Why Fahrenheit?

Status
Not open for further replies.

yo han

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2008
the Dutch mountains
I really wonder why most TC devices are using Fahrenheit as a temperature scale.
vaping has finally converted a lot of people to use the (scientific) metric system when talking about dimensions and liquids and now we get TC and guess what? We're using a system that only a very few countries in the whole world are still using. I think the Chinese should have corrected the ignorance of Evolve and make dna clones that ONLY display temperature in Celcius.

tumblr_mz9d6lmESA1rasnq9o1_1280.png

crxess

Grumpy Ole Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2012
Williamsport Md
Yay! I see now that the Evolve does display both. Must be the clone makers who failed to implement this feature.
My bad!

Don't appreciate selective assumption. Living in a country where conversion has been a bit slow and at an age far beyond any school curriculum I am much more comfortable in using the old ways.

We still sell Lumber by the lineir FOOT and produce/meats by the pound.:D

Oh, and my SX mini M works both ways.

roxynoodle

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 19, 2014
Ohio
People here are unjustifiably afraid of the metric system. My neighbor actually told me, "This metric stuff is crap! 2 + 2 used to equal 4 and now it doesn't!". It was all I could do not to fall on the floor laughing as I explained math hasn't changed, the metric system is just another type of unit, just like distance can be measured in inches, feet or miles.

TBH, temps are the one thing I have some trouble immediately converting in my head unless its close to freezing (0°C) or close to boiling (100°C).

Reactions: Izan

tchavei

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 15, 2014
Portugal
Yep better resolution.
We have decimal points... [emoji14]

Personally I find it confusing but I can understand people not wanting to change and still hold on the Imperial system.

At least you don't drive on the wrong side of the road like in some other countries I know of. [emoji14]

Regards
Tony

Sent from my keyboard through my phone or something like that.

Reactions: Izan

yo han

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2008
the Dutch mountains
Personally I find it confusing but I can understand people not wanting to change and still hold on the Imperial system.
Sure, I understand. However, everything's mixed up on this (international) forum.
When discussing things it can get confusing if we're using the imperial system and the metric system at the same time.
So far, dimensions, weight and liquid are now discsussed in metric.
However, temperature, wire diameter and wire length are still referred to using imperial.

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2013
SE PA
Sure, I understand. However, everything's mixed up on this (international) forum.
When discussing things it can get confusing if we're using the imperial system and the metric system at the same time.
So far, dimensions, weight and liquid are now discsussed in metric.
However, temperature, wire diameter and wire length are still referred to using imperial.
Kinda like tires. Section width in mm, sidewall height as a percentage of that, and rim diameter in inches. :facepalm:

Reactions: yo han

Cotay

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 29, 2014
Central Coast California
I really wonder why most TC devices are using Fahrenheit as a temperature scale.
Vaping has finally converted a lot of people to use the (scientific) metric system when talking about dimensions and liquids and now we get TC and guess what? We're using a system that only a very few countries in the whole world are still using. I think the Chinese should have corrected the ignorance of Evolve and make DNA clones that ONLY display temperature in Celcius.

tumblr_mz9d6lmESA1rasnq9o1_1280.png

Like it or not, the US still has the largest share of the global consumer market. Whether or not the metric system is preferable (hey, I design all of my mods in mm), an electronics manufacturer would be foolish to ignore the requirements of the US market.

Reactions: dr3d

Treeburner1983

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Yay! I see now that the Evolve does display both. Must be the clone makers who failed to implement this feature.
My bad!

My Waidea VF V3 Clone has the ability to switch between Celsius and Fahrenheit, as do my IPV4's and my IPV3-Li. Have yet to see a mod that doesn't allow the user to choose the unit of measure for temperature.

-Treeburner

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread