hittman

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    Well Amazon vines is going to require a measure of self control or I'm going to be getting a 1099 from Amazon. On day 1 I ordered $110 worth of "stuff" to review and I only went thru 4 pages of over 750 pages of items. Staying below that $600 figure could be tough.

I got a motion sensor shop light for my garage to replace the one over my workbench and move that LED shop light to replace the florescent I have on the ceiling.That should save a few buck in electricity because, invariably, the light in the garage gets let on. There's only one switch at the inside door and I forget to turn it off too often. My gf also was looking for a lamp when she's in bed and I got a bendable LED floor lamp that might do the trick.

So do you just post a short review online afterwards?

I bought a Pit Boss pellet smoker yesterday. I got a small bonus for a work anniversary and have been wanting one. It usually sells for 600 at Lowes but Academy had it on sale for $499. By the time I got home and got it together it was too late to do the burn in. Then it’s been raining on and off today. No big hurry. The youngest is moving home early and we have to get the stuff out of her room that we put in to have our bedroom carpet stretched. I’m less than excited about her dog being here for a week and a half. I like him but he’s too high energy for me.

We got the bathroom trim painted and I nailed everything back in place yesterday. Slowly but surely we’re getting it done.

Reactions: Burnie

rothenbj

Vaping Master
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 23, 2009
    Green Lane, Pa
    Yeah, it doesn't have to be in depth, pretty much based on how it works out for you. I'll switch the garage lights around and, I think, I have a place for the one I'm taking off from the ceiling. It needs new bulbs and I think I have some new ones down in the basement. I also have some LEDs that, if I can get to the guts on the one from the ceiling, I can convert it to LED and put those bulbs in it.

That smoker sounds great. I wish my gf liked smoked but she doesn't so I don't bother anymore. I used to smoke my Thanksgiving Turkey in my Green Egg but that stopped long ago.

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Yeah, it doesn't have to be in depth, pretty much based on how it works out for you. I'll switch the garage lights around and, I think, I have a place for the one I'm taking off from the ceiling. It needs new bulbs and I think I have some new ones down in the basement. I also have some LEDs that, if I can get to the guts on the one from the ceiling, I can convert it to LED and put those bulbs in it.

That smoker sounds great. I wish my gf liked smoked but she doesn't so I don't bother anymore. I used to smoke my Thanksgiving Turkey in my Green Egg but that stopped long ago.

It has built in WiFi and Bluetooth with plug ins for two meat probes. I have to download an app and then I can monitor it remotely.

rothenbj

Vaping Master
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 23, 2009
    Green Lane, Pa
    Wow, just got an email from Buysnus so checked them out. Mint was on sale with two extra cans and a 50% discount on two of the rolls based on points I had accumulated. It still seemed expensive so I looked at my old orders.

I hadn't bought from them for six years but the price had increased over 100% in that amount of time. Talk about sticker shock. I'm glad I don't need to buy right now.

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Wow, just got an email from Buysnus so checked them out. Mint was on sale with two extra cans and a 50% discount on two of the rolls based on points I had accumulated. It still seemed expensive so I looked at my old orders.

I hadn't bought from them for six years but the price had increased over 100% in that amount of time. Talk about sticker shock. I'm glad I don't need to buy right now.

I haven't bought from them in a long time either. It seems like their prices are always higher than snuscentral. My last couple orders went to them. I used to order from Northerner if I just needed a roll or two of Jakobsson but they seem like stuff is out of stock a lot.

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    I got the burn in done on the new grill tonight. I still need to season it though. It’s too late now to start that. I was surprised how easily it connected to the Bluetooth and WiFi. Now I can monitor grill and meat probe temperature from an app on my phone.

• Winner

rothenbj

Vaping Master
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 23, 2009
    Green Lane, Pa
    Hitt, it's funny you started talking about Pellet grills and I got into Amazon Vines at about the same time. Guess what showed up in vines? Yup, a pellet/gas grill, a #1,300
    Lifetime Gas Grill and Wood Pellet Smoker Combo grill. It would cost me about $230 in taxes if I elected to get one.

I have to decide if it's worth the time to put it together a try it out hoping my gf likes it. I'm sure I could get my money out of it by selling it next year if it doesn't work here but not sure if it's worth the hassle.

Reactions: hittman

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Hitt, it's funny you started talking about Pellet grills and I got into Amazon Vines at about the same time. Guess what showed up in vines? Yup, a pellet/gas grill, a #1,300
    Lifetime Gas Grill and Wood Pellet Smoker Combo grill. It would cost me about $230 in taxes if I elected to get one.

I have to decide if it's worth the time to put it together a try it out hoping my gf likes it. I'm sure I could get my money out of it by selling it next year if it doesn't work here but not sure if it's worth the hassle.

It amazes me that they will let you pick something that expensive to review. That's really a pretty good deal for $230 in taxes.

• Agree

rothenbj

Vaping Master
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 23, 2009
    Green Lane, Pa
    It would have even been better if they would deliver to my address! lol

She was willing to try it so I went for it, but they wouldn't deliver to my address. I've had that happen before on my snowblower delivery but I was able to make arrangements to meet the driver with my trailer and he unloaded from an 18 wheeler with a hand truck and put it in my trailer.

I talked to a friend and used their address but no good either. Their headquarters are in Utah so they may have limited the distance they'd ship. I was going to try a NJ address I had access to until I found where they were from and also the shipping weight- 285. That shocked me.

The weight of the snowblower was close to 200 pounds, I wouldn't have expected this to be heavier. They also had another grill for review but it wasn't a smoker so I figured I'd go for that one until I saw it was a natural gas grill. I'm going to keep looking as I've gotten a yes from her.

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    It would have even been better if they would deliver to my address! lol

She was willing to try it so I went for it, but they wouldn't deliver to my address. I've had that happen before on my snowblower delivery but I was able to make arrangements to meet the driver with my trailer and he unloaded from an 18 wheeler with a hand truck and put it in my trailer.

I talked to a friend and used their address but no good either. Their headquarters are in Utah so they may have limited the distance they'd ship. I was going to try a NJ address I had access to until I found where they were from and also the shipping weight- 285. That shocked me.

The weight of the snowblower was close to 200 pounds, I wouldn't have expected this to be heavier. They also had another grill for review but it wasn't a smoker so I figured I'd go for that one until I saw it was a natural gas grill. I'm going to keep looking as I've gotten a yes from her.

It is surprising how heavy they are. I think the one I bought is around 160 but I’m not sure.

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Really crazy, I am down to 76 cans (assorted, 3 months worth), and I'm thinking I need to put in an order, as I am running low on snus. :eek:

That’s funny. I probably never have much more than that on hand normally.

rothenbj

Vaping Master
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 23, 2009
    Green Lane, Pa
    Yeah, it is amazing. I know the Big Green Egg I bought sometime in the last century was heavy but close to 300 lbs for a grill amazed me. I know my old Weber was nowhere close to that. I'd guess once you get it out of the shipping container, you'd have loose parts that would make moving it a little more manageable.

Burnie

The Bug Man
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 1, 2009
    Sunny Florida
    That’s funny. I probably never have much more than that on hand normally.
    I make VERY large orders ( 12 to 15 rolls), keep's the shipping cost down to 50/60 cents a can. Small orders (3 or 4 rolls) it is too much shipping cost. I only order around once a year, and order a Lot (I know what I use regularly), and I have the freezer space to store it. If shipping was not so high, I would order less more often.

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    I make VERY large orders ( 12 to 15 rolls), keep's the shipping cost down to 50/60 cents a can. Small orders (3 or 4 rolls) it is too much shipping cost. I only order around once a year, and order a Lot (I know what I use regularly), and I have the freezer space to store it. If shipping was not so high, I would order less more often.

I just don’t have that much room in my mini freezer. I also have 11 liters of 100mg nic in there. We bought a new counter depth refrigerator and it’s smaller than our old one so there’s no extra room in it. Besides, I doubt my wife would let me store snus in it anyway.

rothenbj

Vaping Master
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 23, 2009
    Green Lane, Pa
    Darn Burnie, we'll know who to go to when Russia invades Sweden. Oops, I misread, lol, I thought rolls. I probably have close to that, if not considerably more, myself. I believe I still have an unopened box of at least 10 rolls of Mint.

Hitt, it's nice not having a wife and it's my refrigerator. She complains about it but, well, it's my refridge.

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Darn Burnie, we'll know who to go to when Russia invades Sweden. Oops, I misread, lol, I thought rolls. I probably have close to that, if not considerably more, myself. I believe I still have an unopened box of at least 10 rolls of Mint.

Hitt, it's nice not having a wife and it's my refrigerator. She complains about it but, well, it's my refridge.
    I’m tempted to plug in my daughters old dorm fridge for storage but think the wife would complain. The freezer part is pretty small anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread