The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

WOW this is a pretty cool video of tar extraction

Discussion in 'Experiments With Equipment' started by tims, Jan 5, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. tims

tims Senior Member ECF Veteran

May 27, 2009
    PA, USA
    Hello All....

Ok so I've been doing research on tobacco flavor, as some of you may know the flavor comes from, how much nic and tar is in natural tobacco.

I found this super cool video, of a guy extracting tar and nic I'm sure from 400 smokes. It shows how simple things can be done, when your able to think them through.

Extract Tar of 400 Cigarettes - Video

2. Skyler

Skyler Super Member ECF Veteran

Nov 28, 2009
    Texas
    400 cigs was just 8 days for me. Over decades of smoking you would think the tar would remain permanent in your lungs. We are lucky that our lungs can rejuvenate after time. That video will make people think twice about smoking. It is really revolting.

3. The Mosh

The Mosh Moved On

Jan 5, 2010
    kansas city
    Wow, that's pretty heavy.
    Although, I think it's misleading, unless you're going to assume that anyone is going to smoke two cartons of cigarettes, in a few minutes... or even a day, for that matter.

4. tims

tims Senior Member ECF Veteran

May 27, 2009
    PA, USA
    I knew a women that smoked over a cart of smokes per day, she died right after she tried to stop smoking, a few people had that happen I guess their lungs was all tared up.

My gram died her heart fell apart from nic, from chain smoking unfiltered smokes, yep the nic made her heart fell apart from it. I'm sure people don't want to hear that about nic, but it's true it's a poison none the less.

5. shadow7

shadow7 Full Member

Jan 6, 2010
    TN.
    I used to be a nurse, and I'm sorry the nic, didn't make her heart fall apart. Now she may have had an enlarged heart due to some other disease, and her heart burst.

She had nic poisoning no doubt, tar on her lungs for sure.

I worked up in the cancer ward, about 85% of my patients that had cancer, never smoked a cig in their lives, your genes in your body has a lot to do with it also.

Sorry to hear about your gram, I lost my gram, and my mom also to this.

6. OMB

OMB Senior Member ECF Veteran

Dec 9, 2009
    Western NC
    Oh Gawd!! Can you imagine what that smelled like???? Cig butts in water/beer bottles are nasty....but 400??? In 1 jar???? I wanted to gag while I was seeing that! Ewwwwwwww!

7. quasimod

quasimod Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Oct 19, 2009
    Joplin, MO - USA
    Is it possible you misunderstood what somebody told you about this woman? I'm not trying to be a jerk here, but that comes very close to being physically impossible.

8. Fataliya

Fataliya Senior Member ECF Veteran

Oct 18, 2009
    Tampa, FL
    Is there another link to this video that isn't so grainy? I could't really see much.

9. mr quackums

mr quackums Senior Member ECF Veteran

Dec 17, 2009
    texas
    1 cart = 200cigs

200/16 = 12.5 cigs per hour for every waking moment (assuming 8 hours of sleep)
    that means firing up a new one every 4-5 mins.
    possible if you chain smoked all the time, never went anywhere where you couldnt smoke, and/or didnt smoke a cig down to the butt before firing up a new one

and given all the smokers on the planet, i can see at least one of them being like this.

10. cyberwolfrob

cyberwolfrob Super Member ECF Veteran

Oct 17, 2009
    Spokane,Wa
    Just one of the reasons why smoking is bad for you

11. quasimod

Oct 19, 2009
    Joplin, MO - USA
    Like the shower?

I guess if you let a lot of 'em burn up in the ashtray, have 2 going at once, that sort of thing. I used to smoke 3 packs of Kools per day, and I smoked 'em almost down to the filter. My standard joke was, "I'd smoke more, but I just don't have the time, ha ha". (shudder)

12. whimzkool

whimzkool Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Nov 29, 2009
    DFW
    Seems odd to handle it with bare hands.

13. Shotline

Shotline Senior Member ECF Veteran

Jul 1, 2010
    Idaho
    That had me giggling......he wore gloves when he opened the cartons and packs but was bare handed when he was handling the tar and nicotine.:laugh:

14. most_wanted

most_wanted Full Member

Aug 6, 2010
    NH, USA
    Thanks God and my PV also...I already quit smoking...;)

15. hazmattack

hazmattack Full Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Nov 20, 2009
    silver city nv
    Wow,
    I can't beleive I did that for 22 years...ugghhh

16. LowThudd

LowThudd Vaping Master ECF Veteran

For the record, while unlikely to smoke 10 packs a day, it is possible. The late Deadliest Catch star Captain Phil reportedly smoked ten packs a day, along w/ his gallon of coffee. No doubt a big part of the reason he had a stroke. I could never get past 5 packs a day myself, but I smoked each one to the butt. I've known alot of people who don't smoke down to the filter, they tend to smoke more, but inhale less smoke. So, yes Switched, unlikely but possible.

17. IndieVisible

IndieVisible Senior Member ECF Veteran

Aug 24, 2010
    USA
    Interesting video, thanks for sharing.

18. Meggalette

Meggalette Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jul 22, 2010
    Herrin, Illinois
    Great video. That was beyond disgusting.

19. BillyP

BillyP Senior Member ECF Veteran

Oct 20, 2010
    Eugene
    So thats where our nic juice comes from

20. quasimod

Oct 19, 2009
    Joplin, MO - USA
    Wow. Seriously?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.