The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

What makes the provari so special?

Discussion in 'ProVari' started by chrisj3982, Nov 30, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Ozwald

Ozwald Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Nov 12, 2013
    Montana
    What?
    [​IMG]

2. stevegmu

stevegmu Moved On ECF Veteran

There's also quite a difference between US steel and what passes off as stainless in China.

3. dam718

dam718 Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Dec 30, 2012
    Hawaii
    Awesome... That is all...

4. dragonbone
    This message by dragonbone has been removed from public view. Deleted by a moderator, Dec 2, 2013, Reason: Cleaning up the mess.
    Dec 2, 2013
  5. dam718
    This message by dam718 has been removed from public view. Deleted by a moderator, Dec 2, 2013, Reason: Cleaning up the mess.
    Dec 2, 2013
  6. Fergie
    This message by Fergie has been removed from public view. Deleted by a moderator, Dec 2, 2013, Reason: Cleaning up the mess.
    Dec 2, 2013
  7. sawlight

sawlight Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Nov 2, 2009
    Kansas
    Even the aluminum they use is the lowest grade they can get!

8. StormFinch

StormFinch Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Mar 22, 2010
    Arkansas
    [​IMG]

9. stevegmu

That's just it; it is what they can get at the time. There's no consistency when it comes to Chinese metals. When we get something metal in at work that is made in China, I zap it with an XRF analyzer. It is shocking what they consider hardened, tool steel or stainless.

10. Big Orange Country
    This message by Big Orange Country has been removed from public view. Deleted by a moderator, Dec 2, 2013, Reason: Cleaning up the mess.
    Dec 2, 2013
  11. Ozwald

Ozwald Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Nov 12, 2013
    Montana
    Depends. In my trade I buy by the numbers. 304 is 304. 316 is 316. Doesn't matter where it came from. If you buy just 'stainless' it could be from a wide variety of alloy's. I've got some great stainless from a Chinese manufacturer, but I knew what I was buying before I committed.

12. Thrasher

Thrasher ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Oct 28, 2012
    Madeira beach, Fla
    the Provari is cast from the finest Unobtanium and forged in the fires of Mount St. Helens and tempered with the Woeful tears of the pixies enslaved in the volcano mines. then they use Unicorn blood for the red LED's.

Uh huhuhuhuh - He said tool.
    82216187.jpg

13. stevegmu

We have bought fittings, tools, dies... with exact specifications and have gotten ranges of steel, even though certain types were specified. We aren't a small company and the engineers are quite specific to the suppliers as to exactly what we need. Chinese standards from what I have seen don't conform to AISI specs. Phosphorus and sulfur seem to be over abundant.

14. glassgal
    This message by glassgal has been removed from public view. Deleted by a moderator, Dec 2, 2013, Reason: Cleaning up the mess.
    Dec 2, 2013
  15. glassgal

glassgal Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Sep 7, 2013
    Central Florida
    Now that's a scary picture...

And... the rest of you popcorn people should be ashamed of yourselves... LMAO!!

16. StormFinch

StormFinch Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Mar 22, 2010
    Arkansas
    Yes Ma'am :oops::laugh:

17. Katdarling

Katdarling Blinged mods and poli-TIX ready! Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Jan 25, 2011
    Utopia
    So sorry ... I think I'm in the wrong place. Is this the Provari vs. (anything) Knock Out Game thread?

Ladies, please remember it's "attack the post, not the poster".

Gentlemen, start yer engines.

18. donnah
    This message by donnah has been removed from public view. Deleted by a moderator, Dec 2, 2013, Reason: Cleaning up the mess.
    Dec 2, 2013
  19. Impulso

Impulso Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Nov 23, 2013
    Rocklin, ca
    I'm late to this argument, but I would like to know myself....I thought the MVP 2.0 and Provari both essentially output flat DC(or pulsed fast enough where it seems that way).

Is the claim that you can tell vape differences at higher voltages when the MVP starts draining? I can understand that there would be a difference at higher voltages as the battery on the MVP drains, but when the MVP is fully charged and at to least to 4.0-4.2V should have no difference. With the transformer/op-amp or whatever the provari uses, there should be consistency that the MVP will not have as the battery drops down...no disagreement there as even with my useless sense of taste, I can tell.

Am I mistaken?

20. Impulso

Nov 23, 2013
    Rocklin, ca
    Wow that sounded horribly worded, and I can't edit it. It sounds like verbal diarrhea(my own post on top). Is there a reason I can't edit this?

21. jnnfrlsw

jnnfrlsw Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Dec 28, 2009
    East Central Ind
    Another difference between the MVP and the Provari is that the MVP only goes up to 5v whereas the Provari goes to 6V. I had one of the MVP version 1. I liked the small box size. But, I prefer to vape above 5V. Also, the battery life started declining after about 3 months. I ended up gifting it to a friend wanting to try vaping. She used it for another 4 months and it died. Though it served its purpose. It helped her quit smoking and then when it died she moved up to a provari as well.
    I have purchased 4 provaris over the past 3 years and cannot say anything negative about its quality, long term value and Provapes customer service.

When I leave my house I want to know the pv I take along is going to work and not have to carry my full vape bag with a bunch of backup devices. The only extras I ever take along are an extra 18650 battery and a container of eliquid for a tank refill. I am good for 24hrs +.

22. ishappinessspoonfed
    This message by ishappinessspoonfed has been removed from public view. Deleted by a moderator, Dec 2, 2013, Reason: Cleaning up the mess.
    Dec 2, 2013
  23. glassgal
    This message by glassgal has been removed from public view. Deleted by a moderator, Dec 2, 2013, Reason: Cleaning up the mess.
    Dec 2, 2013
  24. Impulso

Nov 23, 2013
    Rocklin, ca
    Agreed about the voltage part, and have worries that I'm getting close to the ~500 charges etc that the battery can take without degradation of the battery.

My marriage to the MVP is about to end. 2 hours and 50 minutes. I will use the MVP until it dies though as its convenient to be used the whole day, and I have a charger in my car when I'm driving, so charging up is never an issue. Thats the one thing I'll really miss! I'll probably buy another one as a backup once this one dies.

25. dragonbone
    This message by dragonbone has been removed from public view. Deleted by a moderator, Dec 2, 2013, Reason: Cleaning up the mess.
    Dec 2, 2013
  26. sonicdsl

sonicdsl Admin
    Reviewers Mgr
    Asst Classifieds Mgr
    Admin Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Aug 11, 2011
    That's enough of this behavior in here. Any more reports come in, this thread will be closed or even deleted (I'm not going to dig through and clean it up again).

This is supposed to be an adult forum. Please behave like you are all adults.

27. BernieVideo

BernieVideo Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 7, 2013
    NoHo El Lay CA
    The thing that makes the Provari so special is that it puts out magic fairy pixie watts.

I have tested and confirmed this.

That's why I own 2.

That is the definitive reason and answer.

Tapatalking on iPhone.
    Join the CASAA.
    Protect your Vaping Rights!

28. zoiDman

zoiDman My -0^10 = Nothing at All* ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Apr 16, 2010
    So-Cal
    This is pretty much true when buying Cert-ed Material. But when buying Non-Cert-ed Material things sometimes fall apart. It depends on the Supplier.

The problem lies in that there is No Clear Definition as to what "Stainless Steel" is.

It used to be that people would Not call an Alloy "Stainless" unless it had at lest 15% Chromium and 5% Nickel. Today, it seems that Anything goes.

I have seen people refer to 4130 as "Stainless Steel". I cringe when I see stuff like this. But there Isn't any Stainless Steel police out there enforcing what someone Can or Can't call something as "Stainless".

29. zee91105

zee91105 Full Member

Feb 5, 2012
    India
    1. solid built to last for years. may be can be passed from generation to generation.
    2. hit gr8 every time.
    3. same performance always.
    4. never misfires.
    5. solid as tank ... CAN BE USED AS A PROTECTIVE TOOL TOO ... SOS !!
    6. you can get bored of it but it will always give you a reason not to change your mod.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.