• Deleted by classwife
  • Reason: Rules

Nikkita6

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 7, 2011
New York
I thought for sure that the forums would be going crazy right now about the ZNA30 clone, but its so quiet. :confused: Outside of an old friend who has the authentic, I don't know a whole lot about the ZNA30, but I will soon find out if this clone is worth damn.

My expectations are reasonable being that its a first batch release, but I am very excited to have one coming.

PLANofMAN

Signature Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 9, 2012
Woodburn, OR
I almost ordered one too, but will continue to hold out for a real one or for positive reviews of the clone, whichever comes first. :)
I can order a single one from China direct from the manufacturers, for about $100 (price includes shipping) or I can order from eBay, for about the same price, and get it sooner.

Keep us informed.

Ryuukon

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 19, 2013
Wyoming, USA
Zen has been knocking them out since 1/16/14, he has released approx. 1300 ZNA's ...............So its not like they aren't available.....

Actually you're wrong. They just... aren't... available...

I'm sorry if I don't have the time to troll their FB page to watch for when ZNAs are going up for sale, then spend the next 3 hours hitting refresh on their website all for the hope of putting my info in fast enough and hitting purchase before other people do. And if you think 1300 ZNAs is anywhere CLOSE to meeting demand... well I'll just put it politely. You're wrong.

And let's not ignore the scalpers. You know, the guys that buy several of them and then toss them up on Ebay for twice the price. HoH already put a message up saying this was a problem and they are FINALLY doing something to combat it.

Look, people want the ZNA. They are willing to pay for the ZNA. And there are a HELL of a lot more than 1300 people who are willing to shell out the cash. Yet the supply just isn't there. THAT is why the cloners come out in droves.

Granted, I will never buy a cloned ZNA. That's like buying a cloned Provari. You buy a ZNA or a Provari for the quality and the craftsmanship, neither of which you're going to get out of a clone.

[Edit]

Crud... I replied to a necro...

Last edited:

AnsonJames

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 23, 2011
IRELAND

You're not kidding -factory authorized edition?

So the Chi-NA clone is finally in the states, at least a sample of one has landed. I am very pleased they used Z2 threading and they maintained the same tube length. It is as close to a 1-1 clone as they can probably manage at the price point.

IF they are using the "dna clone" board that is in the CHANA it is important that people who are considering this purchase understand that the device will have NO battery condition monitoring or any of the safety features associated with the battery monitoring circuit. It does have a battery level meter... this is not the same thing as condition monitoring.

I am looking forward to the many number of people that will now get to experience the Z2 system at china prices. People entering the system from this direction will be able to add accessories from the existing Z2 lineup to personalize their Chi-NA, and if they decide to continue on and purchase an Authentic ZNA, the purchase of the accessories will not be a wasted effort. They will slide right onto the real device.

I will be contacting the manufacturer to see what we can do about getting access to these for certification as a factory authorized edition.

We live in a global economy. We have to embrace change. For those of you that feel they have stolen my design, it is true... they have... but the important thing about being in this industry is that devices like this save lives by helping people free themselves of their dependency on cigarettes and combustible tobacco.

If you are concerned about the effect this will have on my business and the livelihoods of my employees, please encourage the purchasers of the Chi-NA to accessorize with genuine ZenKote parts. I do ask that you NOT alienate people that make the choice to own a Chi-NA.

It took them 8 months to knock this one off... that's a long time in this industry, but we all knew it would happen. I am not going to file lawsuits against the resellers as others have done. I am not going to threaten the manufacturer in any way. If the American public wants to buy a knock-off of my design then they are going to buy it, no matter what I do. This is the world we live in, and I intend to embrace change.

dr g

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Mar 12, 2012
Paradise
Well that's a pretty Zen take on it (nyuk nyuk).

The only thing I disagree with is the shot at those litigating, rampant counterfeiting is NOT the world we live in ... few other industries are as riddled with it as vaping. It's great that he can afford to take this position but he's in the minority. So taking that shot may belie his apparent benevolence.

I actually had the exact same idea, believe it or not.

tc1

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 26, 2011
Ohio
rampant counterfeiting is NOT the world we live in ... few other industries are as riddled with it as vaping.

I disagree. You may just feel this way because you are CLOSE to the vaping community. Ask someone into antiques, collectibles, coins, watches, high-end designer wear, etc etc if counterfeiting is prevalent.

Anything and just about everything of value is counterfeited.

dr g

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Mar 12, 2012
Paradise
I disagree. You may just feel this way because you are CLOSE to the vaping community. Ask someone into antiques, collectibles, coins, watches, high-end designer wear, etc etc if counterfeiting is prevalent.

Anything and just about everything of value is counterfeited.

Prevalent? No way. In our industry counterfeiting is open and common, and legitimate online and B&M businesses traffic in counterfeits openly across the nation.

Last edited:

msgnyc

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2013
United States
Hopefully mine should be arriving soon. Preordered awhile back with Vaportek. Unfortunately no Real ZNA to compare it to as I was never fast enough with F5 to get one and have givin up.. XD

More people for Zen to sell $60 battery tubes to, of course he's happy!
Pretty Much. :p

Last edited:

dr g

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Mar 12, 2012
Paradise
Hopefully mine should be arriving soon. Preordered awhile back with Vaportek. Unfortunately no Real ZNA to compare it to as I was never fast enough with F5 to get one and have givin up.. XD

Pretty Much. :p

Vaportek ... not too smart, those guys. Already sued over clones and bringing in more. They are lucky Zen isn't going to do the same thing to them.

peterforpats

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 3, 2013
rounding third and heading home...
wow, all those lawsuits must be slowing down the influx of all those chinese clones.....NOT! it is the neverending debate in the forums- i would buy the original if it were available.as they are always "out of stock", why not buy a clone and see if you like the design in your hand? you can always buy the original if it becomes available but $70 for the zgripper is not a bad way to introduce yourself to that mod. i bought a real protovapor because it wasn't that difficult to purchase one. i haven't seen a clone for the xpv but if i couldn't get the real thing and a clone was out there i would not hesitate to buy one and see if i even like the form factor. turns out i love it and have a real one but i don't begrudge anyone who wants a real one of anything but can't score it. not all of us has all day to stalk a website to be there when the rare few show up for sale.that's the way it is and the way it will always be so the purists had better learn to live with it....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread