Who doesn't clean their atomizers?

Status
Not open for further replies.

HaploVoss

ECF Veteran
Aug 13, 2009
Rogersville, MO - USA
Wow.. I must have the freak of all atomizers or something... I read through the forums here and see all these posts about them lasting a few weeks, months perhaps at most.

I purchased my first njoy NCig (The pen style) almost 2 YEARS ago at a smoke shop on the side of the road near Somerville, Alabama in USA and I've yet to buy a new atomizer. (Although without the suggestions of Drew just a couple of days ago - I might have unwittingly just pitched everything. I cleaned it, cycled it, and now it's just like a new one!)

BTW, in that regard I would like to say that I've never had someone from a company call me the same day I ask a question about a new prodcut decision, never attempt to 'sell me' on anything in particular - then actually help me repair the unit I currently have - when I was about to throw it in the can thinking it had just run its life!

Take care all,
- Hap

P.S. - So *AM I* the only person who has had an atomizer run this long? Am I really looking at replacing the atomizers on my new super mini every few weeks / months???

surbitonPete

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 25, 2009
North Yorkshire UK
Wow.. I must have the freak of all atomizers or something... I read through the forums here and see all these posts about them lasting a few weeks, months perhaps at most.

I purchased my first NJoy NCig (The pen style) almost 2 YEARS ago at a smoke shop on the side of the road near Somerville, Alabama in USA and I've yet to buy a new atomizer. (Although without the suggestions of Drew just a couple of days ago - I might have unwittingly just pitched everything. I cleaned it, cycled it, and now it's just like a new one!)

BTW, in that regard I would like to say that I've never had someone from a company call me the same day I ask a question about a new prodcut decision, never attempt to 'sell me' on anything in particular - then actually help me repair the unit I currently have - when I was about to throw it in the can thinking it had just run its life!

Take care all,
- Hap

P.S. - So *AM I* the only person who has had an atomizer run this long? Am I really looking at replacing the atomizers on my new super mini every few weeks / months???

Wow you must be the only person on the forum who has had an atty last for almost 2 years........and surely you must also be the longest vaporour on the forum if you have been vaping for that long! How come you have only just joined the forum??

Closet Toker

ECF Veteran
Mar 7, 2009
Trempealeau, WI.
What? How often do you use it? once a week? lol
You must have gotten some of the "first" batches that were built to last "forever". Then the Chinese said "we can't make any money that way!". So they re-designed them... thinner wiring. lol.

Vaping for 2 years... wow. How is your health? Any liver, lung, pancreas or other internal organ problems?
Really, how do you feel physically?

Last edited:

HaploVoss

ECF Veteran
Aug 13, 2009
Rogersville, MO - USA
How come you have only just joined the forum??

Honestly, I've just never had any problems with my e cig until a few days ago, and up to that point I had just picked up my carts at that one shop and after moving, ordered them online from NJoy and beyond that really did not see or hear much about e cigs. Perhaps a few weeks ago I started hearing about other companies on late night talk shows and such.

Vaping for 2 years... wow. How is your health? Any liver, lung, pancreas or other internal organ problems? Really, how do you feel physically?

To be truthful about it - I feel great. It is SOOooo much cheaper than regular smoking was, I certainly like the vanilla carts so much better, and I no longer have my smokers hack in the mornings, nor do I cough every so often just to keep my lungs open. All that went away in the first month or two.

I am MUCH more physically active than I used to be, but that is also due to the fact that my dept. was axed about 6 months ago, so I'm not just sitting in my truck, driving to the next location 90% of the time also. lol - still though I can run around with my wife and not be wheezing on the side like it used to be. I even play my whistle a lot (Irish whistle - like a small end blown flute) more often these days because I'm not winded after 10 min.

As far as my smoking habbits, I go through a 5 pack of Light or No-Nic Vanilla carts about every week. During rough times, on a whim I decided to take a closer look at the cartriges and found that I could pull the stuffing out, turn it around, push it back in, and get another 10-20 puffs or so out of em.

[ For those wondering I started out with the High Nic carts for the first 6 months ;) ]

All I can say is that I am deeply in debt to whoever came up with these things. After reading about in here for a several days now I know there are many who do not particularly care for NJoy, but this little pen (I call it my 'Armored Swisher' cuz of the mouthpiece and burgendy color :) ) has changed everything for me.

I like to smoke and I don't really want to quit smoking - well 'vaping' I suppose. At this point I don't plan on quitting 'vaping' either. So if things keep going as well as they have so far - I don't see why I can't enjoy myself like always after meals and working in front of the PC.

