Word of warning about box mods in public

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaxvapin

ECF Veteran
Nov 8, 2009
Law enforcement aren't trained to shoot first and ask questions later. If a police officer overreacts and shoots an innocent person he is ridiculed not labeled a hero. Sure if you're antagonistic and acting suspiciously, there's a chance you might get shot. But if you're just pulling something out of your pocket it is extremely unlikely it will happen.

TexasRain104

ECF Veteran
May 1, 2010
The State of Texas, USA
Guys, yall may want to listen to the OP. Im not saying dont buy them and use them, Im just saying be aware of the now made sensitive areas post 911.

LEO's shot people and kill them when the suspect has what appears to be a weapon in their hand. They are found inocent and placed in a good light. There are civil suits from families, but if you have ever seen the people on a jury panel, you would understand how the officer normally wins the case.

THIS IS A WARNING, not a "its gonna happen". Those who do not prepare for the worse, fail to suceede.

TexasRain104

ECF Veteran
May 1, 2010
The State of Texas, USA
DC2 said:
Oh man, this is going to be harsh...

But yeah, the first person that gets shot for using a box mod is going to be a patron saint for our movement and our cause. I can't think of anything that will be more effective at getting electronic cigarettes in front of the public eye than something like that.

I just hope it isn't me.
:D

But then, I don't use box mods.
:)
My money says the public will side with the cop.

TexasRain104

ECF Veteran
May 1, 2010
The State of Texas, USA
Caddyman said:
i dont think anyone police, fbi, whoever, is instructed to shoot on sight for detonation device looking object....

is it a good idea to be aware of your surroundings as to not cause a stir, surely.
do some box mods look like detonation devices, surely.
do I think you will get shot on sight for pulling one out of your pocket....highly HIGHLY doubtful.
Our Officers at the city council meetings do.

TexasRain104

ECF Veteran
May 1, 2010
The State of Texas, USA
You ever been to a council meeting of a city where there are 600 people attend? What a great target... Try working it as an Officer. The type of people that show up arent the best. I had a very CRAZY man (only say crazy because I have no idea what mental issues he had) walk up to the podium and pee everywhere while he cussed out everyone in the room for being in his bathroom. The mayor nor the chief thought that was funny. But that should give you a glimpse as to a group of people that are in public. We havent even mentioned the radicals. There is a group of people in TX that call themselves "the republic of Texas". They believe that TX is still seperated from the union and they have known to carry AK-47s.

Most of the population dont know pr hear what we deal with day in day out. If the news reports it, they either get it wrong or bend it to fit the way they see it.

Caddyman

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 22, 2010
Delaware USA
chaseweb.biz
i have read about the republic of texas group before. sounds like your meetings are like our meetings. i am very involved in the community and have seen some crazy ... people for sure.

nevertheless, i would not advise training any LEO's local or otherwise to shoot on sight for almost any reason.

TexasRain104

ECF Veteran
May 1, 2010
The State of Texas, USA
The guys that work city council are acrive military and have extensive training with explosives. They are educated in their field. The item you may have possibly looks like a device and your subdude actions may be an indicator as to what is going to happen.

Just think about where in public you decided to whip it out and vape.

TexasRain104

ECF Veteran
May 1, 2010
The State of Texas, USA
On a funny note, any ever become a suicide bomber before?....

Its like a dutch oven in bed. You cuttle up next to your loved one and say "Im trying to get my 40 virgins" then pull the sheets over BOTH of your heads and fart.

Just wanted to break up the seriousness.

But really, take the info and do what you will with it. No one wants to see the innocent hurt nor do they want to cause the pain.

ab357

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Chgo., IL.
i have read about the republic of texas group before. sounds like your meetings are like our meetings. i am very involved in the community and have seen some crazy ... people for sure.

nevertheless, i would not advise training any LEO's local or otherwise to shoot on sight for almost any reason.

Actually it's International policy, not just American. Most people don't think you should shoot a commercial airplane down, but under certain circumstances, that IS the policy and it WILL be followed.

How many negative posters are in the National Security policy arena? Wonder why even Britian of all places (considering its firearms restrictions even for LEOs) have the exact same policy? Tell you what, how about going to Isreal and pulling out a box mod in public and see what happens?

When did I say "almost any reason"?

ab357

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Chgo., IL.
You're not seriously suggesting that there is a general, shoot first ask questions later policy regarding anything suspicious are you?

Shoot somebody who's planning to detonate a bomb and you'll be a hero. Shoot somebody because you've panicked and jumped the gun and you're in big trouble. Police do not have a blank check to just go around shooting people in the head, even if they're holding a black box. I don't see those cops in London who shot that Brazillian guy getting any medals.

Maybe you should check out the RCMP directives with a member of its Terrorist Division? Exactly the same as Americans and the British.

sheep

ECF Veteran
Jan 13, 2010
Vancouver, BC
Maybe you should check out the RCMP directives with a member of its Terrorist Division? Exactly the same as Americans and the British.

Or I can look at the current headlines and see that the four RCMP in Vancouver that tasered a Polish immigrant for supposedly being aggressive, and wound up killing him, are now looking at going on trial for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread