Status
Not open for further replies.

Preloader

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 13, 2013
Oakland, CA
My best friend quit smoking a couple years ago. He did hypnosis... He paid $500.

I asked him if he felt the hypnosis helped. He replied:

"I don't know, but if I didn't quit I'd feel really stupid about about spending the $500."

This is a roundabout way of explaining why I have little remorse for the amount I spend on vape gear that keeps me engaged in the act of vaping.

I know I don't NEED a collection of ProVarii to stay off analogs, but I damn sure ain't gonna break down and buy a pack when I have all this expensive,beautiful and high performing American made equipment to play with.

0R163QD.jpg

Highwayman1224

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2012
Goodyear, AZ
My best friend quit smoking a couple years ago. He did hypnosis... He paid $500.

"I don't know, but if I didn't quit I'd feel really stupid about about spending the $500."

This is a roundabout way of explaining why I have little remorse for the amount I spend on vape gear that keeps me engaged in the act of vaping.

I know I don't NEED a collection of ProVarii to stay off analogs, but I damn sure ain't gonna break down and buy a pack when I have all this expensive,beautiful and high performing American made equipment to play with.

0R163QD.jpg

WOW!! Beautiful collection!!

Krint

ECF Veteran
Oct 19, 2013
Buffalo
My opinion on this is you can do all the research you want but until you try it you won't understand the difference.
Also if an OP asks our opinions on our provaris we are going to give our opinions. If you don't like them stay out of the provari forums and provari opinions needed threads you are obviously only there to stir the pot. I'm sure you wouldn't be happy if we popped into an MVP or vamo thread and did the same

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

StormFinch

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2010
Arkansas
WOW!! Beautiful collection!!

Yes, I'm currently trying to worm my way into Preloader's will. ;) :laugh:

My opinion on this is you can do all the research you want but until you try it you won't understand the difference.
Also if an OP asks our opinions on our provaris we are going to give our opinions. If you don't like them stay out of the provari forums and provari opinions needed threads you are obviously only there to stir the pot. I'm sure you wouldn't be happy if we popped into an MVP or vamo thread and did the same

Lol as most Provari topics, this one didn't start out in here but in the general forum. The mods see the word Provari nowadays and into this forum it goes! :D

Krint

ECF Veteran
Oct 19, 2013
Buffalo
Yes, I'm currently trying to worm my way into Preloader's will. ;) :laugh:
True but I just meant all threads no matter where they are. Before I had mine I just stayed out I had no info to offer

Lol as most Provari topics, this one didn't start out in here but in the general forum. The mods see the word Provari nowadays and into this forum it goes! :D

Capt.shay

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 10, 2013
W. Ma. U.S.A.
]

It was a little trollish of me
pokestick.gif
I'll go away now :)

StormFinch

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2010
Arkansas
I meant in general, I always stayed out of the threads when I didn't have one I had no real knowledge to give

Understood. And just so you'll know, there's an edit feature on your posts for a while so that you can change things like accidently posting inside the quote. I should know, I use that thing constantly! :laugh:

dragonbone

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 21, 2009
Somewhere
  • Deleted by sonicdsl
  • Reason: Cleaning up the mess

yuttynutt

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 28, 2011
Minnesota

0R163QD.jpg

What is the big one in the middle?

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Xparent Green Tapatalk 2

c3 rolling

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2013
Canyon Country, CA
The MVP v1 and 2 are the first APV's I have owned and used them for about 6 months until I acquired a Provari. My wife purchased it for our anniversary a month ago because she googled and noticed the Provari was the most revered/famous. I was actually kind of reluctant to use it because I loved my MVP's so much and didnt feel I needed such and expensive APV.....

Now after a month of use...aside from build quality...THERE IS A DIFFERENCE in vape quality. I ignore VW (seems kinda pointless for me) and vape at the 4.0-4.5 volt range with my Protank and RBA's. I noticed the flavor and vapor density is improved with the Provari compared to the MVP. I thought it was all in my head but my wife noticed it too. Granted the difference is very tiny but it's there. If anything I feel proud to own an American designed/made APV, just like all my firearms.

glassgal

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 7, 2013
Central Florida
www.azenglass.com
I am not a Provari hater by any means and although it I don't own one I recognize it is a very high quality device. However, there are devices out there that can do all the same and more, have the same quality build, and cost much less money. Telling people they must buy a Prothingi in order to have a satisfactory device is just plain arrogance in my opinion. If you have the money and like the device I don't see how you can go wrong with a Provari but, to the Provinatzi out there, please stop telling us your poo doesn't stink and all ours does because you are dead wrong and it makes you look like a......

No one say you MUST buy a Provari at all. But most vapers are cost conscious and over time, the Provari will save you money in replacement costs. Buy cheap buy twice.

And no, I've yet to hear of a device that 'does the same thing' for less. The devices that 'do the same thing' absolutely don't cost less, but I don't know of another device that vapes the same, delivers exactly the same ohm I guess, from a brand new fresh battery to the same blinking dead battery. Can you name it, because I'll go buy it.

