Zen ZNA clones coming...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pclarity

Verified Member
Nov 2, 2014
Fairfax County VA
Maybe these can help? I tossed the little booklet that came with it though.

The screw is silver in color and won't stick to a magnet.

Also noticed the packaging on this is reversed then the one you had posted.

Thanks for the pics. Mine is def not a Robbot going by that sticker. Mine just has a signed QC sticker in that spot unlabeled, though it might simply be unbranded. I really doubt that though.

Sir Pouncival

Verified Member
Nov 3, 2014
Indianapolis, IN, USA
I just bought one of these from a local B&M. It was advertised as a Cloupor clone, but it came in the box that someone posted above and it has just the QC sticker on it in the inside as well. The top cap pin is brass and adjustable, but fidgety. You screw the pin in and out. It won't give me a volt reading (says 0.0v). Vapes pretty good so far.

Last edited:

Sir Pouncival

Verified Member
Nov 3, 2014
Indianapolis, IN, USA
I just looked at some Cloupor dna clones online and it is definitely not one of those. Mystery clone! Great...

I also forgot to mention that you can see the soldering underneath the delrin ring on top of the battery under top cap. It makes the plate crooked. Oh well... we shall see how it lasts.

Edited to say that it does show the volt output while firing. But it is darn finicky. I keep having to adjust the pin.

Last edited:

Pclarity

Verified Member
Nov 2, 2014
Fairfax County VA
I just looked at some Cloupor dna clones online and it is definitely not one of those. Mystery clone! Great...

I also forgot to mention that you can see the soldering underneath the delrin ring on top of the battery under top cap. It makes the plate crooked. Oh well... we shall see how it lasts.

Edited to say that it does show the volt output while firing. But it is darn finicky. I keep having to adjust the pin.

Yours sounds exactly like mine. Down to the soldering under the top cap.

cores

Verified Member
Dec 24, 2014
I finally dropped an Evolv DNA40 chip in the Robbott 1-to-1 version. It took a little time to disassemble and reassemble the unit, but the upgrade was very easy to do - just a little soldering.

Insulated the chip from the case with a piece of electrical tape, and replaced one wire that ran from the chip to the +Bat connector. Done.

All the buttons work just fine. But I might open it back up to lift the firing button ever so slightly - likely a drop of epoxy or a build up with super glue should do it.

Last edited:

ricks

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 11, 2011
Moscow PA
I finally dropped an Evolv DNA40 chip in the Robbott 1-to-1 version. It took a little time to disassemble and reassemble the unit, but the whole thing was very easy to do with just a little soldering.

Insulated the chip from the case with a piece of electrical tape, and replaced one wire that ran from the chip to the 510 connector. Done.

Got any pics of your work? I need to get a chip for one of my ZNA clones that died.

cores

Verified Member
Dec 24, 2014
Got any pics of your work? I need to get a chip for one of my ZNA clones that died.

Hi Ricks,
Sorry I didn't think to take any images. But I did look at this Replacing the DNA board in a ZNA | The Vapers Shed to figure out how to disassemble the unit. Theres a pin out schematic for the DNA40 chip on evolv's website if you need it. If your comfortable with a little soldering, it's a fairly easy project.

The only thing I did different than the guide was with the black plastic bracket the author shows on his Nov 7, 2014 8:09am post. I cut off most of the black plastic bracket that sits under the chip and left only a small U of plastic right around the firing button. I than slapped a piece of electrical tape on the DNA chip to protect it from shorting out against the case. I didn't drill out the case like the author, and it fit together just fine. And I replaced all wires with 18 gauge wire which also fit just peachy.

I might go back into it and place a tiny dab of epoxy on the metal firing lever where it contacts the firing button. Just to lift out the firing lever the slightest bit (.5mm). But it's really splitting hairs at that point.

The Evolv DNA 40 chip with the small screen (there are small and large screen variants) drop right into the Robbot 50 (only 1 wire has to be extended). I really do like this DNA40 chip with temperature sensing coils. Yet if you just want the Robbot 50w chip for 20, I have a spare here, PM me.

IMG_20150303_022518.jpg
IMG_20150303_022550.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: ricks

cores

Verified Member
Dec 24, 2014
Hi Ricks,
Sorry I didn't think to take any images. But I did look at this Replacing the DNA board in a ZNA | The Vapers Shed to figure out how to disassemble the unit. Theres a pin out schematic for the DNA40 chip on evolv's website if you need it. If your comfortable with a little soldering, it's a fairly easy project.

The only thing I did different than the guide was with the black plastic bracket the author shows on his Nov 7, 2014 8:09am post. I cut off most of the black plastic bracket that sits under the chip and left only a small U of plastic right around the firing button. I than slapped a piece of electrical tape on the DNA chip to protect it from shorting out against the case. I didn't drill out the case like the author, and it fit together just fine. And I replaced all wires with 18 gauge wire which also fit just peachy.

I might go back into it and place a tiny dab of epoxy on the metal firing lever where it contacts the firing button. Just to lift out the firing lever the slightest bit (.5mm). But it's really splitting hairs at that point.

The Evolv DNA 40 chip with the small screen (there are small and large screen variants) drop right into the Robbot 50 (only 1 wire has to be extended). I really do like this DNA40 chip with temperature sensing coils. Yet if you just want the Robbot 50w chip for 20, I have a spare here, PM me.

View attachment 416798
View attachment 416799

Little update. I placed a drop of the epoxy directly on the metal firing lever and used sandpaper to knock off the highpoints. The firing lever now sits perfect on the device. I've used it as my goto device for 2 months now and haven't had any problems with it.

The Evolv 40w chip does go through a lot of batteries when its in temperature sensing mode.

Last edited:
Reactions: ricks
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread