Status
Not open for further replies.

AnsonJames

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 23, 2011
IRELAND
Obviously the photos I've seen are of the real thing and not the clone, I'm assuming this will be the first of many clones of the ZNA.
I wonder if it will have a hologram with 'not made by Zen -made in China' written on it?

Dna 30 Zna-Dna 30 Zna Manufacturers, Suppliers and Exporters on Alibaba.comCircuit Breakers

33pf3g4.png

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
There was one up on the classies yesterday, Dirk. Not cheap though, as you indicated.

It's overkill for me. I ended up selling all my DNA20's but one, which I keep around as a beater. I'm a wimp-vaper so they're not worth the price tag to me. Just for me, is of what I speak (of course).

And I agree with you 100% on the economic factors. Quality is impacted too though, as I know you know. The funny thing is that since I've stopped buying the cheapies (well over a year now), I've had nothing break. Go figure! ;)

The ongoing and continuously-reducing cost of my Provaris (the oldest stuff on my lot) is currently at $7.45 per month. I have to say that I got my money's worth...

I wonder how low they'll go.

graffiti

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 23, 2014
CT
I still want the real one - if I can ever find one.

Supply and demand (lack of the former) and a hefty price tag is like a red rag to a Bull for the cloners.
Once you factor the cost of US labor and a small profit, it's nigh on impossible to compete with Chinese pricing.

Therein lies the problem.

I think most people would be willing to pay for an authentic version. I probably would (well, maybe not, in the interviews I've seen Zen appears to be an egotistical d-bag and I wouldn't want to support him) but you can never buy one.

If the real ones were readily available, I'm guessing cloners wouldn't have nearly the market that they currently do.

graffiti

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 23, 2014
CT
I cant wait does anyone know the release date?

There's questions as to whether it's even real at this point. Apparently a Redditor contacted the manufacturer and the reps didn't know anything about the ZNA. There's some concern that they're confused as to the difference between a ZNA mod and a dna chip.

Riverboat

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 15, 2012
Arizona
Therein lies the problem.

I think most people would be willing to pay for an authentic version. I probably would (well, maybe not, in the interviews I've seen Zen appears to be an egotistical d-bag and I wouldn't want to support him) but you can never buy one.

If the real ones were readily available, I'm guessing cloners wouldn't have nearly the market that they currently do.

Zen is far from egotistical...Genius maybe... ZNA's are not that hard to get, just keep an eye on the ElectroNicStix Facebook page. ENS announces the time they go live (At least 3 hours before)... When it gets close keep refreshing the ENS ZNA page... I have been able to buy 3... I bought 1 for me and then 1 for a friend then 1 for other friend--all at different times, sold @ cost.... Zen has been knocking them out since 1/16/14, he has released approx. 1300 ZNA's ...............So its not like they aren't available.....

Those clones are a joke, just look at the specs:
•Compact size ~ 3.1" x 2.1" x 1" Aluminum body Not Stainless Steel like a ZNA.
•Custom milled display screen with a flush fit to the outside of the box
•2400 mAh Li-po
•Flush 510 connector
•Flush dome style Fire Button The picture is a ZNA I would like to see what the clone really looks like.
•7 - 30 watts
•4 - 8.3 volts
•0.4 - 3.0Ω Atomizer Resistance
•On-board USB charging @500mA Uses an internal battery charging with a USB port.
•LED shows Red while charging and Green when fully charged
•Micro USB wall charger & USB dust cover included

Last edited:

graffiti

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 23, 2014
CT
When it gets close keep refreshing the ENS ZNA page...

Some of us don't have the desire or time to play the F5 game. If I'm dropping $280 on a product, I don't want to have to wonder if I will get lucky enough to be able to spend my money. I won't play that game with mechs, nor will I do it with regulated devices.

They're available as in 'he's still making them' but there certainly not available like the VS DNA or any Innokin or Joyetech piece.

Riverboat

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 15, 2012
Arizona
Some of us don't have the desire or time to play the F5 game. If I'm dropping $280 on a product, I don't want to have to wonder if I will get lucky enough to be able to spend my money. I won't play that game with mechs, nor will I do it with regulated devices.

They're available as in 'he's still making them' but there certainly not available like the VS DNA or any Innokin or Joyetech piece.

Come on that's over 400 a month.. They aren't that hard to get as I was able to get one every time I tried...F5 for a minute before they go live, no big deal..... You want one of those mods you listed? Not me, I don't buy junk. And the VS-not a fan of an internal battery with only 1200 mAh....... And yes I own a Provari too...lol:laugh:

Last edited:

Mezrein

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 22, 2013
Oregon
I understand what he's saying about not readily avialable. I can get a Provari of my choice in 3 days right now, tomorrow, next week or next month. Zna I have 3 hours notice that it's coming. When I bought my russian I at least was able to preorder then I knew I had one coming without breaking a keyboard. 400 units a month is not a lot considering the demand is closer to 3 times that need a month. As much as I want a zna ill probably either never get one, or I'll be forced to clone like I did with my kfl because I was tired of waiting...

P.S
My clone kfl has been rock solid and out performs my 100$ russian

Sent while on the move with Tapatalk

graffiti

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 23, 2014
CT
I can get a Provari of my choice in 3 days right now, tomorrow, next week or next month.

See, ProVape is smart. They invested in manufacturing capacity, something Zen is apparently unwilling to do. He'd rather keep supply down to keep his prices up.

What I don't understand is why he thinks it's smarter to sell, for example, 200 units a month at a $100 profit than 800 units at a $50 profit.

And don't try to tell me it's because his tolerances are so high, if that were the case the V1 wouldn't have had gaps on some attys.

LDS714

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 27, 2013
Nashville, TN, USA
See, ProVape is smart. They invested in manufacturing capacity, something Zen is apparently unwilling to do. He'd rather keep supply down to keep his prices up.

What I don't understand is why he thinks it's smarter to sell, for example, 200 units a month at a $100 profit than 800 units at a $50 profit.

And don't try to tell me it's because his tolerances are so high, if that were the case the V1 wouldn't have had gaps on some attys.

Ummmm... Not so sure about Zen being unwilling to invest in manufacturing capacity. From the interview and video that pbusardo did at his facility, I see easily a million-plus dollars worth of equipment, a lot of it new...

graffiti

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 23, 2014
CT
Ummmm... Not so sure about Zen being unwilling to invest in manufacturing capacity. From the interview and video that pbusardo did at his facility, I see easily a million-plus dollars worth of equipment, a lot of it new...

There are much easier and cheaper ways to increase production. Like dealing with any one of the hundreds of machine shops that would be more than willing to do contract work for him.

KAS129

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 21, 2013
Columbus, OH, USA
Also worth noting is the DNA 30 boards in the ZNA are not made by him. Evolve would also have to ramp up production for it to make any difference in his production. This is where Provape outshines the other high end regulated mod makers. You can argue that the VV board is outdated, but they control production of their boards. Their production is not limited by somebody else's capacity. If he ever hopes to meet demand for his product ZEN needs to get to the point that his capacity is the bottleneck in production. This is where the Chinese manufacturers are going to clean up in the DNA market. They have the capacity to supply the boards in sufficient quantities to meet Mod Makers demands. People will get tired of waiting for the Unicorn to show up on the 1 site that is allowed to sell it online and opt for the available and functionally identical alternative.

LDS714

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 27, 2013
Nashville, TN, USA
There are much easier and cheaper ways to increase production. Like dealing with any one of the hundreds of machine shops that would be more than willing to do contract work for him.
That's a horse of a different color. I was simply commenting on the statement about being unwilling to invest in manufacturing capacity based on an observation I had made.

Subcontracting is a whole different thing altogether.

AnsonJames

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 23, 2011
IRELAND

So he's doing the age old mod maker trick - and holding back units to increase demand?

brekec88

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 14, 2014
US
Also worth noting is the DNA 30 boards in the ZNA are not made by him. Evolve would also have to ramp up production for it to make any difference in his production. This is where Provape outshines the other high end regulated mod makers. You can argue that the VV board is outdated, but they control production of their boards. Their production is not limited by somebody else's capacity. If he ever hopes to meet demand for his product ZEN needs to get to the point that his capacity is the bottleneck in production. This is where the Chinese manufacturers are going to clean up in the DNA market. They have the capacity to supply the boards in sufficient quantities to meet Mod Makers demands. People will get tired of waiting for the Unicorn to show up on the 1 site that is allowed to sell it online and opt for the available and functionally identical alternative.

You have good points in there and some ones I don't agree with. The ZNA (or Hana, DB, VS or anything with a dna 30) is hard to get because of the availability of the DNA 30 chip itself. Evolv is an american company (fairly new one at that) and can only pump out so many. Your 100% right about that.

Your thoughts on the availability of cna 30 clones is going to hurt HoH or Hana... I pretty much guarantee you it won't. Did clone kayfuns hurt SoveoMesto? Most people who buy clones either A) were never going to shell out the money for a real one or B) will like the clone but realize the quality is lacking and get a real one. Theres already devices with cna 20 chips in them and they get bad reviews. What makes you think the cna 30 will be any better? Most vape gear from china is inferior, just a fact, and I don't think they gained some great insight into manufacturing and quality control over the asian new year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread