• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Wow, 48mg unflavoured

Status
Not open for further replies.

laynies

ECF Veteran
Apr 23, 2009
Phoenix, Az
Awww, great. :mad: A chance to buy higher nic to stretch our juice supply even more while keeping a respectable amount of nicotine, and it get's swatted down by a bunch of fear-mongering mother hens?

I don't see what the problem is with 48mg liquid? It's only takes 30% less than the same amount of 36mg liquid to make you sick and it's not like we're spooning this into our coffee in the morning or plugging the bottles into our IV's, are we?

I think this supplier was overly aggressively attacked and is owed an apology.

Also, shame on the people trying to stop 48mg strength from being sold on the forums!! We are all adults and we're all dealing with a poison already. If you want to be nannies, mind your own home and leave the rest of us to our own devices. A word of caution is fine but to try and chase out a supplier for introducing something that could very well be used to help us, is going too far.

I noticed the biggest alarmist about 48mg were the ones that vape 0-nic anyway, so what do they care? :rolleyes:

Well said!

ZambucaLu

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 23, 2008
Central NY, USA
Awww, great. :mad: A chance to buy higher nic to stretch our juice supply even more while keeping a respectable amount of nicotine, and it get's swatted down by a bunch of fear-mongering mother hens?

I don't see what the problem is with 48mg liquid? It's only takes 30% less than the same amount of 36mg liquid to make you sick and it's not like we're spooning this into our coffee in the morning or plugging the bottles into our IV's, are we?

I think this supplier was overly aggressively attacked and is owed an apology.

Also, shame on the people trying to stop 48mg strength from being sold on the forums!! We are all adults and we're all dealing with a poison already. If you want to be nannies, mind your own home and leave the rest of us to our own devices. A word of caution is fine but to try and chase out a supplier for introducing something that could very well be used to help us, is going too far.

I noticed the biggest alarmist about 48mg were the ones that vape 0-nic anyway, so what do they care? :rolleyes:

Very well written....and with no cursing! I am really impressed!
clap.gif

Lu

lordmage

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 15, 2008
Dundalk,Maryland, USA
i certianly was not chasing the supplier in question in fact all i said was "label them and secure them better as well as ship them in small bottles" to make it easier and safer to handle you want 48mg fine by me you want 50ml of it fine. i just find it easier to handle smaller bottles less waste that way for me anyway.

Also way to go with no cursing and well thought out thank you for you honest cander and i do agree with you

bronson

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
You can't have it both ways. You want "a government that would leave me the 'ell alone. I'm one hundred percent for personal freedom, personal rights as long as practicing those right don't impact others" YET you want this thread shut down so people dont know of this liquid and you want the supplier to quit selling it!!

You can't say you want freedom to do as you wish and then take someone elses freedom away!!

Hmmm - Maybe this forum is really the FDA. What happened to freedom.

Edit: please people no trolling which is what this post seems to be another mod may delete it if they wish i left for approval by another

Last edited by a moderator:

bronson

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Who is trolling? Members talking about members being band from the forum. Sounded like the FDA to me. I quoted truckdrivingmouse because he is correct. "You can't say you want freedom to do as you wish and then take someone elses freedom away!!" Leave the market alone and it will be ok. They tried proabition and it did not work. Who are we to say what anyone can market. If you don't think 48 is safe and/or you can not be responsable with it, then you should not buy it. If we can't be responsable with juice, then maybe the FDA dose need to protect us all, because of a few. Who's side are you on? I'm for freedom.

TropicalBob

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 13, 2008
Port Charlotte, FL USA
Bravo Bizzybot. This forum is sometimes guilty of "piling on" and that's exactly what happened to the seller. I got my two vials of 48mg today and a big THANK YOU to him for getting it to me before any ban action. I'll cut it, flavor it and use it for a looooooong time.

As for calls for censorship of content ... that's almost funny in a forum where most yell for "freedom". NO, do not remove this thread! What a misguided proposal that was.

OutWest

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 8, 2009
Oklahoma USA
www.alternasmokes.com
Normally, I wouldnt comment on another seller's product, for at the very least it's bad form. But, since I dont carry 48mg...

I gotta say, with the 48 I FINALLY found a fully satisfying vape. Vaping it straight, it's just a touch too stout for me, but not by much; I'll probably use it mixed with 36mg. Caution is most certainly required on the part of the user, for it's definately fierce, and if vaped straight should only be used in extreme moderation (spacing out the puffs and giving your body time to react so that you'll know if youre getting too much or not, etc). And, like with any product, there will always be someone out there that goes overboard or does something else similarly stupid and hurts themselves - that's why everything we have has to have all those legal warnings on them. One of my favorites is the one found on irons "Warning: Never iron clothes on the body."

All that being said, I'm very happy to have been able to get some of the 48 and am very grateful to the seller. Thank you, VapeMeister!

Note: if the seller, the mods, or SJ feel my post should be zapped, that's fine; I understand.

Last edited:

ZambucaLu

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 23, 2008
Central NY, USA
A mis-interpreted quote of mine, re-quoted in post 144 by another poster. I'll say it again. People can vape whatever they want. What scared me was the vendor starting this thread and selling the 48mg juice didn't know how to measure nicotine content before he started this thread.

I'm not sure I understand Ramblin. The OP was smokumchevy....not the vendor....and he wasn't measuring the nicotine....he was buying it already mixed. Do you have the right thread...or am I just missing something here? :confused:

Lu

lordmage

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 15, 2008
Dundalk,Maryland, USA
outwest i found nothing wrong with you post it is well thought out and concise without slandering.

Wall of text mode on.

also to those who dont know what trolling is. basically trolling is posting a one liner that does not really help the topic but is written with the intent to inflame or get a reaction out of someone the example i use is above "Hmmm - Maybe this forum is really the FDA. What happened to freedom." that was his comment while it is a valid comment it does not help the topic at hand. which is what we think about 48mg nic. i have stated my thoughts on this already and will not go any further into it.

now if this forum had no freedom i could have just removed his post but only left a request with his post

thank you

ISAWHIM

ECF Veteran
Apr 15, 2009
Jacksonville, Florida
www.isawhim.com
If you are all wondering... What would happen if you consumed a whole 10ml bottle of 48mg solution...

Nicotine, when consumed in a lethal dose, will not offer time for reaction. By the time it has been consumed in a lethal quantity, the results will be immediate and irreversible.

Only "Mild OD", which is only "Potentially lethal acute poisoning", if left untreated... will offer time to react in a corrective action. Untreated, it will result in a long slow death, messy and painful.

If you swallowed all 10ml of 48mg solution, thus ingesting 480mg... You would first gag, followed by heavy bowel and bladder discharge, followed by a heart-attack, followed by convulsing on the floor while your nerves become saturated in signals as your heart pumps full-speed and your neurological chemistry slides into overdrive. Ultimately unable to take a full breath, your heart will eventually run-out of oxygenated blood to deliver throughout your body, and you will die. Just like a rat.

Related news story about tobacco scientist death...
Salon.com Health | Smoke screen

Last edited:

Nuck

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 14, 2009
Ontario, Canada
If you are all wondering... What would happen if you consumed a whole 10ml bottle of 48mg solution...

Nicotine, when consumed in a lethal dose, will not offer time for reaction. By the time it has been consumed in a lethal quantity, the results will be immediate and irreversible.

Only "Mild OD", which is only "Potentially lethal acute poisoning", if left untreated... will offer time to react in a corrective action. Untreated, it will result in a long slow death, messy and painful.

If you swallowed all 10ml of 48mg solution, thus ingesting 480mg... You would first gag, followed by heavy bowel and bladder discharge, followed by a heart-attack, followed by convulsing on the floor while your nerves become saturated in signals as your heart pumps full-speed and your neurological chemistry slides into overdrive. Ultimately unable to take a full breath, your heart will eventually run-out of oxygenated blood to deliver throughout your body, and you will die. Just like a rat.

I wonder what the effect would be consuming heavily diluted nicotine in PG/VG would be. I know that stomach acid destroys nicotine and that the absorption would be much much slower relative to pure nicotine, so I wonder how much you would really need to do major damage.

I guarantee you it won't be me that finds out :)

Ramblin

ECF Veteran
Mar 26, 2009
Columbia, Missouri

TDM

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Apr 5, 2009

If a drop is as nasty as it is who would drink 10 ml???????????????

sMuCk_fOg

ECF Veteran
Feb 19, 2009
Lakewood,California - u$a

I didn't even know rats were vapers!

sMuCk_fOg

ECF Veteran
Feb 19, 2009
Lakewood,California - u$a
Normally, I wouldnt comment on another seller's product, for at the very least it's bad form. But, since I dont carry 48mg...

I gotta say, with the 48 I FINALLY found a fully satisfying vape. Vaping it straight, it's just a touch too stout for me, but not by much; I'll probably use it mixed with 36mg. Caution is most certainly required on the part of the user, for it's definately fierce, and if vaped straight should only be used in extreme moderation (spacing out the puffs and giving your body time to react so that you'll know if youre getting too much or not, etc). And, like with any product, there will always be someone out there that goes overboard or does something else similarly stupid and hurts themselves - that's why everything we have has to have all those legal warnings on them. One of my favorites is the one found on irons "Warning: Never iron clothes on the body."

All that being said, I'm very happy to have been able to get some of the 48 and am very grateful to the seller. Thank you, VapeMeister!

Note: if the seller, the mods, or SJ feel my post should be zapped, that's fine; I understand.

I've purchased 36mg juice from several different suppliers.
When I first started vaping I cut my juice by a third and didn't feel that I was getting enough nico to keep me analog free , so I started vaping it at 36 mg and have ever since. I was a two + packs a day Marlboro lite 100 smoker.

I can vape 36 mg juice for two weeks without an analog, but if I take a hit of an "lite" analog ,I get that great buzz that I got when I first started smoking.

I really believe that the original manufacturers of this juice we are using are actually not adding ANY nicotine to our juices period!
I could be wrong ,but this stuff does nothing for me at all
as far as a nicotine rush goes.

To test my theory I went 36 hrs. with no vape and no analog,then I filled up my 901 atty with
"X brand" Marlboro 36 mg ...and vaped the entire 3 drops...nothing.:mad:
But at least I'm remaining analog free due to the feeling of having something in my hand that produces something that at least "looks" like smoke.:thumb:

ArizonaVapin

ECF Veteran
May 9, 2009
US, AZ
To test my theory I went 36 hrs. with no vape and no analog,then I filled up my 901 atty with
"X brand" Marlboro 36 mg ...and vaped the entire 3 drops...nothing.:mad:

But at least I'm remaining analog free due to the feeling of having something in my hand that produces something that at least "looks" like smoke.:thumb:

Maybe Phillip Morris and Pfiser paid the FDA and customs to secretly replace our 36mg liquid with 0mg liquid at the border. :lol:

You might be confusing the "buzz" that you felt from the analog with dizziness from carbon monoxide. When I first tried 36mg I got a buzz pretty frequently. Now I only get that rush/buzz the first thing in the morning. Every morning I vape 36mg straight until I get the buzz and feel satisfied. Then I only vape a drag here and there for the rest of the day but never get a buzz. It is quite odd though that you get no nicotine rush at all from 36mg. Not sure why that is...

Harry Crazington

ECF Veteran
Jan 13, 2009
Las Vegas
I've purchased 36mg juice from several different suppliers.
When I first started vaping I cut my juice by a third and didn't feel that I was getting enough nico to keep me analog free , so I started vaping it at 36 mg and have ever since. I was a two + packs a day Marlboro lite 100 smoker.

I can vape 36 mg juice for two weeks without an analog, but if I take a hit of an "lite" analog ,I get that great buzz that I got when I first started smoking.

I really believe that the original manufacturers of this juice we are using are actually not adding ANY nicotine to our juices period!
I could be wrong ,but this stuff does nothing for me at all
as far as a nicotine rush goes.

"X brand" Marlboro 36 mg ...and vaped the entire 3 drops...nothing.
But at least I'm remaining analog free due to the feeling of having something in my hand that produces something that at least "looks" like smoke.
If you've ever chewed a piece of 4mg nicotine gum you probably noticed how it burns your tongue, then your throat, then you get the hiccups from the nicotine partially paralyzing your diaphragm, then you feel the nicotine 'buzz'. Well if you put a drop or two of eJuice on your tongue you feel the same type of burn, swallow and it burns your throat. You'd have to swallow X amount of eJuice to get that same 4mg of nicotine but you'd get the hiccups too. There's nicotine in the eJuice but the point is that it just dosen't vaporize very well. Not good enough to get as much as smoking a real cigarette unless you vape alot of juice. Even real cigarettes don't give you very much nicotine per cig, maybe 1mg or so per cig. Burning tobacco destroys almost all of the nicotine but you still do get some. Even just heating up eJuice destroys almost all of the nicotine, but you do get a little in your system. A lot of that morning buzz of no smoking for a period of time comes from the other chemicals in real cigarettes too, especially carbon monoxide. This article explains how ineffective the vaporizing of nicotine (cig or eCig) delivery really is... The Smoker's Club, Inc. Encyclopedia 16

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread