Status
Not open for further replies.

ScottP

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2013
Houston, TX
I have a Lost Vape Paranormal coming. Also, Kangertech has worked for me as well as could be expected for the price. Same for Wismec. Not all the time, but enough for me not to complain on a forum about them. smok has just been awful for me and people I know. Seriously, a 100% fail rate on their mods among my family and friends (my brother also had a smok mod that failed I just found out) and a 50% fail rate on coils.

We can’t all be abusing our stuff. My ex husband may be, but my brother and I do not. We both got into building and mech mods and all that. We know what we are doing, what batteries to use, how to take care of our stuff, etc... I just don’t have the time and energy for building with the kids, and my brother just used the Smok for work as dripping there is a pain. If the paranormal and the multiple tanks I bought all fail, I may just dig out those mech mods and RTA’s again.

The DNA board in the Paranormal has a 1 year warranty from a US company that honors the warranty.

Tinkiegrrl

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 18, 2013
New York, NY
Anybody here who has read any of my previous posts knows me well enough to know that i cannot complain about my tpriv or my tfv12 king tank. The ONLY thing i can say is that sometimes a new coil tastes a bit off for a tankful or two. Sometimes i feel like the only person in the universe that has a smok setup that actually works like its supposed to. Whyyyy!!!!!! All kidding aside, it would seem that quality control over at smok just might be out to lunch while the factory is on auto pilot. Which is too bad really. Yes, i have a good one, and yes someone else has a bad one. I have another mod im running through its paces and its not a smok. But never fear, i have the tfv12 on top. Even like this, smok is still functioning excellently. I guess this is what makes smok so popular. And also, the fact that they are like santa claus, they're everywhere.

Good to hear you’ve had good luck. My brothers Smok failed as well, so now that’s 3 Smok mods down, and my brother knows more about vaping then I do. Like, it’s a real hobby to him. I can build and have a few mech mods myself, but that was just a passing interest to me. My brother is REALLY into it, so I can feel imagine it being user error in his case.

Reactions: stols001

Tinkiegrrl

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 18, 2013
New York, NY
The DNA board in the Paranormal has a 1 year warranty from a US company that honors the warranty.

Yep. I know chip error ultimately killed my Smok Alien. The black screen of death, followed by no power at all after a week or so. The Wismec’s 510 connection is a tad too deep for my preferred tank it seems, and the temp control is flaky on it. Figured I should just go for DNA at this point.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I specifically said KT was not for me, not that it was bad, period. *I* am hard on my mods, so I don't buy them. I probably could buy MORE KT products than the number of mods I own, period, so I focus on what *I* need, not anyone else.

I have a hard time believing my saying "I'm hard on mods, especially KT although I know plenty of satisfied users, would be a "bash." It wasn't.

Anna

Raider87

Jul 11, 2014
Mississippi, USA
Im not that big on Smok as a company, but i have had better luck with them than i have with Kanger and Wismec.

I have a Smok X-priv and it's a nice looking, solid mod, have had no issues with it.

I don't like their coils and how they come out with too many flashing lights type mods, but they're not all bad IMO.

Innokin makes very solid mods from my experience, but most of their stuff has a boxy boring look to it.
Their new Proton look very good though, might be getting one of those.

I think one reason Smok is so popular, is they are affordable and have so many different styles, probably have something to fit most taste in the looks department.

ScottP

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2013
Houston, TX
I have only ever owned one KT product. It was an original EVOD Clearo. It was plastic and broke. It was good while it lasted though. After that I started using the almost identical SMOK ARO's that were better made IMHO.

My problem with Innokin is that most of their mods are built in battery type mods, and I refuse to use those. I prefer to be able to use my mod while charging batteries, not to mention replace them if the batteries completely die. I know they do have a few replaceable battery mods but not many.

RayofLight62

ECF Veteran
Jan 10, 2015
Kent - United Kingdom
Maybe there's a special star watching me from upthere, but I never had a bad experience with Smok gear so far.
Their stuff is absolutely average, excluding some well designed items like the R80. What makes me unhappy is their way to set the specs of their mods, ending in saying just plain lies. The replacement for the G150, the new V-Fin, is stated to have a 8000 mah battery, whereas it is a 3300 (6600 if you think of it in parallel). A notable feat, double of the CoolFire, but why this megalomaniac lie, which fed all the people that are Smok haters by trade? Do they plan to sell the V-Fin where Internet doesn't reach? I can't find a plausible explanation for myself.
I'm looking forward to the AL85 / G-priv 2 mod, which I may want to use for MTL. All in all, Smok bring a lot of variety to the market, just do your homework before buying.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Unless he ran the Provi over with a lawn mower, I bet Bill could have fixed it. Sorry, lol, I had to.
Yes. We have provari And Smok in this one. 35 pages...
In my defense the Provari mentioned DID die. They are definitely not indestructible.
dsc00484-jpg.209424

ProVari Mini vs Briggs & Stratton Lawnmower - And the winner is ...

As a founding member of the Provarinati, I couldn't help posting this. ;) Any time a Provari is mentioned on a forum, Provari owners are certain to post, too.

My disdain for SMOK mods is well known on this forum, based from both a personal and business perspective. :evil:

@ScottP pretty much nailed it when answering your question on why SMOK is so popular.

SMOK has been able to cleverly saturate the online and B&M market with their products. Because of this, just about everyone who vapes has heard of SMOK. They have been able to mass produce their products so that they are inexpensive to most vapers just getting their feet wet with their first regulated mod. Their design department has been able to innovate flashy designs with many color options, and their marketing department is second to none. Unfortunately, SMOK has been lacking in the quality control department, and their customer support is non-existant. Their motto might as well be, "We make cheap. You buy cheap. It break. You buy another."

