The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

WOW this is a pretty cool video of tar extraction

Discussion in 'Experiments With Equipment' started by tims, Jan 5, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. sl1pg8r

sl1pg8r Senior Member ECF Veteran

May 1, 2010
    The Internet
    That is simply amazing. Its a wonder I'm not seeping tar after the 18 years of smoking... seriously.

2. BillyP

BillyP Senior Member ECF Veteran

Oct 20, 2010
    Eugene
    lol...no not serious

3. boz

boz Senior Member ECF Veteran

Apr 25, 2010
    Brisbane Australia
    Man, I started smoking when I was 12, so that comes to 43 years of smoking. At my worst it was 100 a day but the last 20 years about 50 to 70 a day. If only vaping had been invented 40 years ago, imagine how much money I would have saved. Cigs cost a fortune in Australia, they are taxed so hard, the government is making a fortune off the misery of the users.

4. hairball

hairball ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 17, 2010
    Other Places
    I smoked close to 4 packs a day if not more for the last 15 years. Depended on what I was doing. I started when I was 12 stealing my parents cigs. I'm pushing 41. Makes me wonder what the inside of my lungs look like. I wish I would have had a chest x-ray before I quit and then a year from now to compare the two. That video is really gross. Makes me wonder how many tar balls I've had over the past 28 years.

5. AlmightyGod

AlmightyGod My friends call me A.G. Verified Member ECF Veteran

Nov 23, 2010
    Vaping Heaven
    I think I coughed up the equivalent during my first couple weeks off the habit.
    Once again, thank the Chinese for vaping!!!
    (Even though they tryed to poison my dog's food.....)

6. Nekoshi

Nekoshi Full Member

Dec 23, 2010
    TN
    And our toothpaste...

7. Liv2Ski

Liv2Ski Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 14, 2010
    Burnt Hills NY
    Add some fuel oil and that chunk of tar would make a nice driveway sealer.

8. Nekoshi

Nekoshi Full Member

Dec 23, 2010
    TN
    It just occurred to me as nasty as that probably was, imagine what it smelled like when he started cooking it off. I am so glad I am giving those things up.

9. beandean

beandean Senior Member

Mar 8, 2011
    Indianapolis,Indiana
    all i can say is *gag* yuck!!!!

10. VWFringe

VWFringe Senior Member ECF Veteran

(It captured what we'd exhale tho)

very powerfull cuz took me a minute to realize the point

even without the boiling process, that's a mighty load to ask a body to deal with...i don't wanna do that

:facepalm:

11. CountVapula

CountVapula Senior Member ECF Veteran

Mar 11, 2011
    MA
    repulsive. the part where he started to pull the tar apart and it looked like there was hair inside... made me cringe.

12. MASTER0FDAMPF

MASTER0FDAMPF Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Mar 22, 2011
    Philly
    I certainly didn't smoke half of the filter though. Quite a few of those the filter was mostly consumed. Burning cotton and the hard paper around the butt? certainly would affect the result. and then as mentioned previously, our bodies didn't filter nearly as well as he did. Still disturbing and disgusting.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.