hittman

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    I try to know my limits and am not afraid to pay someone to do something that I don't feel like I can do a good job on. That and something that I feel I can't do in a timely manner. Like I paid someone to paint my house for the first time since I didn't want to waste a week vacation and spend within a thousand dollars anyway.

gerrymi

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Jul 12, 2013
    The 'Burgh, PA.
    I'm tired of all of the ad's.
    I WILL also be dropping my supporting membership when it expires, if they need money to run the site, then they can get it from all the popup ad's they are running. :-x

Burnie...there's an idiom about "baby" and "bathwater" in our culture...

The current contest pop-ups (in spite of my uBlock) are mildly irritating...but...I get SO MUCH information/help from ECF that I'll continue my Supporting Membership until the ads just "go away"...

(I mean...for me...sitting at my laptop/desk...enjoying my vaping [in many ways thanks to ECF]...moving my mouse a mm or two to "X out an ad"...is not really that much of an effort.)

Last edited:

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    I guess it's ok to mention here but I wanted to share that I've been contacted here on ECF to do some product reviews. I don't know if it'll be an ongoing thing or just a one time deal but I'm rather excited about it.

rothenbj

Vaping Master
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 23, 2009
    Green Lane, Pa
    Okay, my review of Skoal Snus Smooth Mint. To start, after I bought it, I decided to open the can as I was driving. Now I just trimmed my fingernails yesterday so they are rather short, but it wasn't like opening a General Mint. I waited for a place I could pull over and tried with no distractions. No luck.

So I turned the car off and used the key to open and even that took some effort but finally got it open. As with Camel, there are 9 less portions per can and the portions are big, even compared to Camel. I didn't find them particularly comfortable and I felt like they were observable if someone was looking at me. Taste wise, as Waho said, much sweeter than General and pretty comparable to Camel. All in all, if I was hurting for a can and I had only the choice of the two, I think I'd opt for the Camel. Oh, and no area to hold used snus, another turn off.

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Okay, my review of Skoal Snus Smooth Mint. To start, after I bought it, I decided to open the can as I was driving. Now I just trimmed my fingernails yesterday so they are rather short, but it wasn't like opening a General Mint. I waited for a place I could pull over and tried with no distractions. No luck.

So I turned the car off and used the key to open and even that took some effort but finally got it open. As with Camel, there are 9 less portions per can and the portions are big, even compared to Camel. I didn't find them particularly comfortable and I felt like they were observable if someone was looking at me. Taste wise, as Waho said, much sweeter than General and pretty comparable to Camel. All in all, if I was hurting for a can and I had only the choice of the two, I think I'd opt for the Camel. Oh, and no area to hold used snus, another turn off.

Thanks for the review Roth. I think I’ll pass on that one.

rothenbj

Vaping Master
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 23, 2009
    Green Lane, Pa
    The Mint, on the other hand isn't bad and, if push came to shove, I'd buy it over Camel. It's closer to General than Camel from a sweetness perspective. Don't think a tobacco flavor user would like but for a mint, not bad. I just wish they had more comfortable portions and more in the can. I also found that if you can get a key into where the label starts and start to pull it up, the whole thing comes off easily. Unfortunately, you do need something like a key to get it started. Well, unless longer fingernails worked but I'm not sure that would do it either.

rothenbj

Vaping Master
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 23, 2009
    Green Lane, Pa
    Snus sizes.jpg

Here's a comparison of the larger Skoal Mint snus and a General Mint

Reactions: hittman

rothenbj

Vaping Master
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 23, 2009
    Green Lane, Pa
    Okay, first the snus. I have another complaint. I had a portion in this afternoon and suddenly felt loose tobacco in my mouth, the bag broke. I got it out in time so it wasn't real bad but totally unsatisfactory. Such a shame since the Mint is the best American snus I've had. I think I'll voice my complaints to Skoal and see if I get a reaction. The three would be number of portions, size of portions and the breakage.

On a totally unrelated topic, I won my complaint to the bar association about the fees that the lawyer for my uncle's estate charged. We had a hearing scheduled in March that got cancelled due to one of the snow storms. It was rescheduled for this past Thursday. All I knew about the procedure was that three lawyers would hear our case and make a determination.

When we finished, I really was pretty negative on my chances as he lied and lied about things and had a long list of charges for various activities. My only defense about the list was that he could put anything in to a spreadsheet and I had a court judgement that I found on the internet that I had used as my main argument.

The letter was in my mailbox when I got home today. So happy. Now we'll see if he pays up or if I have to fight him on it.

Reactions: hittman

The Rebel

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 15, 2010
    Grand Rapids, Michigan
    Glad to see you guys are enjoying the nice spring weather. We just suffered through possibly the worst weekend weather in the recorded history of Michigan. It was one heck of a system that brew through, first rain, then gale force wind, then freezing rain, then snow, more freezing rain, then more snow. All told I think I ended up with close to six inches on the ground that is now turning to slush. It was miserable to say the least. Luckily we didn't lose power or have any flooding, but the east side of the state got the brunt of the flooding. Looking up for this week thankfully, 60s and sunny by this weekend.

Users who are viewing this thread