Will I be arrested under the new FDA Deeming?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mountaingal

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 22, 2012
Tennessee and ports on the East Coast
Quoted from Train2:
"Use a dripper, go to prison!

In case you were serious - it's not being made illegal to vape. It's "regulations" saying you cannot MARKET e-cig products unless they are "approved" - starting 2 years from now."

I actually am serious about this. And while I do realize vaping on approved devices will be OK; I'd like to think that we can use what we have until it dies . I really hope you are right about the "marketing" part.

Reactions: rootlinux01

wheelie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 12, 2014
Ont. Canada
www.independentont.com
Like everything else in this world, throw in some slush money and have things certified in no time. He who pays the most moves to top of the list for approval. Way the world works.. It is not what you know it is how much you can line pockets with cash.

I hear a lot of people saying we will go to Canada but did you realize Canada's suppliers get all their vape gear from US suppliers. So the vape gear for stores will dry up for a while and will force companies to buy from China directly. So US is in a lose lose situation.

CHEERS!

Last edited:
Reactions: mountaingal

Gramdogg

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 22, 2016
Fredericton NB Canada
  • Deleted by retired1
  • Reason: Unregistered Supplier

wheelie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 12, 2014
Ont. Canada
www.independentont.com
@Gramdogg Was not talking juice. Everyone and their sons make juice. But for major supplies we not have many major suppliers in Canada that do not go through US. US closed boarder for vape gear, we will be in short supply as well. What manufactures do we have in Canada? We have a couple that make mods, how do you suppose we will supply the demand if one, two or three mods makers, everyone from US buys them as well, and get no chips. We import from China it gets shipped to the US and then on to Canada. To say Canada will be unaffected is just being plain silly. I await your answer as perhaps I just don't understand. :) :) Go ask your local stores about importing, best yet ask where their suppliers import theirs from and how it gets to Canada. You may be surprised. It is not like just ordering a couple things from FastTech for personal stuff. Need a much better paper trail to satisfy the tax man. CHEERS!

Last edited:

Gramdogg

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 22, 2016
Fredericton NB Canada
  • Deleted by retired1

Gramdogg

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 22, 2016
Fredericton NB Canada
  • Deleted by retired1

Gramdogg

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 22, 2016
Fredericton NB Canada
  • Deleted by retired1

Gramdogg

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 22, 2016
Fredericton NB Canada
  • Deleted by retired1

Gramdogg

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 22, 2016
Fredericton NB Canada
  • Deleted by retired1

Gramdogg

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 22, 2016
Fredericton NB Canada
  • Deleted by retired1

Gramdogg

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 22, 2016
Fredericton NB Canada
  • Deleted by retired1

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal

That's Good for the Rest of the World.
Not so Good for Them or the People who live inside the USA.

I wonder How Much the US Market accounts for All Hardware Purchases?

Last edited by a moderator:

Gramdogg

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 22, 2016
Fredericton NB Canada
  • Deleted by retired1

Gramdogg

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 22, 2016
Fredericton NB Canada
  • Deleted by retired1

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
... It will be bad but not as bad as many think. Slow at first but it will get better quickly I believe. Many small juice lines will be gone but many also make millions, they will offer best sellers at first then slowly bring in the rest. ...

I'm not sure how Much you have Followed or Understand the US FDA's "Deeming" of e-Cigarettes/e-Liquids and the PMTA for ENDS?

But I think you will find Very Few who have Read what the FDA has released that would Agree with your above Statements. Unless, of course, you are Referring to BT making "Millions".

You are in Canada Right?

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
I checked for you USA is 3.5 billion, Europe is 17 billion. 3.5 billion and still hear "poor USA companies"lol. Like I say they can afford it trust me lol.

Can you Post a Link to your Figures?

And Who is supposed to be "afford" what Exactly?

Gramdogg

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 22, 2016
Fredericton NB Canada
  • Deleted by retired1

mountaingal

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 22, 2012
Tennessee and ports on the East Coast
I thank you all for the responses. It does strike me that juice will be the hardest as each potency and pg/vg ratio AND mgs will have to be approved. And the hardware, once approved will be easier to keep on the market. On the other had I once said we will probably have to be wringing out the juice from the likes of Blu's cartridges. :lol:

Gramdogg

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 22, 2016
Fredericton NB Canada
  • Deleted by retired1

wheelie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 12, 2014
Ont. Canada
www.independentont.com
Bet them prices pay the bills of the store. Enjoy eating hotdogs. I would not even get out of bed in the morning if I knew I was only getting hotdogs. I deserve more using my money. CHEERS! LOL

Last edited by a moderator:

Gramdogg

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 22, 2016
Fredericton NB Canada
  • Deleted by retired1

Gramdogg

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 22, 2016
Fredericton NB Canada
  • Deleted by retired1

wheelie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 12, 2014
Ont. Canada
www.independentont.com
  • Deleted by retired1
  • Reason: Cleaning up

Gramdogg

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 22, 2016
Fredericton NB Canada
  • Deleted by retired1

puffon

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Sep 18, 2014
    Florida
    Nicoderm Inhalers use essentially the same components as a vape pen as well as ciga likes.
    Far from a vape pen or cigalike
    my00781_im04104_mcdc7_nicotineinhalerthu_jpg.png

Already regulated as a pharma product

zoiDman

Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 16, 2010
    So-Cal
    Yup, I read it. Where doe's it say we are going back to 2007? Just says that is all that won't need to be submitted. You will have to wait to see what they regulate, I can't see in the future unfortunately but even Nicoderm Inhalers use essentially the same components as a vape pen as well as ciga likes. If they are pre approved I can see any reason they would say no to receiving a large cheque in the mail. Hundreds of millions 22% of 6 billion in the last 2 years just for BLU... you do the math.

Like I said, I Don't think you have a Grasp of what the Deeming Is/Does for the USA.

No "New" Products can be sold after Aug 8th in the USA without PMTA approval. So you better like what your Using. Cause there aint gonna be Anything New.

Existing Products will have a Grace Period for PMTA Application. But Almost No One except BT or BP is going to be able to Afford a PMTA Application. So existing Products are kinda Dead Men Walking.

If this is the Kind of Market that you think is OK. Or Not Really that Bad, well, then I don't know what to Tell You.

And BTW - The FDA "Deeming" is in their own words, "Foundational".

Gramdogg

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 22, 2016
    Fredericton NB Canada
    • Deleted by retired1

Gramdogg

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 22, 2016
    Fredericton NB Canada
    • Deleted by retired1

zoiDman

Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 16, 2010
    So-Cal
    2.5 Billion in 2014 3.5 Billion in 2015 22% owned by Blu. Blu for sure will just take over the market but I'm sure 78% of 6 billion in the last two years will help others. Many places on google can help you. Redirect Notice

Unfortunately, Mrs. Herzog didn't see that the Market had Peaked. So her Growth figures didn't pan out as Planned.

“Consumers are disenchanted right now with these products,” said Bonnie Herzog, an analyst with Wells Fargo who estimates the e-cigarette market totaled $2.5 billion last year. She said e-cigs need to mimic cigarettes or users won’t switch. She added, “It’s not that different from diet soda.”

E-Cigarette Sales Rapidly Lose Steam

Gramdogg

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 22, 2016
    Fredericton NB Canada
    • Deleted by retired1

zoiDman

Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 16, 2010
    So-Cal
    In a previous post I stated big tobacco will take it over BLU to be specific and you just said the key word "without approval". They will approve anyone that writes a big enough cheque trust me.

Call me Crazy if you like, but having my Only Choices be a Blu or a Mark V or a VUSE doesn't Exactly seem like things are going to OK.

Gramdogg

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 22, 2016
    Fredericton NB Canada
    • Deleted by retired1

zoiDman

Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 16, 2010
    So-Cal
    Miss understanding, they will take over as in be the ones to pay and produce new products not that you'd have to vape BLU's. Basically you'll have the same stuff but it will be made by big tobacco. No one is going back to BLU's and sure as hell ain't going back to cigs so someone will pay millions to own a large share of 2.5 billion.

There's No Argument that BT will be the Players in the Coming US Regulated Market.

But what I think you are Missing is Why would the FDA approve a PMTA for Open System Atomizer like we use Today? And Promote/Perpetuate a Black Market of Liquid e-Liquids?

Or a Variable Voltage Device where a user can Intentionally set it to Wire Temperatures where PG and Vg thermal Breakdown occurs?

Cig-a-Like aren't sustainable in Todays market because there are Better Choices. But when those Better Choices are Removed via Regulations, Cig-a-Likes work for BT and the FDA. Because that is ALL there is.

Gramdogg

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 22, 2016
    Fredericton NB Canada
    • Deleted by retired1

Gramdogg

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 22, 2016