Last edited:

Tinkiegrrl

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 18, 2013
New York, NY
dsc00484-jpg.209424

ProVari Mini vs Briggs & Stratton Lawnmower - And the winner is ...

As a founding member of the Provarinati, I couldn't help posting this. ;)

My disdain for SMOK mods is well known on this forum, based from both a personal and business perspective. :evil:

@ScottP pretty much nailed it when answering your question on why SMOK is so popular.

SMOK has been able to cleverly saturate the online and B&M market with their products. Because of this, just about everyone who vapes has heard of SMOK. They have been able to mass produce their products so that they are inexpensive to most vapers just getting their feet wet with their first regulated mod. Their design department has been able to innovate flashy designs with many color options, and their marketing department is second to none. Unfortunately, SMOK has been lacking in the quality control department, and their customer support is non-existant. Their motto might as well be, "We make cheap. You buy cheap. It break. You buy another."

It probably doesn’t help that I don’t much like their designs either... some of it is a bit too much for my tastes. I’m kind of in the less is more camp.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Last edited:

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Look some people just think (insert whatever) is the best. My son is in love with Kirby vacuum cleaners for example. I was a hotel maid so I bought an Orick XL, it's about 10 years old and required ONE belt replacement.

Also, don't invite the salesmen in-- I did that once, and it's a trick. She "poured" a bunch of salt into my carpet and noted that Kirby "removed it." Well I'd expect that, and after she left, my Orick did it better. Also the "one free vacuum and wash of the carpet was to say the least, unimpressive. It was all crunchy (the carpet) when it was done.

Also, they asked me stuff like, "Can you really not afford an easy payment of just $250 a day." At the time, I wasn't working, the husband got laid off, and I had JUST found other work. We were still on foodstamps at that point. I kind of enjoyed saying, "Well, the government is giving me free food, so I can legitimately say I CAN'T afford it." (Especially mentally I went, "And even if I could that is a POS right there."

But, my kiddo has an unreasoning love for them as do some other folks. He buys old ones and refurbishes them. I really don't want/need a vacuum cleaner that has more value than my car, ever either.

But, some stuff, you just let it go, (so I have learned). I go admire whatever POS, I mean Kirby he picks up next.

Also, no offense to the Kirby folks who like that kind of thing. If it's for you, it's for you. Etc.

Anna

Tinkiegrrl

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 18, 2013
New York, NY
Says the person who posted SMOK Vape Pen 22 Leaking From Fire Button. This mod/tank combo made by SMOK allegedly has a design flaw causing it to leak (see below video). After experiencing this and starting the above thread, how can you still claim SMOK is the best? :facepalm:

At least it didn’t need to be tossed from a moving cars window. My ex husband’s all in one Smok overheated to a critical point while he was driving and it had to be thrown out of the car according to my kids. How dangerous is that?

Tinkiegrrl

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 18, 2013
New York, NY
Look some people just think (insert whatever) is the best. My son is in love with Kirby vacuum cleaners for example. I was a hotel maid so I bought an Orick XL, it's about 10 years old and required ONE belt replacement.

Also, don't invite the salesmen in-- I did that once, and it's a trick. She "poured" a bunch of salt into my carpet and noted that Kirby "removed it." Well I'd expect that, and after she left, my Orick did it better. Also the "one free vacuum and wash of the carpet was to say the least, unimpressive. It was all crunchy (the carpet) when it was done.

Also, they asked me stuff like, "Can you really not afford an easy payment of just $250 a day." At the time, I wasn't working, the husband got laid off, and I had JUST found other work. We were still on foodstamps at that point. I kind of enjoyed saying, "Well, the government is giving me free food, so I can legitimately say I CAN'T afford it." (Especially mentally I went, "And even if I could that is a POS right there."

But, my kiddo has an unreasoning love for them as do some other folks. He buys old ones and refurbishes them. I really don't want/need a vacuum cleaner that has more value than my car, ever either.

But, some stuff, you just let it go, (so I have learned). I go admire whatever POS, I mean Kirby he picks up next.

Also, no offense to the Kirby folks who like that kind of thing. If it's for you, it's for you. Etc.

Anna

Don’t get me started on Dyson. I put one on my registry for my first wedding (yes, I have two ex husbands) because it was the most expensive one and I didn’t think anyone would actually buy me the thing. Wound up, someone did. It died in one year.

ScottP

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2013
Houston, TX

Fidola13

Totally Stashed!
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 20, 2017
Boston
I've never tried anything from smok, so I don't have any opinion about their stuff, but I do know that I wouldn't have had 3 bad experiences with products from the same company, because one bad experience would be enough for me to try something else.

My last few devices have been from vaporesso. I was happy with the first one I bought, so I stuck with the same for my next one. If it aint broke why fix it I guess. I also like their coils, especially the ceramic, since I don't make my own.

Same with me. I just ordered my 5th vaporesso Revenger X even tho I have 3 DNA devices. I love my Revengers X. If it works stick with it. If not move along.

Tinkiegrrl

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 18, 2013
New York, NY
Same with me. I just ordered my 5th vaporesso Revenger X even tho I have 3 DNA devices. I love my Revengers X. If it works stick with it. If not move along.

So far, out or the three recent mods I have purchased, only one seems to be working perfectly. The one with the DNA chip, which really, I should have bought first. I was trying to be cheap though, and have thus paid the price because I do not have the sort of luck that makes cheap worth it. The Wismec only works 2/3rds of the time. The Smok wound up being a $70 paper weight. I’m okay with the Wismec. It WORKS at least. It’ll be there for back up should I need it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread