The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

What's under your lip/in your nose right now? - Part 2

Discussion in 'Smokeless tobacco' started by ECFadmin, May 3, 2012.

Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. hittman

hittman ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    I have to say that covering that box sure seems like a beginner mistake. Either that or someone was hung over.

2. Waho

Waho Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jul 22, 2010
    Michigan
    Congrats Roth! Hell of an anniversary

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

3. The Rebel

The Rebel Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jul 15, 2010
    Grand Rapids, Michigan
    Congrats Roth, that's a great milestone. March marks 7 years for me which I thought I never see. Thank you to the Sweds for creating snus, definitely a game changer for me.

4. The Rebel

Jul 15, 2010
    Grand Rapids, Michigan
    Hey Waho, did you decide what you're doing for the floor covering? I noticed in your picture that the island was placed before the floor was covered. I'm not a builder but I know our kitchen floor went in before the lowers and island. Just curious...

• Like Like x 1
  5. Waho

Jul 22, 2010
    Michigan
    It's a waterproof vinyl laminate going in. I'm told its pretty much the last thing going in after everything else is done.

I'm a pretty laid back/go with the flow type guy, so the construction doesn't bother me too bad. My wife on the other hand is at the point where she's done with it. Critiquing everyone who comes in like "I could have done that in 2 hours... What's the hold up?" At the same time, we've had all the baseboards/door casings/quarter round to clear coat over the weekend. I started to do it and she tells me she's got it, and managed to get 6 out of ~30 lengths of it done in two days. Normally I have to step in and rush to get stuff she's "working on" done at the 11th hour, so I'll probably be up until the wee hours after work today getting that done to turn around and get up at 7 to let the guys in.

• Like Like x 1
  6. rothenbj

rothenbj Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Jul 23, 2009
    Green Lane, Pa
    Yeah Reb, I'm pretty sure I wouldn't have gotten off cigs without the snus. The ecigs got me down from 2.5 PADs to six cigarettes but even with the early stage mods that were coming out at that time, I started slipping on those six, some days having 7 or 8. It might have been another failed attempt after I vowed I was never going to try again. I had mastered quitting after 20 some attempts.

I had wondered about the flooring when I saw the pictures but thought about it a bit. The laminate is a floating floor instead of an installed floor so I guess it makes sense to install around the cabinets. I'm assuming the stove, dishwasher and refrigerator will have laminate under them though.

• Like Like x 1
  7. The Rebel

Jul 15, 2010
    Grand Rapids, Michigan
    Makes sense, we have hardwood in the kitchen which was probably easier to install before all the cabinets and such. With a laminate you can go around stuff pretty easily and save some money by not using as much. It's going to look great when it's done Waho. ;)

• Like Like x 1
  8. hittman

Supporting member
    I'm not real crazy about how they did it but our master bathroom has carpet except around the shower and stool. They did a semi circle of this metal trim between the two. I wanted to take out the carpet and laminate and do tile. I've done tile before and think I could do a good job but my wife doesn't want the carpet removed. There's also a jet tub with carpet on the step and face which seems rather stupid to me. We used it a little bit at first but haven't turned on the jet tub in years.

9. Waho

Jul 22, 2010
    Michigan
    Nothing baffles me more than carpet in bathrooms/kitchens. One of the houses we looked at had carpet from the front entrance through the kitchen/dining and back to the garage entrance off the side. Clear dirt trails from the garage to the stairs, a ring of cruddy mess in a circle around where the dining table must have sat, and a half circle around the range.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Vapenstein

Vapenstein Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Oct 4, 2010
    Skruf Fresh White Slim

• Like Like x 2
  11. Waho

Jul 22, 2010
    Michigan
    Coming along. I'm having some imposter syndrome, like this setup is too fancy for my foul mouthed degenerate self.

20200219_114720.jpg

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  12. hittman

Supporting member
    Don't be silly. You and your wife worked hard to pay for the renovation. Enjoy it. I like how you had the cabinets built around the opening for the refrigerator.

13. rothenbj

rothenbj Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Jul 23, 2009
    Green Lane, Pa
    Looking really nice, enjoy it. Looks like it's moving along very nicely.

14. The Rebel

Jul 15, 2010
    Grand Rapids, Michigan
    Looking good Waho but that guy's lunchbox/cooler has sure seen better days. ;)

• Like Like x 1
  15. Waho

Jul 22, 2010
    Michigan
    When asked about the lunchbox, he said he started in building/framing new houses and it's a callback to putting all the random stickers on hard hats. It's covered in DeWalt/Milwaukee/Makita and stickers from fruit and whatnot.

Countertops were templated yesterday and flooring starts today. We've got one more wall to paint thats blocked by the installers tools and a few random spots to finish that up. Once flooring gets in it'll definitely feel more like a house than a construction zone. Even more so when they hang all the light fixtures I paid way too much for and we have light on this side of the house again

• Like Like x 1
  16. hittman

Supporting member
    I know it doesn't probably seem like it to you but on this side of the fence it sure seems like they are getting it done quick.

17. Waho

Jul 22, 2010
    Michigan
    It's definitely going fast, demo started Jan 20 so it's been exactly a month pretty much.

My wife is done with the process, but a few months from now it'll all be rose colored glasses.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Waho

Jul 22, 2010
    Michigan
    Knocked all the flooring out in a day. It definitely feels less construction zone now for sure.

20200221_084422.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  19. hittman

Supporting member
    That floor looks great! I'm jealous of the island. I've always wanted one but there's no room in our kitchen.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Waho

Jul 22, 2010
    Michigan
    Neither of the houses we grew up in had room for one, and technically this house didn't either to add another reason to move the kitchen across the house. Figured we'd spoil ourselves while we had the opportunity.

It's a monster island, the top is roughly 7' x 3'. It'll hold the old wall oven, a sheet pan cabinet, and a microwave/drawer cabinet.

• Like Like x 1