As for poo not stinking, you're the one who came to the Provari section with your poo, I don't think it's us with the stinky poo:). LOL!

glassgal

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 7, 2013
Central Florida
www.azenglass.com
  • Deleted by sonicdsl

glassgal

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 7, 2013
Central Florida
www.azenglass.com

0R163QD.jpg

Always love your bling pix:)!!

Heh, hypnosis for $500? That's more than I paid, I think I only paid $250 for the seminar. Plus the $350 perscription for Chantix that made me sick and hallucinogenic, plus the $189 for the Nicotrol perscription that didn't get me much nicotine while expanding my cheek muscles from the workout sucking, plus the $300 for accupuncture/herbal treatment for a week that made me REALLY nauseous when I smoked, but I smoked anyway, plus the $100 worth of patches, plus the $300 worth of nicorette gum, plus the $120 worth of nicotine lozenges, and that's not counting the $50 per doctor visits just for all these perscriptions and checkups amounting to probably $1000 over time alone.

Gosh... I've saved a fortune:)!

Ipster

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 8, 2012
Hawaii, SAR,HongKong (Stanley)
I find on ECF there's a core group of mechanically minded peeps- they LUV to build, play, take things apart, put them back together again.
They go for the RBA, the Mech. Mods..etc. Then theres folks like myself..I can get really busy during the week- flying around, hectic schedule in 10-15 minute slices for over 18 hours; I just need something that WORKS! 100% OF THE TIME! I cant/wont rebuild or fix things
when my time is precious. ProVari's are really reliable, durable. Check out the drop from the window a few days back. http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/provari/491713-provari-bit-dust-big-time.html by stormy1960. They just keep working; hold a lot of Liquid; have a good warranty or repair if needed (rare-you'll mostly see a cleaning and some Noalox grease on the threads fixes issues). thos of us that've vaped a few years in have thought if we spent the $ in the beginning on a ProVari...we'd have saved a lot in the interim on other items that dont work anymore.
So maybe if you're a tinkerer....you'd be AOK with other APV...but reliably speaking ProVari outlasts heavy use comparables.

Ipster

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 8, 2012
Hawaii, SAR,HongKong (Stanley)

0R163QD.jpg

I dont have a ProVari "collection". I did try to quit for over 20years- spending more thousands of $s than I could ever count.
NONE Of the PVs are guaranteed to be smoking cessation products, right?
I agree with Preloader though- I wish I had the ProVari option that was something which works all the time, and is always there
when I went through that "just quit" crave period.
I know most of the "apps" and signatures tally the savings from those of us that quit, Im still way ahead of smoking.
ProVari is a solid investment!

donnah

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2010
Albemarle, North Carolina
  • Deleted by sonicdsl

sawlight

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 2, 2009
Kansas
Even if this isn't true, and I have no reason to doubt your credibility, but I laughed quite a bit at this... Funny stuff

I assure you it's true! I've done it more than once when asked why I would spend that kind of money on something that I could buy four of something that do the same thing. IMO none of them can do that, regardless of what else it's capable of.
I didn't buy it for a beauty queen, it's a tool to me and I wanted the most durable tool I could get for my needs! I didn't get a color on mine for the same reason! I regularly drop it on concrete to prove the same point, the ONLY time I got concerned/scared was the time I dropped it with a ZAP on it in the garage! Both came out without so much as a scratch! Had to find the cap and drip tip, then clean off and straighten out the coils a bit, but no worse for wear. That said a lot about the ZAP to me as well!

rabernet

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 20, 2011
Buford, GA
OMG I'm so ashamed. I didn't pay enough for an APV and ignored an opportunity to support my fellow American workers. I have no class. I only look out for myself. I vape at 6.5 or 7.0 watts, not volts even though that gaudy OLED menu will allow me to do either. I should be worried about wearing off that pretty Provari finish instead of going trouble-free with solid stainless steel. Most of all I hate myself because my epicurean taste is not so super keen that I can discern any difference between vapor made with a 33.3 Mz chip and a 800 Mhz chip. I'll admit it, I really get a kick about being promiscuous with batteries. One day it's a petite 18350, that evening it's a tall lanky 18650 and the next day it might be a curvacious 18490 or 18500. Yes, I've done the unthinkable, too. I've actually done two 18350s at once!

Worst of all I'm going to buy another of these Chinese Kalashnikovs as a back-up now that I can get one for $42. The one I'm using now works perfectly well after seven hard months and I'm buying another already!

007-1.jpg

You're so adorable when you throw a tantrum! :p

Sent from my Samsung Note II using Tapatalk 2

dam718

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2012
Hawaii
I'm not going to go back and find it... So to whoever said there is no build quality difference between the ProVari and the MVP... That is just plain crazy talk...

Everything about the ProVari is built better... The battery cap on a ProVari probably weighs more than the entire MVP (this is exaggerating...) The tolerances are tighter, the 510 connection is a hulking chunk of finely machined heavy gauge stainless steel, not that plated garbage eGo connector. If I were to take a ProVari and throw it out a car window at 60MPH, I could go back and get it, brush the dust off and vape away... If I did that with an MVP, I'd be lucky to find all the pieces...

To say the MVP is as rugged as a ProVari is nonsense... Complete HOGWASH! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread