hittman

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    I’m not a big outdoors person but that sounds like fun. What is Dunham’s? I assume it’s a sporting goods store.

I smoked a pork shoulder and some baby back ribs yesterday. We invited the outlaws over to eat and visit with my oldest daughter that came home for the weekend.

rothenbj

Vaping Master
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 23, 2009
    Green Lane, Pa
    Yes Dunhams is a sports store. I had to look it up but there are a number of them in PA. A bit of a hike from my place but they're around. I thought I might get a kayak when the live in's sister broke up with her bf. Unfortunately, he decided to hold on to them rather than selling them. If I got a good deal on a used one, I might be interested but I'm not spending a lot for something I might not use as much as I think I would and with an iffy shoulder, it might just turn into a waste of money. We do have a lot of water around here also but getting a bit long in the tooth, makes it less attractive.

I just hung out with the dogs this weekend. Finished up the gutter guards on the sun room so that's done. Now if the weather cooperates, it's on to staining the front deck and garage door. We just can't get a few days in a row of nice weather. I'm hoping the pattern changes before the 9th. That's when I head out for a ride to New Hampshire for six days to the Laconia Bike Week. That should be a trip. We rented a condo for the stay so it should be nice if we get the right weather.

Reactions: hittman

Waho

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 22, 2010
    Michigan
    I think in Michigan you're never more than 20 minutes from a Dunham's. Standard sporting goods store, everything from golf clubs to guns to bicycles to weightlifting gear.

There's a fairly robust used market for canoes/kayaks around here. I would have bought used, but my wife has a broken tailbone that healed badly so she can't sit on hard surfaces very long. Most of the used ones had seats that wouldn't work for her so I bought these that have what is essentially a mesh lawn chair strapped to the deck.

I don't know if you have a Tractor Supply near you Roth, but they carry Sundolphin kayaks. Might have to do ship to store, but they make sub $200 kayaks to get the feet wet so to speak. And Sundolphin are made in Muskegon, Michigan.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Waho

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 22, 2010
    Michigan
    Ditto, seen but never used.

My most recent experiences with Smok products are through a friends of mine, one of whom admittedly used them on the job and beat the everloving crap out of them. He had a Smok stick I think it was called that got packed with metal dust/welding slag and fell 30+ feet off scaffolding, still worked but the glass tank broke so he immediately called it a POS. He also dropped two Smok box mods into the ocean and blamed the mods... :facepalm:

My other buddy and his wife bought Smok Alien 220w mods that seem to be running good for them. Got them both off the ciggies anyway.

Speaking of wives, I was shopping for a smaller mod to take out with the kayaks. Figured it would be better to drop a $30 device into the lake instead of one of my nicer ones. She expressed interest (gasp!) so I picked up two of the Aspire Breeze 2 and a variety of the new nic salt juices. Her major hang up was always to get enough nicotine to be satisfying there would also be too much throat hit. Sounds like these salt juices are 25+ mg but hit like much lower nicotine. Here's hoping!

Reactions: firechick

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Most of the salts are usually 50mg. I tried some but really didn’t care that much for them. I bought some unflavored 100mg and mixed it myself.

I’ve been seriously considering buying an IPV Eclipse. Eight vape has a really good price on them and is throwing in a free tank. Just not sure I really want to drop $50 on a mod right now. I’ve also been eyeing the innokin proton.

Reactions: Waho

Waho

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 22, 2010
    Michigan
    I bought some 50, 30 and 25mg. I hoping she'll find something she likes.

I had some unflavored 60mg "hit" salts to see if it would boost the throat hit while keeping my normal 3mg. It hit weird, not necessarily harder, just different. "Warmer" maybe. Ended up just making me cough. I've read that a few people mixed up some of the "smooth" salts at 12mg and got next to zero throat hit, I didn't see any commercial salt juices with that low of nicotine though.

firechick

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 24, 2009
    Upstate New York
    I looked at the salts but never tried them. I mix 50mg unflavored for the MyJet pod stick for work. If you shave the notches off you can refill them.

I've been using Kanger Juppi tanks in the car and at home lately. Easy to rewick the stock notch coil and NEVER leak but they don't hold much. Been looking around for something easy to rewick that doesn't leak and holds more. Fran was talking about one that she rewicks over in the Hideout. I'll have to ask her which one she uses.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

rothenbj

Vaping Master
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 23, 2009
    Green Lane, Pa
    Well you'aw completely lost me. Thought you'd been adding bath salts to the mix. LOL In my quick education on the subject of salts, it appears they're more oriented to the vape pen crowd and as something more inviting to the newly converted smoker. The one thing that surprises me though. Here we are in 2018 and, with all the FDA "regulation" new products are constantly entering the market. They might as well wave the white flag, too big to fail.

What wasn't too big to fail was my coil in my Alien tank. I put a new one in and tried to fire up on my IPV mod and it read low resistance. Checked it out and the IPV couldn't handle the .1 ohm coil. The original coil was a .4. I bought extras and checked, they were all .1 ohm. How I wish I hadn't lost my Alien.

Fortunately the Sigelei could so I'm back to a fat mod waiting for a new Alien or some .4 ohm coils to come in, hopefully before Saturday when I climb on my bike and head for New Hampshire. As Roseanne Roseannadanna would report

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    It's been ages since I had seen that Roth.

Which IPV do you have? I was considering an IPV eclipse but am thinking that I might wait for the innokin proton to become available as a mod only rather than a kit. The way I understand nic salts is that they allow a person to use higher nicotine without the extra throat hit so in theory will make it easier for a person trying to quit smoking to make the transition.

rothenbj

Vaping Master
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 23, 2009
    Green Lane, Pa
    It's an IPV 6X. Unless there was something in the settings to change, the only thing I could find were comments about .15 ohm. I didn't look for whether there was a software update. I've never saw the need plus I was more interested in trying the Raz Cup I got from the newly re-emerged Nicoticket.

Reactions: hittman

Users who are viewing this thread