't want one that badly.

Smacks of the Italian version of the ProVari-Mafia. Just give us your personal information and credit card info and we will take care of you. :facepalm:

WhiteHighlights

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 26, 2013
MetroWest Boston, MA, USA
Anyone going to Milan? Vergiate is only 45km northwest! Actually, I have a friend who sometimes has to go there on business, I wonder if I could convince him to take a side trip? Probably not, I know the downside of being a road warrior with meetings from 7am-11pm. You get to see the airport, the hotel, the office and a restaurant or two. Sure, he's had some awesome business dinners but trying to cram 10 days of work into 5 days is a drag. Now, if I could get him to bring his wife along and take a little vacation over there, I might have a chance. Hmm. I'm having dinner with them next week. I'll start laying the ground work!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread