Word of warning about box mods in public

Status
Not open for further replies.

TexasRain104

ECF Veteran
May 1, 2010
The State of Texas, USA
sheep said:
Or I can look at the current headlines and see that the four RCMP in Vancouver that tasered a Polish immigrant for supposedly being aggressive, and wound up killing him, are now looking at going on trial for it.
Sweet.. Ill give up my taser. Need to implament my range quals anyway.

ab357

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Chgo., IL.
Or I can look at the current headlines and see that the four RCMP in Vancouver that tasered a Polish immigrant for supposedly being aggressive, and wound up killing him, are now looking at going on trial for it.

Yeah tasing an unruly subject and dealing with terrorism is exactly the same thing.

I'd like to see that link also. Every governmental body is made well aware of potential unintended medical results BEFORE they decide that it is overall safer for both law enforcement and the public to authorize an approved taser policy.

Do you have any idea how many perps and cops have been spared great bodily harm by use of tasers? You know policies aren't enacted just because it's something new to do right? It's all about assessing what is the greatest public good.

BradSmith

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 8, 2010
Northern Michigan USA
I guess the Terrorists have won. Good Job Law Enforcement!!!!

Sad to think, but this is not the America I grew up in. If cops are so afraid that they need to go around shooting people for carrying a box mod or they are so eager to play the hero perhaps they are in the wrong line of duty.

What I would like to know is how many people have been killed because of this policy and how many people have been saved? My guess would be that the cops are more dangerous than people are who try some lame attempt to use a detonater in public. Seriously, what kind of would be terrorist would walk around with the detonater in his hand out in the open. Why not keep it in your pocket an pull it out for the 2 seconds it will take to use it. Sorry, but not even quick draw McGraw is going to stop them.

And please, don't give me the old, if only you were in my shoes argument. I have spent enough time in combat situations to know what I'm talking about.

TexasRain104

ECF Veteran
May 1, 2010
The State of Texas, USA
In the world you were raised in leo's beat the suspects after they were arrested! Violating every right that i work my .... off to protect for you!

I have no problem going back to the "knuckle dragging" era!

And with what i have heard from most of the posts, no one has a clue as to what goes on outside. You follow like sheep being led by corp america, being advised by the media!

Freedom... Let me violate a civil right. Corp america doesnt want you to hear it because you would riot the streets not knowing why.

Im done with this thread!

sheep

ECF Veteran
Jan 13, 2010
Vancouver, BC
Could you post a link. Would love to read the article.

Here's a link to one the latest stories. The incident happened a couple of years ago but the inquiry just released it's final report last week:

A taser, a stapler, and the death of Robert Dziekanski - The Globe and Mail

Here's another from the BBC

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/world/us_and_canada/10356485.stm

and here's one about the charges being considered:

http://www.bclocalnews.com/news/96685979.html

Last edited:

sheep

ECF Veteran
Jan 13, 2010
Vancouver, BC
Yeah tasing an unruly subject and dealing with terrorism is exactly the same thing.

I'd like to see that link also. Every governmental body is made well aware of potential unintended medical results BEFORE they decide that it is overall safer for both law enforcement and the public to authorize an approved taser policy.

Do you have any idea how many perps and cops have been spared great bodily harm by use of tasers? You know policies aren't enacted just because it's something new to do right? It's all about assessing what is the greatest public good.

Yeah, the suspect was "unruly". These bozos tried that excuse in their defence,but luckily there was a bystander with a cellphone camera (that the RCMP seized and tried to suppress) that disproved that lie.

BradSmith

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 8, 2010
Northern Michigan USA
In the world you were raised in leo's beat the suspects after they were arrested! Violating every right that i work my .... off to protect for you!

I have no problem going back to the "knuckle dragging" era!

And with what i have heard from most of the posts, no one has a clue as to what goes on outside. You follow like sheep being led by corp america, being advised by the media!

Freedom... Let me violate a civil right. Corp america doesnt want you to hear it because you would riot the streets not knowing why.

Im done with this thread!

Really?? You would rather live in a nation were cops shoot people than beat them up. Well I would prefer just to have honest cops that know their jobs. But I guess that's just me. I'm funny that way I guess.

As for working your .... off to protect me, I suppose you don't get paid for doing your job by taxpayers like me?? I don't see why it's anyone's duty to kiss someone's rear end for doing the job they are paid for. If you don't like your job you can always find another one.

I have respect for honest cops and ones who know their job and how to perform it. Defending someone who would shoot someone for carrying an e-cig is just too much for me. At best it's criminal negligence.

Do your job professionaly take your pay and be happy you have a job you are proud of.

ab357

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Chgo., IL.
Mostly directed to ab357, but anyone else with an answer feel free too.

Old but still... What happened here? I've never witnessed anyone, in person, getting tased. Wouldn't, say about, 2 times have been enough?

Boy, 16, tased 19 times. News article

Keeping in mind this is an e-cig forum and a simple head's up (the purpose behind starting this thread) has ventured all over the place, I'll give a "drive by" response. Tasers use short bursts of electricity. The goal, compliance because you don't want it repeated. It's purpose is to gain control of a suspect with MINIMUM physical injury risks to all concerned.

However there are several factors that affect an individual's reaction/tolerance. Some officers negate the fact that when it's apparent a tase isn't being affective, the proper procedure should be to physically restrain the person by more traditional techniques that while have a higher possibility of bodily harm to all concerned, with sufficient manpower (number of officers) and more traditional restraint techniques, anyone should be able to be restrained.

I didn't read the link, because as usual I'm extreme multi tasking so I don't know the specifics of that incident and only gave a very general response.

I would also take the opportunity to point out that there is a sub forum here; " Thin Blue Line" composed of First Responders and other experienced public safety officers, including medical first responders which is a public sub forum and encourages any public safety related questions posed there.

Anything that requires human involvement offers the potential for abuse. This applies globally as sadly most physical abuse is via the hands of family members.

ab357

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Chgo., IL.
who makes remote det devices now days.. it is so much easier to wire up a prepay cell and call it.. or a pager you can get a lot more distance than a det device with a few thousand yards range..

More than you would think. There is a LOT happening daily that is not spread across news wires. Most are posting theoreticals while I'm posting real world information. Take it for what it is. Instead of going back and forth, I've posted information SOME here may want to take into consideration.

If you don't believe/ agree with what I posted... fine. Let's go back to talking e-cigs.

Quick1

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 11, 2010
USA
I did forget to add that he supposedly fell off an overpass and was on the ground. He also had a broken back.

That's about the same as adding no information at all. Was he on drugs too? You can do some super human things for a short amount of time on chemicals. Falling off an overpass or having a broken back might not have effected your physical ability to resist or pose a threat in any way at all.

And my supposition/inference is about as complete and useful as yours. No way to make a judgement without all the facts.

pandilex

Jun 18, 2010
USA - New England
As i also work in DC (Not going to disclose where) I entered work last week with my e-cig and as i walked in i was putting a new car on the bat...NOT a smart idea i had 2 guns drawn on me, until i was able to explain i wasn't let go. They are banned in my place of work because u never know what dumbass is going to put a liquidized for of a pathogen in there, turn it into vapor and exhale it into the public.

Lcuky we didnt make a big scene

Last edited:

wolflrv

ECF Veteran
Feb 20, 2010
Tennessee
Ok...so now we battle not only big Pharma, big Tobacco...but our law enforcement agencies too? I've got lots of friends where I live and shoot(gun club) that are law enforcement...I vape in front of them and they've all been very curious and supportive as well. They've also been briefed on what the difference is between an e-cig and a drug pipe...(by who I don't know)...but they are aware and think it's just fine.

What kills me in this thread..is you have a supposed Federal agent of some sort claiming he's licensed to kill on sight..anyone with a detonation device...and yet way out here in the sticks in Tennessee..the local law enforcement has been "briefed" on the difference..so they already know.

Awareness is the key here folks...and some basic common sense.

Quick1

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 11, 2010
USA
Ok...so now we battle not only big Pharma, big Tobacco...but our law enforcement agencies too? I've got lots of friends where I live and shoot(gun club) that are law enforcement...I vape in front of them and they've all been very curious and supportive as well. They've also been briefed on what the difference is between an e-cig and a drug pipe...(by who I don't know)...but they are aware and think it's just fine.

What kills me in this thread..is you have a supposed Federal agent of some sort claiming he's licensed to kill on sight..anyone with a detonation device...and yet way out here in the sticks in Tennessee..the local law enforcement has been "briefed" on the difference..so they already know.

Awareness is the key here folks...and some basic common sense.

Well, yes, awareness... Way out there in the sticks in Tennessee they're trying to differentiate between e-cig vaporizer and illegal drug pipe. The situation in this thread is distinguishing between something and potentially electronic/explosive device. In this thread they don't care if it's drugs or not, they want to know if you're going to blow something up. Another large difference is (I'm assuming) they aren't going to shoot you in Tennessee on a split second decision if they decide that it is a drug pipe. They don't have to immediately assess and try to eliminate the threat.

I'm not expressing my opinion one way or the other but just saying that I don't the analogy is very good. Using Pandilex's story, it's kind of different deciding "is that a crack burner or e-cig that he's got there" or "is that mechanical/electronic device that he's assembling just as he's entering the building a threat or not"

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread