WOW this is a pretty cool video of tar extraction

Status
Not open for further replies.

tims

ECF Veteran
May 27, 2009
PA, USA
Hello All....

Ok so I've been doing research on tobacco flavor, as some of you may know the flavor comes from, how much nic and tar is in natural tobacco.

I found this super cool video, of a guy extracting tar and nic I'm sure from 400 smokes. It shows how simple things can be done, when your able to think them through.

Extract Tar of 400 Cigarettes - Video

tims

ECF Veteran
May 27, 2009
PA, USA
I knew a women that smoked over a cart of smokes per day, she died right after she tried to stop smoking, a few people had that happen I guess their lungs was all tared up.

My gram died her heart fell apart from nic, from chain smoking unfiltered smokes, yep the nic made her heart fell apart from it. I'm sure people don't want to hear that about nic, but it's true it's a poison none the less.

shadow7

Jan 6, 2010
TN.
I used to be a nurse, and I'm sorry the nic, didn't make her heart fall apart. Now she may have had an enlarged heart due to some other disease, and her heart burst.

She had nic poisoning no doubt, tar on her lungs for sure.

I worked up in the cancer ward, about 85% of my patients that had cancer, never smoked a cig in their lives, your genes in your body has a lot to do with it also.

Sorry to hear about your gram, I lost my gram, and my mom also to this.

mr quackums

ECF Veteran
Dec 17, 2009
texas
1 cart = 200cigs

200/16 = 12.5 cigs per hour for every waking moment (assuming 8 hours of sleep)
that means firing up a new one every 4-5 mins.
possible if you chain smoked all the time, never went anywhere where you couldnt smoke, and/or didnt smoke a cig down to the .... before firing up a new one

and given all the smokers on the planet, i can see at least one of them being like this.

quasimod

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 19, 2009
Joplin, MO - USA
[...] possible if you chain smoked all the time, never went anywhere where you couldnt smoke [...]

Like the shower?

I guess if you let a lot of 'em burn up in the ashtray, have 2 going at once, that sort of thing. I used to smoke 3 packs of Kools per day, and I smoked 'em almost down to the filter. My standard joke was, "I'd smoke more, but I just don't have the time, ha ha". (shudder)

LowThudd

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 2, 2010
I am a GUY from L.A. not girl. lol
For the record, while unlikely to smoke 10 packs a day, it is possible. The late Deadliest Catch star Captain Phil reportedly smoked ten packs a day, along w/ his gallon of coffee. No doubt a big part of the reason he had a stroke. I could never get past 5 packs a day myself, but I smoked each one to the ..... I've known alot of people who don't smoke down to the filter, they tend to smoke more, but inhale less smoke. So, yes Switched, unlikely but possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread