hittman

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    I got some bad Chinese food Saturday and ended up with food poisoning. I was completely miserable Saturday night and all day and night Sunday. I'm back to work but my stomach is still flip flopping and I have eaten very little solid food the past couple days.

• Optimistic
    Reactions: stols001

Burnie

The Bug Man
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 1, 2009
    Sunny Florida
    I got some bad Chinese food Saturday and ended up with food poisoning. I was completely miserable Saturday night and all day and night Sunday. I'm back to work but my stomach is still flip flopping and I have eaten very little solid food the past couple days.
    Hope you get to feeling better real soon, food poisoning is no fun. :nun:

The Rebel

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 15, 2010
    Grand Rapids, Michigan
    My last trip overseas I bought back a little stomach bug. Great weight loss alternative but I finally went to the doctor and got some meds to knock it out of my system. I was about ready to take a sleeping bag into the bathroom and just camp out. Wasn't pretty or fun. I feel your pain Hitt.

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    I ate my first real dinner since Saturday last night. You're right about the weight loss. I'm down 5-7 pounds right now. It did however make me forget all about the sinus cold I had prior to that. It's still lingering a little but I'm finally feeling a bit better today. My stomach was still churning yesterday.

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    I'm a little surprised at how much snus and vape I've consumed the past four days or so. I haven't had an es thunder since last Friday and have been using probably a third of the amount of snus a day. I wonder if I was just over medicating myself before.

The Rebel

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 15, 2010
    Grand Rapids, Michigan
    I moved completely away from ES portions. Haven't had one since summer and since General is available locally, that's all I've been using these past couple of months. I survive on General original and mint now. I have a few ES cans in the freezer but the last time I tried one I got the niccups so bad I had to throw the portion away. My tolerance level must have gone down which is fine with me. Saves me from having to make online purchases unless there is a great sale.

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    I normally would have a thunder raspberry portion in the morning when I got to work and then again after lunch. This morning is my first one in almost a week. I have been wanting to try the X brand red to see how similar it is to the thunder. It's only 12mg. I was thinking about ordering five cans from northerner. It would be a little over 40 with shipping. I guess if I'm going to order then I should get a roll at least to get the cost down a little. It still wouldn't be a good price but at least wouldn't hurt as bad. My only concern is if I don't like it and am stuck with a roll.

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    I know. I didn't see it until after my last order. I won't need any mint or thunder for some time so was considering ordering from northerner. I probably won't.

I got home last night and my wife was making dinner and said that the food in the oven wasn't cooking. It was hot inside but not at 400 like it should have been. Ends up the coil has gone bad again. This will be the fourth coil I've put in our oven in 19 years. One or two of the burners don't seem like they heat as well as they should either. We went to a couple stores last night and found a nice samsung double oven range that we really like but no one has it in stock and we'd be looking at a week to get it. So I have the wife going to pick up a new coil for ours today that I'll install tonight and hopefully that will get us through the holidays. Lowes has the samsung on sale and I get 10% military discount so we are considering going ahead and ordering the new one. It would be nice but it's not cheap. If she says yes then we'll get it.

The Rebel

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 15, 2010
    Grand Rapids, Michigan
    Seems that there is always something taking a dump that needs to be replaced. For me it's usually something on one of the vehicles. But I've had to replace the washer and dryer which were only around 10 years old. I was surprised they only lasted that long. I remember the set my mom had and I'm pretty sure they lasted her about 20 years. I bought a matching set of Samsung washer and dryer from Lowes a couple of years ago and they've been great. I can wash some pretty impressive size loads of laundry which saves quite a bit of time when you have two boys that play every sport imaginable. We're never home, either at practices or games so laundry can stack up pretty quickly. The washer has a delay setting so I can set to start whenever I want. That way it's finishing up when I get home and I can just toss in the dryer or else it'd have to sit and that makes for smelly clothes.

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    My wife and I call it the holiday curse. It seems like every year that something quits working around thanksgiving, Christmas, or new years. Last year I think it was the kitchen faucet, the year before I spent new years day replacing the water heater that suddenly started leaking, I don't remember before that.

rothenbj

Vaping Master
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 23, 2009
    Green Lane, Pa
    I'm happy I found the guy near me that reconditions them. For a couple hundred dollars, I can get one to meet my needs which aren't great. I've had the washer now for well over five years and the drier over two. He gets good functional machines and cleans them up good. I hate shopping for that kind of stuff.

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    He got mad because I didn’t go out and help him unload a machine from his truck. I do help him most times when he asks but I was busy getting things lined out for being gone next week. He put the machine in front of my shop doors that lead out to the warehouse so I could barely open the doors. He admitted doing it out of spite since I didn’t help him. It’s not my job to help him and have done it in the past just to be nice. I told him that what he did was damn stupid and that it was ridiculous that he do something like that when I usually always help him. I will not be doing anything for him in the future and will tell him that. He is very low on the totem pole and had I been hurt I most likely could have gotten him fired.

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Thanks for listening to my rant. Little crap like that bothers me at work and then tends to eat at me that night. I’m over it now and am very much looking forward to spending the holidays with my wife and kids.

Users who are viewing this thread