Take care,
- Hap

d0kieSmok

ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2009
Lake Katrine NY
ive had the same 901 atty going strong for over 2 months with heavy vaping, never cleaned or drained. tho i sometimes blow it out when changing flavors. Still puts out monster vapor.

Ive used the same 510 atty for 3 weeks now, no cleaning @ all, no draining. But i will sometimes dry-burn it for a min or 2 or until it stops smoking. Still puts out monster vapor.

I did try A cleaning method of cola on one of my 901 atty's and thats the only atty that has died. It died about a week after cola cleaning it. RIP <3

andybside

ECF Veteran
Aug 10, 2009
Wish that was the case with me MoonMan.
Tried everything to get them to work at full force like they do for about a day :( I use an ultra sound cleaning method for my contact lenses and was wondering if that might help.. Anyone tried this method?
All my Ats taste like burning metal after cleaning and give very poor vapor.
:evil: Im starting to remember how easy it was just to flick a lighter and inhale.
I use a Janty kissbox and a Janty Dura-c and Johnson Creek Smoke Juice. (or not as is often the case)
I know this is old but I have heard the the JC juice has messed up a lot of attys. I guess they have a lot of oil left in their juice. I also hear that they have tried a better centrifuge system but it still has a little oil in it. I would try a different type of juice.

miketr

ECF Veteran
Aug 10, 2009
Southern Illinois (rural area)
I have a 510 and 901 but only use the 510 when I go through my 901 batteries because the 510 seems to have such weak flavor in comparison.
I wonder if the fact that I put grain alcohol in everything I vape keeps it from gunking up like so many people seem to complain about? I vape a pretty decent amount every day, but I can't see any effect on the atty. If I did, I would probably try cleaning it with alcohol. I also blow out the atty almost every day with compressed air, and a lot of eJuice comes out every time. If people are leaving that in there, and on their wick all the time, it seems to me like that would be a great way to gunk up your atty. I don't understand the idea of keeping it wet with eLiquid all the time. That doesn't seem like a good idea to me either... what is the reasoning there?

901 here too. Three weeks now with no cleaning. I periodically blow through it but I don't know if this does anything. I've never seen anything come outta the other side. I recieved an atty that didn't work and Mike over at Ruyanman.com just sent me two atty's to replace the one I recieved that didn't work. I needed only one and he sent two.... Very cool.

My 084 (Ordered from Trueman.) also came with a bad atty. I ordered backups on both orders thank goodness. Trueman doesn't want to send me replacements without me first paying to send the faulty item back to China.... Not cool.

Extremeodd

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 9, 2009
I have 6-7 atomizers that I purchased back in march, the closest thing to a cleaning has been a hot water rinse. Despite the multimeter showing one with no resistance (broken) and 2 as 12-35 ohms resistance all of them heat up when hooked up to 3x AAs, glowing red brightly. Ive been using them in a ghetto rigged juice box (hotglued wires into the atmoizer) with 0 issues.

jennyhadadot

ECF Veteran
Jul 5, 2009
I have a prodigy and a prodigy PT (both with 510 adaptors). My prodigy is almost 6 months old and I'm using the same atty. I have NEVER cleaned it, or blown it out. I put a new one on last week just to see the difference and I liked the old one better. My PT is about 4 months old and the same thing, original atty. I don't use filled carts and only drip, I wonder if that has something to do with it...it NEVER dries out, I re-drip as soon as I can tell the juice is low. Who knows, but I've saved a fortune on attys!

jennyhadadot

ECF Veteran
Jul 5, 2009
WOW, that's amazing! I thought I was going good with 6 months....way to go!

I purchased my first NJoy NCig (The pen style) almost 2 YEARS ago at a smoke shop on the side of the road near Somerville, Alabama in USA and I've yet to buy a new atomizer. (Although without the suggestions of Drew just a couple of days ago - I might have unwittingly just pitched everything. I cleaned it, cycled it, and now it's just like a new one!)

Take care all,
- Hap

Iken

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 23, 2009
PA,USA
I have a 901 atty that has never been cleaned. Still works great... had it since January 17, 2009!

Thats exactly what I was coming on here to post.
I was a big advocate in cleaning atomizers thoroughly, even came up with the everclear bath method. That is, until experience solidified. They key to atoms living a long healthy life is to take care of not always constantly dripping into it, use the cartridges, and ONLY absolutely Only attempt a cleaning as a complete last resort. Cartomizer's are a different story.

I think it depends on how to use the e-cigs.

We've used them for 2 months. My wifes atomizer has been cleaned once, because I asked her about it. Mine gets cleaned every other day, and blasted through every day during the day. I'am a heavy "smoker".

Three Atomizer has stopped to function, but these were reversed by the supplier.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread