Will I be arrested under the new FDA Deeming?

Status
Not open for further replies.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
I don't have a sorce for what was actually made but she wasn't wrong. The sorce you supplied said it raising by 57% instead of 114%. Overall it was up from 10% to 15% in adults under 40. So 150% of 2.5 billion is 1.25 billion so essentially 3.75 billion. Since thats only adults under 40 3.5 billion was probably closer. Your source not mine.

I don't have a sorce for what was actually made but she wasn't wrong. The sorce you supplied said it raising by 57% instead of 114%. Overall it was up from 10% to 15% in adults under 40. So 150% of 2.5 billion is 1.25 billion so essentially 3.75 billion. Since thats only adults under 40 3.5 billion was probably closer. Your source not mine.

Is there an Echo in here.

LOL

All I'm say'n is Don't look for Unbridled Growth now that the FDA has (Finally) released it's "Deeming" of e-Cigarettes and e-liquids.

Reactions: mountaingal

Gramdogg

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 22, 2016
Fredericton NB Canada
  • Deleted by retired1
  • Reason: Unregistered Supplier

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
For money, black market was worst case. Your one of the few that don't see just quitting as an option? Once they see that money not being spent on cigs or cigga likes they will be forced to make better products or kiss a large portion of that 3.5 billion good bye. I don't think they will grow from 22% to say 80% for very long, just long enough for us to quit because they suck so bad and with almost no nicotine in them it will be pretty easy too.

Like I said. I don't think you are Comprehending what type of Market the USA is going into.

Money will not Determine New Products. That is Free Market thinking. The FDA will decide what New Products can be Sold in a Regulated Market.

What the FDA Does or what BT Does are Really of No Consequence to Me. And I can Quit or Continue using an e-Cigarette as Long as I Choose to. Because I made sure that I Had Options by being prepare.

But what I or You do Isn't really what I am concerned with. I think more about someone down the line who will Want to Quit Smoking just like I did 6 Years ago. Someone who had Tried Everything. Will they have the Same Chances of Quitting as I Did?

Like I said, None of this Effects me. But I would Hope that the Next Generation of e-Cigarete Users could have what I have had. But they Won't.

And that is where the Real Tragedy in all this Lies.

Gramdogg

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 22, 2016
Fredericton NB Canada
  • Deleted by retired1

Gramdogg

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 22, 2016
Fredericton NB Canada
  • Deleted by retired1

sawlight

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 2, 2009
Kansas
For money, black market was worst case. Your one of the few that don't see just quitting as an option? Once they see that money not being spent on cigs or cigga likes they will be forced to make better products or kiss a large portion of that 3.5 billion good bye. I don't think they will grow from 22% to say 80% for very long, just long enough for us to quit because they suck so bad and with almost no nicotine in them it will be pretty easy too.

I suffer from chronic pain, I live on opiods and heavy pain killers (Fentanyl patch, pills for breakthrough pain). NO, quitting isn't an option on my end! I wish it was a possibility, but I'm vaping 36mg NET juices on everything I own. So for people like myself, that just isn't an option. Depending on how things pan out, I may very well be forced to go back to smoking, even then I'm not sure how all this will play out with RYO!

Gramdogg

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 22, 2016
Fredericton NB Canada
  • Deleted by retired1

sawlight

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 2, 2009
Kansas
Yeah the unfortunate exceptions and future vapors will be hurt the most. I went from over a pack a day to 12mg to 12mg and 6mg to just 6mg in about 3 months started making 5mg couple weeks ago just to save money. 3mg next, should be at 0mg long before 2 years is up. I'd start doing the same, there is still lots of time to cut back. I found it worked best keeping 12mg around just as a part time vape when 6mg wouldn't fill my craving, probably do the same with 5m and 3mg then 0mg and 3mg when I crave it every hour or so.
I wish, but no love.
I was completely off until an accident, then four years of Hell. Spent the last year and half dealing with Drs and pharmacists fighting with each other to get my meds right. Finally back to vaping, but still smoking. I was at 2-5 PAD, I have boughts with the weather where I'm up for days straight. I'm down to 2-8 sticks a day in the last couple of months, but haven't had a real rough patch yet, so...............
My ADV is becoming my Theorem, .2 ohm coil, 400deg at 35w, with the 36mg juice. When I need more I grab the Dripbox, .8 ohm build at full bore with 36mg juice.
I don't foresee nic abstinence in my near future.

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal

zandersig

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 13, 2013
Atlanta, Georgia, USA
NO!, NO, NOOOOO... Probably get a fine if you are caught selling stuff to people out in the open??!!

More than likely it will go underground probably not the black market but the gray market for sure!

[deleted]

The FDA is doing this because of the mega money their getting from big tobacco and "To protect the children"! Look if kids want tobacco or alcohol they will get it, I know I did it! They use the kid thing because it pulls on peoples heart strings which makes crap harder for us ADULTS!!! We now live in a TYRANNICAL NATION!

The road to Hell is paved with good intentions!

Email your Senators, Congress and the POTUS! Go here fill in the info and it will send them a letter/petition for free. You won't get any ads or nothing, it's super easy and we only need 250,000 more people to sihn up and send the petition! Please help! Here is the link....

Internal Warning

Last edited by a moderator:

Gramdogg

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 22, 2016
Fredericton NB Canada
  • Deleted by retired1

Steamer861

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 13, 2014
Canada
I refuse to believe the Sky is Falling! I think everyone is over reacting!
The problem is the FDA has classified E-cigs as Tobacco products.
A challenge of this classification is really all thats needed! Some one will challenge this ruling, maybe all the way to the Supreme court! Hopefully it will be heard by a descent Judge who can see through the BT agenda :)
Vaping has helped Far! to many people to quite smoking, it just can't be swept under the rug to maintain BT Profits!

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
I refuse to believe the Sky is Falling! I think everyone is over reacting!
The problem is the FDA has classified E-cigs as Tobacco products.
A challenge of this classification is really all thats needed! Some one will challenge this ruling, maybe all the way to the Supreme court! Hopefully it will be heard by a descent Judge who can see through the BT agenda :)
Vaping has helped Far! to many people to quite smoking, it just can't be swept under the rug to maintain BT Profits!

Not Disagreeing that a Legal Challenge is not needed. It will/is going to happen.

But have you Considered just How Long a Legal Challenge is going to Take? And the Wreckage that will have Occurred while a Lawsuit winds it's way thru the Morass of the US Legal System?

Steamer861

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 13, 2014
Canada
Not Disagreeing that a Legal Challenge is not needed. It will/is going to happen.

But have you Considered just How Long a Legal Challenge is going to Take? And the Wreckage that will have Occurred while a Lawsuit winds it's way thru the Morass of the US Legal System?

Agreed It mite not be Fast or Easy, But it will happen! How ridiculous is it for companies like Evolv, Provari,Vapour Shark, & so on to be considered Tobacco Products! The juice companies may have a bit harder time, but then again is nicotine gum considered tobacco products?

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Agreed It mite not be Fast or Easy, But it will happen! How ridiculous is it for companies like Evolv, Provari,Vapour Shark, & so on to be considered Tobacco Products! The juice companies may have a bit harder time, but then again is nicotine gum considered tobacco products?

I believe that the Nicotine in Nicotine Gum is classified as a Drug. So it falls under a Different Path of Regulations.

---

I just want people to Understand that Yes, Legal Challenges are Very Relevant. But the FDA knows how long these Lawsuits can Take to receive a Ruling. And How Long a Subsequent Appeal can Also take.

And one Strategy that is used in the USA is Do Something knowing that it will be Legally Challenged, but the Time/Money required to Fight it in the Court System will accomplish Much of what the original Intent was. Even if a Lawsuit is found to be Valid.

It's all just a Crooked Game.

And what is Getting Lost is that e-Cigarette use Reduces the Harm of Smoking. And that is one of the things the FDA says is it Primary Goals. Reducing the Harm that Smoking causes.

Gramdogg

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 22, 2016
Fredericton NB Canada
  • Deleted by retired1

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
One thing no one seems to know, even advocates,is that all we want is the grandfather date changed. The FDA did NOT classify it as a tobacco product WE did. In 2009 the FDA was going to ban them so we classified them as tobacco products so they couldn't and won. They appealed the decision and lost so sadly we won't win any cases trying to overturn the judges decisions. Just consider us lucky they took 7 years to do what they are doing. All nicotine delivery systems are classified under tobacco products.

Once Again, you Don't seem to Understand the Events leading up to where we are Currently in the USA.

Do you Understand what the Differences would have been if Nicotine in e-Liquids was Classified as a Drug as the FDA argued that it was?

Gramdogg

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 22, 2016
Fredericton NB Canada
  • Deleted by retired1

Gramdogg

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 22, 2016
Fredericton NB Canada
  • Deleted by retired1

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
And I think your just listening to small business's justified reactions not the publics. Of course people on youtube that get $50,000 of free products a year are gonna cry bloody murder. People that it will affect have something to fight for, our fight is for small business and grandfather date. Unless you have a time machine you can't change what was already done 7 years ago you can just hope for it to be better then whats proposed and whats proposed isn't as bad as losing it all together.

Just one Question:

Do you happen to work for a Tobacco Company by any chance?

Gramdogg

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 22, 2016
Fredericton NB Canada
  • Deleted by retired1

zandersig

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 13, 2013
Atlanta, Georgia, USA
  • Deleted by retired1
  • Reason: You need to read the rules.

Gramdogg

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 22, 2016
Fredericton NB Canada
  • Deleted by retired1

Gramdogg

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 22, 2016
Fredericton NB Canada
  • Deleted by retired1

zandersig

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 13, 2013
Atlanta, Georgia, USA
  • Deleted by retired1
  • Reason: Nope, not permitted

Gramdogg

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 22, 2016
Fredericton NB Canada
  • Deleted by retired1

Gramdogg

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 22, 2016
Fredericton NB Canada
  • Deleted by retired1

OldBatty

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 28, 2014
North Georgia USA
One thing no one seems to know, even advocates,is that all we want is the grandfather date changed.

Well, that and taxes that are (truly) proportional to the harm. Five percent of the combined state, Federal, and the hidden MSA tax sounds quite fair to me.

sofarsogood

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2014
Any ideas of what will happen if I vape my own homemade 20mg/ml juice in a 18650 VV/VW mod with my own build of kanthal wire after August 2016?
Will I be arrested? Given a ticket? Given a warning? Have my set-up confiscated?
Do we know yet?
I called homeland security and ratted you out. You should be hearing the black helicopters over your house in the next few minutes. Then the guys in black jump suits will be rapelling in to your back yard. Resistance is futile.

Gramdogg

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 22, 2016
Fredericton NB Canada
  • Deleted by retired1

Stubby

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 22, 2009
Madison, WI USA
One thing no one seems to know, even advocates,is that all we want is the grandfather date changed. The FDA did NOT classify it as a tobacco product WE did. In 2009 the FDA was going to ban them so we classified them as tobacco products so they couldn't and won. They appealed the decision and lost so sadly we won't win any cases trying to overturn the judges decisions. Just consider us lucky they took 7 years to do what they are doing. All nicotine delivery systems are classified under tobacco products.
The 2009 case was centered on intended use. The FDA claimed ecigs where a drug delivery device because they claimed some manufactures where claiming you could quit smoking with ecigs, essentially the same as NRT's, or so the FDA claimed.

The defense was that the intended use was that of a recreational way of using nicotine (which is the truth). The defense didn't claim they are a tobacco product, simply that the intended use was not a smoking cessation product.

Near the end of the case the tobacco control act passed, and judge Leon told the FDA that it was possible ecigs could be regulated under the then new law (as if the FDA would not have figured this out on there own).

Bottom line is that the 2009 case has nothing to do with the current deeming, though the idea has floated around for awhile by people who don't have an understanding of the history of the case and the tobacco control act. The deeming has everything to do with the tobacco control act and the case the FDA lost in 2010 has nothing to do with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread