Who doesn't clean their atomizers?

Status
Not open for further replies.
One atomizer (have 6 spares) with M402/401 using for one month without any cleaning and not even blowing the air thru it.
And it's going and going and going... knock on wood just in case

That's good to know since my m402 is on its way!!! Went ahead and ordered a couple of spares just in case because I wasn't sure what to expect. :confused:

fatalis

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 18, 2009
Los Angeles, CA
www.myspace.com
I have read several posts on here about people who clean their atomizers and they only average 2 weeks before they die.
I have never cleaned my atomizer and it's been going about six weeks. Still works well.
I would like to know if their are other people out there who don't maintain their attys and how long they last .

I don't clean my attys and I've been using the same ones since last October, so that's about 4 months that I've been using these!

fatalis

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 18, 2009
Los Angeles, CA
www.myspace.com
Wow.. I must have the freak of all atomizers or something... I read through the forums here and see all these posts about them lasting a few weeks, months perhaps at most.

I purchased my first NJoy NCig (The pen style) almost 2 YEARS ago at a smoke shop on the side of the road near Somerville, Alabama in USA and I've yet to buy a new atomizer. (Although without the suggestions of Drew just a couple of days ago - I might have unwittingly just pitched everything. I cleaned it, cycled it, and now it's just like a new one!)

BTW, in that regard I would like to say that I've never had someone from a company call me the same day I ask a question about a new prodcut decision, never attempt to 'sell me' on anything in particular - then actually help me repair the unit I currently have - when I was about to throw it in the can thinking it had just run its life!

Take care all,
- Hap

P.S. - So *AM I* the only person who has had an atomizer run this long? Am I really looking at replacing the atomizers on my new super mini every few weeks / months???

I definitely think you've set a world record! *LOL*

fatalis

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 18, 2009
Los Angeles, CA
www.myspace.com
I don't clean my attys and I've been using the same ones since last October, so that's about 4 months that I've been using these!

And in case you're wondering, the attys I use are the 510 Titans from Electronic Cigarette / Electronic Cigarette Company / buy electronic cigarettes and accessories online. All four of mine are still going strong. Although they closed their US branch last month so now I have to order from their UK site. Even though shipping is around $17, it's well worth it to me!

fatalis

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 18, 2009
Los Angeles, CA
www.myspace.com
To all of you saying you don't clean, do you mean that you don't even 'rest' it and let it drain out? or do you mean that you just don't boil/steam/pepsi bath/acid bath/denture clean/ultrasonic clean, etc?

What do you mean "rest" it? How do you do that?

nightowl

ECF Veteran
Jan 13, 2010
Quincy, IL
I'm on almost a month of me using mine heavy as well as my son stealing it often. Never cleaned, never drained, use Johnson Creek a lot, dark juices, pg without cutting it, and been dripping last 2 weeks. This is my first one so it went through all my stupid human tricks as I was learning. It's also a smoke51 trio from the free trial thing. So basically I've done everything wrong and it still vapes away. I think it's just luck of the draw.

Blatz

ECF Veteran
Nov 11, 2009
Gainesville Ga.
At first I was all into cleaning the attys but now after 5 months of vaping I use them until they don't perform up to par and then throw them in a bag for in case one day I have an emergency. I also plan to get a HV mod soon and I have have heard they will bring weak attys back to life so we will see. I usually get about 1 month or so out of an atty sometimes more sometimes less and all I do is clean the threads and I might blow it out once a week if I think about it. Also on a interesting note Since I have been using a T-tip it seems I need to blow them out even less. I have one atty I have been using for a week of solid vaping. 4+mg a day and I looked inside of it today and it still looks brand new. I suppose that could have something to do with the juice as well. Tasty Vapor Atomic Fireball.

Vapalicious

Sep 27, 2009
I bought my 510 from Totally Wicked back in September '09 with the two starter kit atties and a box of 5 more atties.

1 attie was DoA.
1 attie seemed to die after a couple months so I threw it out (although now I think I may have been able to save it.
5 atties: STILL running. Yes, 5 of my atties have lasted 5 months. Granted, I rotate them randomly, grabbing whichever one is convenient, and actually I haven't used them as much in the past month since I bought some of the new Mega Atties and Cartridges... Still, 4 months on those old atties.

My cleaning process... I rarely clean them. Every once in a while I soak them in alcohol overnight, which seems to revive them (at first they are very weak but then come back).

sixofusernames

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2010
california
i have had my 501 for nearly 3 months and it still going strong. a couple times a day, i blow out excess juice, quick dry burn so it doesnt gunk up, and drip and vape. it seems to vape better after this quick treatment, so i do it at least once a day. i have never immersed in water, coca cola alcohol or anything else, and probably wont unless my atty dies completely and i have nothing to lose anyway. i cant afford to buy attys every week, so thats all i do, and so far so good.

CaptJay

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2010
A Brit, abroad, (USA)
Blow em out (have to a lot anyways I drip and flood lol), only wash em if they are being a pain.
So far my cignot ones from my kits are still going strong (3 months). I thought one was dying, so I reluctantly washed it - ran it under hot hot running tap water then let it dry 48 hours. It works again, couldnt see it heating up before (it got hot but no red glow) and the draw seemed slow/hard to do, but now its working; it doesnt like the PT as much as it used to but its fine.
I clean the threads with a Q tip as well, and the manual 'battery well' due to me geting juice in that also :D
I bought some more spares recently just in case

IR_Efrem

Feb 10, 2010
I soak mine in Bacardi once a week for a couple hours. Joye 510...

Exact procedure is blow out the excess, drop it in a pill bottle with a lil alcohol. Pull it out a while later, blow through it again, let it dry for about an hour, and prime with my flavor of choice.

After doing this I get better vapor/taste/throat hit. I have three in rotation between 2 people (me and the fiance). One I really messed up (botched boiling) and I took out the wick/bridge and use it for dripping only, it works really well for dripping since I cleaned the coil off.

Anyway that's all I do (besides cleaning the threads a couple times a day).

waywardsister

ECF Veteran
Mar 26, 2009
Toronto, ON
I'm wondering if removing the wick (and maybe bridge as well) will help mine last longer. I took a few dead 901's apart, and there was burnt up wick all over the coil. One of the coils looked like a lump of coal. Experimenting with a wick/bridgeless one now to see if it goes longer, or if the coil really does gunk up with juice (and of not, then the wick may be the problem?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread