The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Who doesn't clean their atomizers?

Discussion in 'Experiments With Equipment' started by playerags, May 26, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. slowdrag

slowdrag Full Member ECF Veteran

Sep 22, 2009
    East Texas
    I dont clean the inside of the atty anymore. I use the 510 and will clean the threads on the atty and battery end prolly 8 times a day. I see people ignore those critical points and they wonder why the hard draw.:)

2. little_italy

little_italy Full Member

That's good to know since my m402 is on its way!!! Went ahead and ordered a couple of spares just in case because I wasn't sure what to expect. :confused:

3. warped911

warped911 Senior Member ECF Veteran

Jan 19, 2010
    maine
    I "clean" mine by vaping menthol in it ;-)

4. Dane

Dane Senior Member ECF Veteran

Warped911, are you sure it isn't just for cleaning your mouth;-)

5. warped911

warped911 Senior Member ECF Veteran

Jan 19, 2010
    maine
    'hmm maybey but things taste fresher after ;-)

6. fatalis

fatalis Senior Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Sep 18, 2009
    Los Angeles, CA
    I don't clean my attys and I've been using the same ones since last October, so that's about 4 months that I've been using these!

7. fatalis

Supporting member
    Sep 18, 2009
    Los Angeles, CA
    I definitely think you've set a world record! *LOL*

8. fatalis

Supporting member
    Sep 18, 2009
    Los Angeles, CA
    And in case you're wondering, the attys I use are the 510 Titans from Electronic Cigarette / Electronic Cigarette Company / buy electronic cigarettes and accessories online. All four of mine are still going strong. Although they closed their US branch last month so now I have to order from their UK site. Even though shipping is around $17, it's well worth it to me!

9. fatalis

Supporting member
    Sep 18, 2009
    Los Angeles, CA
    What do you mean "rest" it? How do you do that?

10. nightowl

nightowl Senior Member ECF Veteran

Jan 13, 2010
    Quincy, IL
    I'm on almost a month of me using mine heavy as well as my son stealing it often. Never cleaned, never drained, use Johnson Creek a lot, dark juices, pg without cutting it, and been dripping last 2 weeks. This is my first one so it went through all my stupid human tricks as I was learning. It's also a smoke51 trio from the free trial thing. So basically I've done everything wrong and it still vapes away. I think it's just luck of the draw.

11. Iwannaquit4good

Iwannaquit4good Super Member ECF Veteran

Jan 5, 2010
    USA Sin City
    I blow my 510 out every few days and do the Hot water 20 min soak and overnight dry that I saw on MS.T's youtube video every week. Going on 30 days with same automizit hehe I also Q tip the inside of my battery opening daily. I am a bit of a clean freak what can I say.

12. Blatz

Blatz Full Member ECF Veteran

Nov 11, 2009
    Gainesville Ga.
    At first I was all into cleaning the attys but now after 5 months of vaping I use them until they don't perform up to par and then throw them in a bag for in case one day I have an emergency. I also plan to get a HV mod soon and I have have heard they will bring weak attys back to life so we will see. I usually get about 1 month or so out of an atty sometimes more sometimes less and all I do is clean the threads and I might blow it out once a week if I think about it. Also on a interesting note Since I have been using a T-tip it seems I need to blow them out even less. I have one atty I have been using for a week of solid vaping. 4+mg a day and I looked inside of it today and it still looks brand new. I suppose that could have something to do with the juice as well. Tasty Vapor Atomic Fireball.

13. Blatz

Blatz Full Member ECF Veteran

Nov 11, 2009
    Gainesville Ga.
    And I suppose I should also note that when I say I clean the threads I mean 4-5 times a day I clean them. For me that seems to be far more effective than cleaning the atty for getting a consistent vape at 3.7 volts.

14. crmartin

crmartin Super Member ECF Veteran

Oct 1, 2009
    Western NY
    I never clean or drain my atties, I have blown them out occasionally when changing flavors. I haven't lost an atty yet and have been vaping since mid October. I use my eGo and 510's almost exclusively. I have 901'2, 801's and Kr808's as well as a 905, I very rarely use any of them. I consider myself a moderate vaper.

15. Vapalicious

Vapalicious Full Member

Sep 27, 2009
    I bought my 510 from Totally Wicked back in September '09 with the two starter kit atties and a box of 5 more atties.

1 attie was DoA.
    1 attie seemed to die after a couple months so I threw it out (although now I think I may have been able to save it.
    5 atties: STILL running. Yes, 5 of my atties have lasted 5 months. Granted, I rotate them randomly, grabbing whichever one is convenient, and actually I haven't used them as much in the past month since I bought some of the new Mega Atties and Cartridges... Still, 4 months on those old atties.

My cleaning process... I rarely clean them. Every once in a while I soak them in alcohol overnight, which seems to revive them (at first they are very weak but then come back).

16. sixofusernames

sixofusernames Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 25, 2010
    california
    i have had my 501 for nearly 3 months and it still going strong. a couple times a day, i blow out excess juice, quick dry burn so it doesnt gunk up, and drip and vape. it seems to vape better after this quick treatment, so i do it at least once a day. i have never immersed in water, coca cola alcohol or anything else, and probably wont unless my atty dies completely and i have nothing to lose anyway. i cant afford to buy attys every week, so thats all i do, and so far so good.

17. CaptJay

CaptJay Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Jan 3, 2010
    A Brit, abroad, (USA)
    Blow em out (have to a lot anyways I drip and flood lol), only wash em if they are being a pain.
    So far my cignot ones from my kits are still going strong (3 months). I thought one was dying, so I reluctantly washed it - ran it under hot hot running tap water then let it dry 48 hours. It works again, couldnt see it heating up before (it got hot but no red glow) and the draw seemed slow/hard to do, but now its working; it doesnt like the PT as much as it used to but its fine.
    I clean the threads with a Q tip as well, and the manual 'battery well' due to me geting juice in that also :D
    I bought some more spares recently just in case

18. Dmass

Dmass Super Member ECF Veteran

Jan 25, 2010
    Dallas
    Never clean, blow, soak, drain, suck, or rinse. 6 weeks and going on 2 401 atty's.

19. IR_Efrem

IR_Efrem Full Member

Feb 10, 2010
    I soak mine in Bacardi once a week for a couple hours. Joye 510...

Exact procedure is blow out the excess, drop it in a pill bottle with a lil alcohol. Pull it out a while later, blow through it again, let it dry for about an hour, and prime with my flavor of choice.

After doing this I get better vapor/taste/throat hit. I have three in rotation between 2 people (me and the fiance). One I really messed up (botched boiling) and I took out the wick/bridge and use it for dripping only, it works really well for dripping since I cleaned the coil off.

Anyway that's all I do (besides cleaning the threads a couple times a day).

20. waywardsister

waywardsister Senior Member ECF Veteran

Mar 26, 2009
    Toronto, ON
    I'm wondering if removing the wick (and maybe bridge as well) will help mine last longer. I took a few dead 901's apart, and there was burnt up wick all over the coil. One of the coils looked like a lump of coal. Experimenting with a wick/bridgeless one now to see if it goes longer, or if the coil really does gunk up with juice (and of not, then the wick may be the problem?)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.