Who still uses cartomizers?

Status
Not open for further replies.

puchox

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 2, 2013
Montevideo, Uruguay
I started with cheap pyrex DCT cartotanks from FT to see what all the fuss was :p and i fell in love with cartos, i don't go back to my iclears anymore. Ordered 2 ibtanked last week and i'll probably get 1 SnP down the road for my ADV.

The only thing i prefer while at my desk is the ithaka and hopefully the russian i should receive tomorrow.

spaceballsrules

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 6, 2011
North Carolina, USA
I must be the only person who uses cartos, but does NOT use them in a tank. I love my Kanger XL cartos. They hold over 2ml of juice, and after trying plenty of different clearos, nothing tastes as good as a carto. The only thing that comes close is the Kanger EVOD, but I blow through juice with those, at least double the amonut I do with cartos.

GbDSE7D.jpg

jcalis1394

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 29, 2013
Miami, FL
Even though I almost exclusively use a bottom feeder with an RDA on it for that dripping flavor nirvana, I'd like to see a near future where instead of the eGo+clearo combo we see that with a carto tank instead more often. Carto tanks IMHO do not mute the flavor nearly as much as clearomizers. I remember I even liked using regular cartomizers on my REO and it was pretty damn good actually. Personally, I prefer them over clearos any day.

BigGeigs

Sep 9, 2013
Tempe, AZ
I placed an order with IBTanked this morning, also ordered 10 low resistance cartos from ikenvape. I've got a few LR boges left, but i hear great things about ikenvapes cartos, so I figured I'd give them a shot.

I have to say though, I built a dual coil on my trident this morning and slapped it on my EA mech and it has been performing amazingly well. But I still took my svd with a LR boge with me to work today. Nothing beats the connivence of a carto imo. Can't wait for my new tank to show up!

jnnfrlsw

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 28, 2009
East Central Ind
I started vaping just over 4 1/2 years ago and at that time my only option was to drip with an atomizer. About 6 months in, they came out with the 510 cartomizers. Since then I haven't found anything that comes close with regard to flavor since then. Trust me I have tried all the various clearo types and have also built my own coil/wick setups and nothing beats a carto/tank setup for me. Now my only problem is, I need a new pyrex tank, SS caps and a side fill screw. ValleyVapes was the only place I have found that makes them and I just heard they closed.....

lisancentraltx

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 28, 2009
Ringling Brothers Circus
I started vaping just over 4 1/2 years ago and at that time my only option was to drip with an atomizer. About 6 months in, they came out with the 510 cartomizers. Since then I haven't found anything that comes close with regard to flavor since then. Trust me I have tried all the various clearo types and have also built my own coil/wick setups and nothing beats a carto/tank setup for me. Now my only problem is, I need a new pyrex tank, SS caps and a side fill screw. ValleyVapes was the only place I have found that makes them and I just heard they closed.....

Ray is selling his stock to a new company, email him to find out who to contact. He said that he'd post an update on his site, but still nothing yat.

tnt56

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 30, 2012
Tripple digits half way to home
Even though I almost exclusively use a bottom feeder with an RDA on it for that dripping flavor nirvana, I'd like to see a near future where instead of the eGo+clearo combo we see that with a carto tank instead more often. Carto tanks IMHO do not mute the flavor nearly as much as clearomizers. I remember I even liked using regular cartomizers on my REO and it was pretty damn good actually. Personally, I prefer them over clearos any day.

If I'm not using a reomizer then I've got a super shorty CARTO on my Reo.
The super shorty makes a great backup in case I burn a coil or rip it out trying to rewick it.

toddrhodes

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 15, 2012
United States
I just got into my first cartotank. It's only been two days but it is the most consistently flavored vape i've had so far. And the "learning curve?" If a complete and utter newb to cartos can be vaping 5 minutes after filling, they aren't that bad...

For what it's worth, I'm using Smok Artemas tanks and Boge laser-slotted LR cartos (2 ohm, so low-res is a bit disingenuous). They rock, plain and simple.

My clearo experiences are CE2's, CE4's, Vivi Novas, and iClear 30's. I will not count the knockoff protank and EVODs I was duped into.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread