What's under your lip/in your nose right now? - Part 2

Waho

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 22, 2010
Michigan
We got hammered in mid MI. The Flint river isn't flooded but most of the feeder creeks are. Solid inch of ice and a few inches snow over the last 48 hours.

I was supposed to drive out to Grand Rapids Saturday to help my brother buy a car, but bailed due to the weather. He got it taken care of just fine with some text message coaching and is now the proud owner of a 2018 chevy cruze rs hatchback red line edition.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

The Rebel

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 15, 2010
Grand Rapids, Michigan
North of us in the Traverse City area received over 39 inches of snow over the weekend. It got below freezing last night so all the slush froze and then we got another couple of inches on top of that so the ride in to work today was a little tricky. So over this weather. Usually by this time of year I'm already getting stuff done out in the yard. I'm almost a month behind now, yea me.

hittman

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    I can't even imagine getting that much snow. Here I am complaining about a light snow and cold temps over the weekends and they are getting over a yard of snow. I mowed for the first time last week and am going to have to again tonight. It's supposed to get up to 60 today so it should be alright weather for mowing.

Burnie

The Bug Man
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 1, 2009
    Sunny Florida
    Burnie...there's an idiom about "baby" and "bathwater" in our culture...

The current contest pop-ups (in spite of my uBlock) are mildly irritating...but...I get SO MUCH information/help from ECF that I'll continue my Supporting Membership until the ads just "go away"...

(I mean...for me...sitting at my laptop/desk...enjoying my vaping [in many ways thanks to ECF]...moving my mouse a mm or two to "X out an ad"...is not really that much of an effort.)

Well for "ME" it is the principle of it. EVERYONE HATES POPUP's, no matter what they are about. There have been quite a few threads about it, but the Admin just does nothing, guess they are making a chunk of change for doing it, so they ignore the membership. This site USED to be just about information & people helping others, not sure where it is going at this point. I will pop in from time to time, but unless something was to change, I won't be coming around like I was in the past. I created an email for my friends here, in case I go AWOL for a long while. :)

snuslover
    at
    masterbrewer.net

• Optimistic
    Reactions: gerrymi

rothenbj

Vaping Master
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 23, 2009
    Green Lane, Pa
    Sorry to see ya go Burnie, but I can understand your frustration. I just don't know why I don't have the issue unless it's McAfee that stops them.

Well, my year's long Smok Alien love affair came to an end suddenly Tuesday it appears. I had a morning meeting with a bank investment adviser over money I had inherited in a mutual fund from my uncle. I got a surprise when the team showed up to put a new layer of asphalt on my lane, they were supposed to call to let me know when they were coming.

To make a long story short, I took the alien and off I went to the meeting, went to lunch to delay getting home till they had time to complete the work, bought some groceries and headed home. They were finished but had to park the car on the road and haul everything in. Then I had to go right back out to get some chopped meat that she forgot to mention in her text. When the dust settled, the Alien was nowhere to be found.

I have a tendency of sitting it down in various places when I've got a handful but, so far, all the usual places have been checked so either I left it sitting when I left lunch, I was talking to the owner about basketball so it's possible, or it's here somewhere not obvious.

However, the bigger issue is that I won't replace it if I don't find it. It was a replacement for my original when it stopped working. I had an APV400 that I never used so set it up but needed a new set of batteries for alternating. I knew I had two Samsung that I had opened up just recently but they weren't on the desk where I thought they'd be. They were in the old alien, I tried them to see if new batteries would work.

When the old one died, I found one of the batteries also was dead. Now I have one dead brand new battery. Apparently whatever went bad in the old alien just kept draining one of the batteries.

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Roth, my two current favorite mods are the vaporesso revenger and the aspire speeder. The revenger has programmable wattage and temperature curves and the speeder just has wattage curve. I like them because I can get the curve set just the way I like it and don't have to take a hit or two to get the coil warmed up. I put in a higher wattage/temperature for the first second or so and then ramp it down. It only takes a few minutes to get it set where I like it.

• Useful
    Reactions: gerrymi

rothenbj

Vaping Master
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 23, 2009
    Green Lane, Pa
    I'm not too fancy with my mods anymore, form factor is my priority. I was looking at some 100 watts lately but I kind of like the smaller 200 watt mods with two batteries since I don't need to mess with them much. I only vape in the 30-40 watt range and the batteries don't need charging more than once a week, if that.

Waho

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 22, 2010
    Michigan
    I think the same thing about people yelling "ok google" or "hey siri" at their phones in public already. And the folks that talk loudly with their phones on speaker when they have both hands free and are otherwise doing nothing drive me nuts.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

rothenbj

Vaping Master
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 23, 2009
    Green Lane, Pa
    That started a long time ago with the Nextel ??? phones that brought private conversation into the public forum. However, that wasn't the funniest. The most bizarre were the earphones, either wired or wireless where a person was walking down the street or in a building appearing to talk to themselves or thinking they were talking to you, until you realized they were just phoning.

The Rebel

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 15, 2010
    Grand Rapids, Michigan
    Oh yes, the wonderful blue tooth ear pieces. Still see a few cats walking around with them in their ear, mostly at Walmart and other reputable establishments. I carried on a one way conversation with some guy at the airport back in the day for about two minutes before I realized he had one stuck in his ear. There have been many excellent inventions in recent history, blue tooth ear pieces aren't one of them.

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    I use a Bluetooth earpiece at work in order to free my hands and being able to talk to engineers at the factories while working on equipment. It's linked to my office phone with a handset lifter. I don't have one for my cell phone and never will.

rothenbj

Vaping Master
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 23, 2009
    Green Lane, Pa
    In a work environment they make and made a lot of sense. Even before the blue tooth phase, there were wired headsets that were marvelous for support positions in technology. It's hard trying to talk to a customer trying to solve a tech issue holding a phone between your ear and shoulder and working a keyboard although I spent too much time doing just that.

Reactions: hittman

Users who are viewing this thread