Complete HOGWASH! :D

What?
2987582283_f76c532cbd.jpg

stevegmu

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 10, 2013
6992 kilometers from home...
I'm not going to go back and find it... So to whoever said there is no build quality difference between the ProVari and the MVP... That is just plain crazy talk...

Everything about the ProVari is built better... The battery cap on a ProVari probably weighs more than the entire MVP (this is exaggerating...) The tolerances are tighter, the 510 connection is a hulking chunk of finely machined heavy gauge stainless steel, not that plated garbage eGo connector. If I were to take a ProVari and throw it out a car window at 60MPH, I could go back and get it, brush the dust off and vape away... If I did that with an MVP, I'd be lucky to find all the pieces...

To say the MVP is as rugged as a ProVari is nonsense... Complete HOGWASH! :D

There's also quite a difference between US steel and what passes off as stainless in China.

dragonbone

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 21, 2009
Somewhere
  • Deleted by sonicdsl
  • Reason: Cleaning up the mess

dam718

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2012
Hawaii
  • Deleted by sonicdsl

Fergie

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2013
Toronto, Canada,
  • Deleted by sonicdsl

stevegmu

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 10, 2013
Even the aluminum they use is the lowest grade they can get!

That's just it; it is what they can get at the time. There's no consistency when it comes to Chinese metals. When we get something metal in at work that is made in China, I zap it with an XRF analyzer. It is shocking what they consider hardened, tool steel or stainless.

Big Orange Country

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 10, 2013
The South
  • Deleted by sonicdsl

Ozwald

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 12, 2013
Montana
There's also quite a difference between US steel and what passes off as stainless in China.

Depends. In my trade I buy by the numbers. 304 is 304. 316 is 316. Doesn't matter where it came from. If you buy just 'stainless' it could be from a wide variety of alloy's. I've got some great stainless from a Chinese manufacturer, but I knew what I was buying before I committed.

Thrasher

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2012
Madeira beach, Fla
the Provari is cast from the finest Unobtanium and forged in the fires of Mount St. Helens and tempered with the Woeful tears of the pixies enslaved in the volcano mines. then they use Unicorn blood for the red LED's.

I didn't buy it for a beauty queen, it's a tool to me and I wanted the most durable tool I could get for my needs!
Uh huhuhuhuh - He said tool.
82216187.jpg

stevegmu

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 10, 2013
Depends. In my trade I buy by the numbers. 304 is 304. 316 is 316. Doesn't matter where it came from. If you buy just 'stainless' it could be from a wide variety of alloy's. I've got some great stainless from a Chinese manufacturer, but I knew what I was buying before I committed.

We have bought fittings, tools, dies... with exact specifications and have gotten ranges of steel, even though certain types were specified. We aren't a small company and the engineers are quite specific to the suppliers as to exactly what we need. Chinese standards from what I have seen don't conform to AISI specs. Phosphorus and sulfur seem to be over abundant.

glassgal

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 7, 2013
Central Florida
www.azenglass.com
  • Deleted by sonicdsl

glassgal

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 7, 2013
Central Florida
www.azenglass.com
the Provari is cast from the finest Unobtanium and forged in the fires of Mount St. Helens and tempered with the Woeful tears of the pixies enslaved in the volcano mines. then they use Unicorn blood for the red LED's.

Uh huhuhuhuh - He said tool.
View attachment 278661

Now that's a scary picture...

And... the rest of you popcorn people should be ashamed of yourselves... LMAO!!

donnah

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2010
Albemarle, North Carolina
  • Deleted by sonicdsl

Impulso

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2013
Rocklin, ca
I'm late to this argument, but I would like to know myself....I thought the MVP 2.0 and Provari both essentially output flat DC(or pulsed fast enough where it seems that way).

Is the claim that you can tell vape differences at higher voltages when the MVP starts draining? I can understand that there would be a difference at higher voltages as the battery on the MVP drains, but when the MVP is fully charged and at to least to 4.0-4.2V should have no difference. With the transformer/op-amp or whatever the provari uses, there should be consistency that the MVP will not have as the battery drops down...no disagreement there as even with my useless sense of taste, I can tell.

Am I mistaken?

jnnfrlsw

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 28, 2009
East Central Ind
Another difference between the MVP and the Provari is that the MVP only goes up to 5v whereas the Provari goes to 6V. I had one of the MVP version 1. I liked the small box size. But, I prefer to vape above 5V. Also, the battery life started declining after about 3 months. I ended up gifting it to a friend wanting to try vaping. She used it for another 4 months and it died. Though it served its purpose. It helped her quit smoking and then when it died she moved up to a provari as well.
I have purchased 4 provaris over the past 3 years and cannot say anything negative about its quality, long term value and Provapes customer service.

When I leave my house I want to know the pv I take along is going to work and not have to carry my full vape bag with a bunch of backup devices. The only extras I ever take along are an extra 18650 battery and a container of eliquid for a tank refill. I am good for 24hrs +.

ishappinessspoonfed

Oct 21, 2013
boise
  • Deleted by sonicdsl

glassgal

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 7, 2013
Central Florida
www.azenglass.com
  • Deleted by sonicdsl

Impulso

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2013
Rocklin, ca
Agreed about the voltage part, and have worries that I'm getting close to the ~500 charges etc that the battery can take without degradation of the battery.

My marriage to the MVP is about to end. 2 hours and 50 minutes. I will use the MVP until it dies though as its convenient to be used the whole day, and I have a charger in my car when I'm driving, so charging up is never an issue. Thats the one thing I'll really miss! I'll probably buy another one as a backup once this one dies.

Another difference between the MVP and the Provari is that the MVP only goes up to 5v whereas the Provari goes to 6V. I had one of the MVP version 1. I liked the small box size. But, I prefer to vape above 5V. Also, the battery life started declining after about 3 months. I ended up gifting it to a friend wanting to try vaping. She used it for another 4 months and it died. Though it served its purpose. It helped her quit smoking and then when it died she moved up to a provari as well.
I have purchased 4 provaris over the past 3 years and cannot say anything negative about its quality, long term value and Provapes customer service.

When I leave my house I want to know the pv I take along is going to work and not have to carry my full vape bag with a bunch of backup devices. The only extras I ever take along are an extra 18650 battery and a container of eliquid for a tank refill. I am good for 24hrs +.

dragonbone

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 21, 2009
Somewhere
  • Deleted by sonicdsl

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal

This is pretty much true when buying Cert-ed Material. But when buying Non-Cert-ed Material things sometimes fall apart. It depends on the Supplier.

The problem lies in that there is No Clear Definition as to what "Stainless Steel" is.

It used to be that people would Not call an Alloy "Stainless" unless it had at lest 15% Chromium and 5% Nickel. Today, it seems that Anything goes.

I have seen people refer to 4130 as "Stainless Steel". I cringe when I see stuff like this. But there Isn't any Stainless Steel police out there enforcing what someone Can or Can't call something as "Stainless".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread