What's under your lip/in your nose right now? - Part 2

rothenbj

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2009
Green Lane, Pa
Looks like today might well be rainbow bridge day for my Jackson. I've got a 3 PM appointment. He hasn't eaten for three days, thrown up twice in the house and once this morning and just sleeps. A little over three months away from his 14th birthday, I suppose it's probably time but that doesn't make it any easier.

hittman

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    Looks like today might well be rainbow bridge day for my Jackson. I've got a 3 PM appointment. He hasn't eaten for three days, thrown up twice in the house and once this morning and just sleeps. A little over three months away from his 14th birthday, I suppose it's probably time but that doesn't make it any easier.
    I'm sorry to hear that Roth. Losing a pet is never easy. Our dog is 10 now and I can't even imagine her not being around.

Burnie

The Bug Man
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 1, 2009
    Sunny Florida
    That was the hardest thing i have ever done, was put down a loved member of my family. My Sympathy. :cry:

rothenbj

Vaping Master
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 23, 2009
    Green Lane, Pa
    Yeah, my mind was correct although my heart wasn't ready. He got bad on Monday and put down yesterday with a large tumor on his abdomen. He put on over 7 lbs since earlier this year so I suppose that was what he had growing. I can't imagine it will be long before a new one will arrive, I feel lost without a big pal although, at my age, I'd like a somewhat smaller one. The two little ones, Maltchis, just don't cut it for me and spend most of their time with my gf.

Burnie

The Bug Man
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 1, 2009
    Sunny Florida
    Yeah, my mind was correct although my heart wasn't ready. He got bad on Monday and put down yesterday with a large tumor on his abdomen. He put on over 7 lbs since earlier this year so I suppose that was what he had growing. I can't imagine it will be long before a new one will arrive, I feel lost without a big pal although, at my age, I'd like a somewhat smaller one. The two little ones, Maltchis, just don't cut it for me and spend most of their time with my gf.
    So Sorry for your loss. :cry:

rothenbj

Vaping Master
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 23, 2009
    Green Lane, Pa
    Just ordered 124 cans of Mint from Snus Central for about $4.19 a can. Almost $520 was a bit to swallow but considering that had I not quit smoking and not died yet, I would have spent that in a month for cigarettes, maybe more. My last order was nearly a year and a half ago, I guess I'm fine wit it.

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Just ordered 124 cans of Mint from Snus Central for about $4.19 a can. Almost $520 was a bit to swallow but considering that had I not quit smoking and not died yet, I would have spent that in a month for cigarettes, maybe more. My last order was nearly a year and a half ago, I guess I'm fine wit it.
    That is a big order. I don't think I could do one for that much. With as much as I vape, I probably don't go through as much snus as you. I mostly use snus at work these days. I do use maybe one at home after work but not always. I definitely use more at work. I'm ok right now but will probably need to place an order in a month or two.

Reactions: Burnie

rothenbj

Vaping Master
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 23, 2009
    Green Lane, Pa
    That is a big order. I don't think I could do one for that much. With as much as I vape, I probably don't go through as much snus as you. I mostly use snus at work these days. I do use maybe one at home after work but not always. I definitely use more at work. I'm ok right now but will probably need to place an order in a month or two.
    Yeah and it wasn't even that I needed it but the price was the best I saw in awhile. Plus, I've got the blahs over losing my buddy and trying to find a new one. I decided to go the rescue route and that's a new world for me. It's much easier to just go out and buy a dog. Every one of the rescues has you fill out the same information, does the same background checking with vets and friends. You go to a pet store, pick out a dog, pay the money and it's yours.

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Yeah and it wasn't even that I needed it but the price was the best I saw in awhile. Plus, I've got the blahs over losing my buddy and trying to find a new one. I decided to go the rescue route and that's a new world for me. It's much easier to just go out and buy a dog. Every one of the rescues has you fill out the same information, does the same background checking with vets and friends. You go to a pet store, pick out a dog, pay the money and it's yours.
    Years ago when we were looking for a dog we went to a few shelters and almost everything they had were pit bull mixes and my wife is afraid of them. We ended up buying a puppy from an individual that was selling shiba inu puppies.

Reactions: Burnie

rothenbj

Vaping Master
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 23, 2009
    Green Lane, Pa
    Yeah, I have one fairly close but I haven't even tried there, but I might. What I like about the rescue sites is that they normally have some history on the dogs and, if put into a foster home, you get how the dog has responded to other dogs, cats and kids as well as other behaviors. Less unknowns is less hassle with acclimation.

There are a lot of Pits and pit mixes. They don't scare me but they can be pretty hyperactive and can be very strong. I don't want to fight a dog on a leash.
    Sometimes I wish the net wasn't so easy to search on. I was watching a Phillies game last night and a player on the Braves had a last name of friends my wife and I made during my Army days. I had been friends with them on FB but they must have gotten off it.

I started doing some searching looking for them in Tenn. where they last were with no luck. Then I searched for him since he was an IT guy with Stihl for years but, I'm sure he's retired by now with no luck.

Then I tried her name and found it immediately, as an obituary from over two years ago down in Alabama. It's tough being this old.

Burnie

The Bug Man
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 1, 2009
    Sunny Florida
    Not looking to be fun down here next week, got what they think is going to be a major hurricane heading right for us. (I am about where the blue dot is in the picture). Going to start covering windows and picking up everything that can fly starting tomorrow. Hoping for the best, but preparing for the worst. :cry:

1663955001881.png

• Optimistic
    Reactions: hittman

Burnie

The Bug Man
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 1, 2009
    Sunny Florida
    Well as it looks, the eye might miss, but the east/south side is the worst, which is what looks like we are going to get. Going to check the generators tomorrow, and start putting up the window protection, get all the small stuff out of the yard, etc. Been through it many times in the past, preparation is key. Just hope there are no tornadoes with it, that is what I worry about.

rothenbj

Vaping Master
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 23, 2009
    Green Lane, Pa
    Well as it looks, the eye might miss, but the east/south side is the worst, which is what looks like we are going to get. Going to check the generators tomorrow, and start putting up the window protection, get all the small stuff out of the yard, etc. Been through it many times in the past, preparation is key. Just hope there are no tornadoes with it, that is what I worry about.
    How did you make out Burnie, if/when you get electric back if you lost it? From where you marked on the map, you hopefully missed the worst of it.

I have friends that moved down there late last year and bought a house in Rotunda West on one of those peninsulas where it got pretty bad. They were scared by what they'd find after they returned after evacuating. The area flooded but apparently not into their houses although it's been since that first night that they've been able to post anything since, wherever they are currently has no juice.

We are just now starting to get the edges of the storm here with two days of rain expected. Our electric grid has been flaky lately with periodic outages, however I dread the thought that we get hit right now because I'm sure a lot of out linemen are down south dealing with that mess. That's the scenario where we are out for days at times.

My search for a dog has been discouraged or discouraging. I was approved by one of the rescues but after reading the contract that needed to be signed for adoption, I wouldn't really own the dog, just rent it. I couldn't even decide who would get the animal if I were no longer here to take care of it. I'd have to have it returned to them. Of course, that could be a good thing. It cost me over $500 to take care of Jackson at the end.

Reactions: hittman

Users who are viewing this thread