What's with people buying multiple tanks?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SleeZy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 3, 2014
Sweden
I've never heard / read about anyone that throw their tank away after they've used them for awhile.
The whole purpose with coils is that you can change them out when they've gone bad.
However people likes to try diffrent tanks, and if you find some you like realy much you'll buy a few more. Just to carry more / diffrent e juices. I started with 1 protank mini 2, but i quicky bought more. It's realy annoying to have just 1 tank when you want to switch flavour :p

p.opus

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2010
Coral Springs FL
*preface: I'm by far not hating on anybody, I know everyone has their own flow to their go and everyone does things differently...that's ok by me.*
I know alot of people have ALOT of mods and batteries to put their tanks on, but what's with this trend of buying "disposable" tanks to just throw away? :?:Maybe my momma taught me right, and how to pinch a penny, but it just sounds plain wasteful to me. By all means if your rolling in it, by a few protanks to put in the garbage, but I'm (not to toot my own horn) in the middle-wealthy tax-category and am MORE than comfortable with my finances (all hard earned by me too) but that doesn't mean I blow my nose with my bills lol.

I only am bringing this up to find out why people do it really, for convenience, for filling up tanks with different flavors ahead of time, or just because why not? I'm able to buy a big box full of aspire nautilus's (favorite glasso) with every paycheck but I certainly don't lol. I personally have 1 tank that I researched and chose to be my favorite per battery,mod I have open. And when that pre-made coil burns out I buy a replacement coil, and change it out preferably I'd rebuild the coil if possible and put my own wick in it. If the tank gets dirty, or crudded up in anyway I clean it out and re-use it until something actually breaks. Again I'm not hating on the people that buy a handful of tanks just to have as disposables, as they are fairly cheap at around 15.00 per, but the vape quality doesn't go down if you put a little elbow grease in and actually fix the problem.

-Maybe I'm wierd but I don't buy a new car if it needs an oil change :p
View attachment 315460

I use Kayfun's so I get you. However some tanks like some CE4's do not have removable heads, so all you can do once the heads die is replace the entire unit.

Some people get their setups at tobacco shops and simply buy the original tanks that come with the eGo kit they buy. When the heads burn, they buy another tank.

Not everyone finds their way here. If I had not found my way here, I would never had heard of Kanger tank, never have found out about variable wattage/voltage mods, never would have found out about Kayfuns.

Some people want the convenience of simply using something until it dies and then throw it away.

doctadrea

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 11, 2013
Maui
I have an RBA for tasting and for those times when I really NAIL a DIY flavor and really want to enjoy it. I also have rebuildable cartomizers - one goes in a 19mm tank for my VTR, 15mm goes in my mini DIY mod. I have a couple months worth of disposable cartomizers for backup, plus extra glass for each tank, aaaaand.... that's it. ;)

5150Marley

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 26, 2014
Shhhh its a secret. ;)
I have a bunch of tanks because:

a) I wanted to find out what the differences are and try all the different styles
b) I like to change flavors often
c) I've gotten lots of other people to at least try vaping, and need something to give them
d) My daughter steals heads from me all the time
e) I like to build up a backlog before I go on a cleaning and/or rebuilding spree
f) Buying vaping stuff helps curb the urge to smoke
g) FastTech
h) Fear of the Vapocalypse

There's probably a couple more reasons; let me ask my shrink.

Here is a pic of my buddy's tanks and mods... he has been vaping for almost two months. :ohmy:

He has quite a few tanks as you can see... and has a few more mods and assorted types of toppers soon to be ordered ($400+ from Fastech)

Attachments

• IMAG0709.jpg
    IMAG0709.jpg
    22.7 KB · Views: 59

treehead

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2014
Anchorage, AK, USA
I use Kayfun's so I get you. However some tanks like some CE4's do not have removable heads, so all you can do once the heads die is replace the entire unit.

Some people get their setups at tobacco shops and simply buy the original tanks that come with the eGo kit they buy. When the heads burn, they buy another tank.

Not everyone finds their way here. If I had not found my way here, I would never had heard of Kanger tank, never have found out about variable wattage/voltage mods, never would have found out about Kayfuns.

Some people want the convenience of simply using something until it dies and then throw it away.

Oooh gotcha

serenity21899

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 18, 2013
Antioch IL
I only threw out plastic clearos when they were well worn. New ones I no longer wished to use, I payed forward. I only use glass now. I like to change flavors throughout the day. I got 2 Protanks to get me through a bad run of carto failures. I just realized yesterday that I had 16 carto tanks. However, they are various sizes, and some are special ones I bought because of how they look. And I do have devices for all of this because I am into that kinda thing. I don't even use cartos anymore, but use a Sophia instead because it is rebuildable. Have 2 more on the way, and I am pretty much done with toppers.

Zealous

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2012
Texas
*preface: I'm by far not hating on anybody, I know everyone has their own flow to their go and everyone does things differently...that's ok by me.*
I know alot of people have ALOT of mods and batteries to put their tanks on, but what's with this trend of buying "disposable" tanks to just throw away? :?:Maybe my momma taught me right, and how to pinch a penny, but it just sounds plain wasteful to me. By all means if your rolling in it, by a few protanks to put in the garbage, but I'm (not to toot my own horn) in the middle-wealthy tax-category and am MORE than comfortable with my finances (all hard earned by me too) but that doesn't mean I blow my nose with my bills lol.

I only am bringing this up to find out why people do it really, for convenience, for filling up tanks with different flavors ahead of time, or just because why not? I'm able to buy a big box full of aspire nautilus's (favorite glasso) with every paycheck but I certainly don't lol. I personally have 1 tank that I researched and chose to be my favorite per battery,mod I have open. And when that pre-made coil burns out I buy a replacement coil, and change it out preferably I'd rebuild the coil if possible and put my own wick in it. If the tank gets dirty, or crudded up in anyway I clean it out and re-use it until something actually breaks. Again I'm not hating on the people that buy a handful of tanks just to have as disposables, as they are fairly cheap at around 15.00 per, but the vape quality doesn't go down if you put a little elbow grease in and actually fix the problem.

*Edit: I do understand having variety of flavors, believe me I have quite the library now, AND the convenience of having it pre-filled/ready to go, and even just to give your mod/battery a partner. Hell I have ten different tanks myself, some in duplicates for going to work/getting impatient with a flavor. I solely mean those that buy tanks to use like toilet paper, they use it til the atty blows/gets dirty, then trash it and throw it away, and I have seen ALOT of people bragging about this.
View attachment 315460

I'm pretty much exactly like you. I bought 1 Evod & a couple extra heads & used them for a loooooooong time. Then when I needed a couple new heads I bought a couple more & used 1 of those for a loooooooong time and then switched completely to rebuildables.

But I think that many who buy several tanks do it to switch out flavors. they like to have a variety of the on hand so they can change them out throughout the day. Others like to have extras for when one quits working. idk the rest of the reasons.

For me, the reason I don't buy more than 2 of any tank is because I hate wasting money. Now I don't consider using something until it wears out "wasting money". However when I first started using clearos I bought 7 (before you could get replacable heads) and I have 4 left. I never used them because they just weren't that good. I have a couple boxes of cartos because I didn't end up liking using them. I hate that.

edit: I should add that now I used RDAs with Reos & I have 2, 1 for each Reo.

Last edited:

Bramble

ECF Veteran
Jan 27, 2014
Utah
I'm dismayed that so many tanks ARE disposable. On the ce4's I've seen in the tobacco store, they are gluing them together - so they don't unscrew and you have to throw the whole thing away. Drives me batty.

I have 4 EVODs, a pro-tank 2 and a pt2 mini, and then two that are sorta no-name but all of them are bottom coil types with replaceable heads. At least one local shop carries the replacement heads for like $1.25. So unless I break one I don't see myself throwing it out, but I do plan to get some wire and learn to rebuild them. Why would I spend even a buck on something that should cost a few pennies to replace.

In two months of heavy duty vaping I haven't worn out a coil head yet though. I clean, dry-burn, and re-wick them on a regular basis. If I can keep my "footprint" on tanks down to a few inches of kanthal wire, that works for me.

Last edited:

Frenchfry1942

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 12, 2014
Never heard of tossing tanks, unless I sit on them. Vaping would stink then.

I am still new enough to be finding my preference for tanks. I have about four tanks running at the moment. One reason is that I keep the same coil in without having to clean it. Just lazy/cheap on that part. I see I have two tanks with my evening nic level (6mg) juices. There are four regular nic level tanks going at the moment.

It just seems that they collect.

Bigflyrodder

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 6, 2014
Boston, MA

*Edit: I do understand having variety of flavors, believe me I have quite the library now, AND the convenience of having it pre-filled/ready to go, and even just to give your mod/battery a partner. Hell I have ten different tanks myself, some in duplicates for going to work/getting impatient with a flavor. I solely mean those that buy tanks to use like toilet paper, they use it til the atty blows/gets dirty, then trash it and throw it away, and I have seen ALOT of people bragging about this.
View attachment 315460

You do realize that no one throws the actual tank away right? While the cartomizer does burn out and get tossed they often don't cost more than the coil heads many of the clearos us. I'm sure someone else pointed this out already, just didn't read through all the posts yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread