Youde Goblin Mini

Status
Not open for further replies.

davevape55

ECF Veteran
Jun 24, 2015
Nevada City, CA.
www.google.com
Have 2 g.mini's with dual ti. setups 10-11 wraps non-spaced 2.5mm Kuro at .258ohm liking this.Set temp to 380far. at 22watts and good for my lungs which are fried from smoking cigs too long.Just you letting guys know incase your like me that has trouble with heat, you can get alot of vapor with Ti.Will have a cool setup when I get my Tips from England(BigTips) with g.mini VT200.

Reactions: Wackyjak

davevape55

ECF Veteran
Jun 24, 2015
Nevada City, CA.
www.google.com
Goblin Mini on a Stingray Mech in 18350 mode :)That is so cool!So classy.

pdpch45kz45ds5c6g.jpg

10h2d46mh372eeo6g.jpg

ffhd8oomt65ncyb6g.jpg

Reactions: The.Drifter

cheech226

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 6, 2014
Baton Rouge, LA. USA
made my first dual coil build with my goblin mini. i used 8.5 wraps at 2.4 mm of 26 ga titanium 1. my koopor mini reads at .18 ohms. i'm pretty sure i over wicked but the vapor production and flavor are some better than my stm. great little tank here! i did have to fiddle with the coils for a while to get them firing even but wtf, it's a learning curve.

mycarsifarst

ECF Veteran
Sep 24, 2011
Houston, Texas
Picked up the tank two days ago and I'm in love. Everything looks so clean with it sitting on top of my SMPL clone.

I've tried several builds - the best I've come across has been dual coils using 26g Nichrome80, 7/6 wrap around a 3/32 screwdriver. My build measures out to 0.28 ohms. It's a hot vape, but I love it and it's so flavorful. Luckily I haven't had any dry hits or leaking on the current setup.

A quick tip to those with wicking problems - I cut my wick tails with the bottom blade of my scissors resting against the deck such that the blade "bridges" the juice channel cutouts. Then I make another cut with the scissors perpendicular to the posts to get the excess. Lightly juice it up and screw on the chimney. This method works the best for me compared to cutting after screwing on the chimney - that just gave me dry hit after dry hit...

Reactions: davevape55

davevape55

ECF Veteran
Jun 24, 2015
Nevada City, CA.
www.google.com
made my first dual coil build with my goblin mini. i used 8.5 wraps at 2.4 mm of 26 ga titanium 1. my koopor mini reads at .18 ohms. i'm pretty sure i over wicked but the vapor production and flavor are some better than my stm. great little tank here! i did have to fiddle with the coils for a while to get them firing even but ..., it's a learning curve.
Sounds good. Its a learning curve but easily to get over. After a little time the setbacks are nothing. I have 12 in total and use the all the time often changing flavor's.

b.m.

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 30, 2014
Ohio
Good deal. I have some authentics and some clones. I like the auth's black(to date) and use them mostly. Did find a drip tip supplier on ebay who has tips for $15 that are screw on. Ordered 2 to see if there worth it. Will let you guys know.
I would normally never pay that much for a drip tip,but they have a 2 tone green swirled one that would look sick on my black mini.I'm going to get one of those,and a green glass,to give it a true goblin look with the black and green haha.

sacullen

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 7, 2014
Chicago, IL, USA
Crispy Caps finally restocked their GMini tips. I ordered a couple for my black ones and I'm hoping they're good. Price is certainly better at $12.

And if you want to spend 50% more on a tip than the atty itself, Lightning Vapes has most of their acrylic ones back in stock. They're awesome, but $$$.

tedigram

ECF Veteran
Sep 14, 2015
Brooklyn
Crispy Caps finally restocked their GMini tips. I ordered a couple for my black ones and I'm hoping they're good. Price is certainly better at $12.

And if you want to spend 50% more on a tip than the atty itself, Lightning Vapes has most of their acrylic ones back in stock. They're awesome, but $$$.

Oh man I had no idea anybody but Lightning Vapes had Gmini tips. It's a shame the Crispy Caps are so wide though, I cannot get into a drip tip that's almost as wide as the tank lol. All I want is a delrin the same dimensions as the original glass one, but a couple mm longer. Ah well.

westhc

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 13, 2013
San Francisco Bay Area, CA, USA
Just got one of these and have a basic question.
Is there a trick to fitting the single coil adapter into the base?
I cannot get the flange on the silicone part of the adapter to fit into the air hole slot.
I have tried with the metal top piece both on and off.
adapter.jpg

I have not tried a build yet since I need daylight to work with/see small details - this weekend.
Thanks for the help.

msrfrog

ECF Veteran
Mar 16, 2014
Catskill NY
I cannot get the flange on the silicone part of the adapter to fit into the air hole slot.
View attachment 515180
I have not tried a build yet since I need daylight to work with/see small details - this weekend.
Thanks for the help.
Is it a clone or original? I have three clones. One is very good quality like the original and two cheap ones. The cheap ones are close to being disposable. That might be your problem.

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

westhc

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 13, 2013
San Francisco Bay Area, CA, USA
Is it a clone or original?
I believe it is a clone. Everything else seems fine. It comes apart and goes back together smoothly, the drip tip adapter is secure, the screws seem to be smooth.
I will have to look at it in the daylight.
I was hoping there was a trick to seating the adapter that I was missing.

msrfrog

ECF Veteran
Mar 16, 2014
Catskill NY
I believe it is a clone. Everything else seems fine. It comes apart and goes back together smoothly, the drip tip adapter is secure, the screws seem to be smooth.
I will have to look at it in the daylight.
I was hoping there was a trick to seating the adapter that I was missing.
It kind of just fits in if I'm remembering correctly. I don't use it after trying the dual coil set up. Its so much better with the air flow .

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

mycarsifarst

ECF Veteran
Sep 24, 2011
Houston, Texas
So after experimenting with Nichrome in the GM, I have come to the conclusion that it's too hot of a wire for the tank. If I build to a reasonably low resistance (0.2-0.3), the beginning of the vape is nice and warm...the end is burnt - which means I can only take short drags that are not my preferred method of vaping. If I build to a higher resistance, it's too cool for my liking.

Over the last day, I've put in:
Quad 28g kanthal (2mm, 9wrap, 0.32 ohms) - did not like...too cool again and relatively low surface area...
Dual twisted 28g kanthal (2.5mm, 5wrap, 0.35 ohms) - loving it so far (a couple of hours on the build so far). This finally feels like the right amount of heat along with the ability to take a longer drag without scorching the cotton. Flavor is great due to the huge surface area (comparatively to my other builds).

I am loving this tank. @sacullen, thanks for the mention of Crispy Caps - I've got one coming in this Saturday. I'll post some pics once I get it some others can get a size reference.

davevape55

ECF Veteran
Jun 24, 2015
Nevada City, CA.
www.google.com
View attachment 515180
Thanks for the help.
(Lol). I to had one that was a ..... to get in. I ended up destroying one of is legs and tossed it.

davevape55

ECF Veteran
Jun 24, 2015
Nevada City, CA.
www.google.com
Not sure if this has been posted, but here is a replacement spares kit
Goblin Mini replacement spares set - Creme de Vape
I put in a product request at fasttech for it also asking to include the tiny o-ring for the bottom screw.
Yeah ..I could use some spares too.I ordered lots of different sized M2,M2.5 philips screws and Grubs from Bolt Base on Ebay but looking at some the screw heads are to big to sit next to each other on top of the posts.If anyone finds good stainless post screws for the g.mini please let me know.Thanks

Reactions: Fullknight
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread