Status
Not open for further replies.

Iffy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 3, 2011
Florida Suncoast
I might need to let go of one Genisis. :mad: The Talos will be available soon. Can't have to much equipment sitting around.

lalala.gif

elbertdee

Resting In Peace
Apr 29, 2012
California
I never EVER get tired of reading stories like yours jj2.

I personally am the biggest bonehead in this forum. After smoking for nearly 10 years, I quit for 11 years and even ran two Chicago Marathons during that period, I then took up smoking again and proceeded to have a heart attack at the age of 47. I continued to smoke after my heart attack (despite repeated attempts to quit) and then, thank God, discovered vaping last year. Seriously, can anyone be more boneheaded than that?

My Mother smoked for 20 or so years and quit. 10 years later my sister was getting married and mom started smoking again.
She told me in that 10 years a day never went by that she did not want a tobacco cig.
wish E had been around then.

Im onlyat end of week 2.
And I still have 2-4 tobaccos and slowly my body is backing off wanting the tobacco.

I got the small order of flavor and juice today.

I really like Dr. Pepper. The firt little batch was 2 light on the flavor so I added some more in. 70/30 and Dr. Pepper.
Never ever in my wildest dream think I would really enjoy vaping a Dr. Pepper flavored juice. Bit Well I LIKE IT.
Even the slightly weak stuff I mixed
I am still bumfusled by the fact that It is really nice.

What is the best way to fill the Boge cartos?

Will non flavored Nic change the taste of the Dr Pepper?

Semiretired

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 24, 2011
Middle Georgia
Will non flavored Nic change the taste of the Dr Pepper?

I have never done it with Dr. Pepper, but with other flavors I have taste vaped - 0 nic had more flavor... The nic actually over rides part of the flavor...

Where did you get the Dr. Pepper flavoring. I tried one - cannot remember who's it was - I think TFA, but it did not impress me...

elbertdee

Resting In Peace
Apr 29, 2012
California
I have never done it with Dr. Pepper, but with other flavors I have taste vaped - 0 nic had more flavor... The nic actually over rides part of the flavor...

Where did you get the Dr. Pepper flavoring. I tried one - cannot remember who's it was - I think TFA, but it did not impress me...
got it from One Stop DIY Shop Store it is a Flavor West Flavoring

If It continues to taste as good to me in a few days.
I mixed up a small bit with 25 flavor and then after trying added some more Dr. P
I will probably order some more from them and 1 other place to see how they compare.
Im still surprised .

moishesmom

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 27, 2012
west bloomfield
Have you tried the 3ml bottom coil Phoenix. Mine has been working real good so far and I've refilled it about 5 times.
No I Haven't - I like the idea of the 3ml. - never tried a bottom coil either. Do they get that lovely burnt flavor & can they be cleaned w/o all the hassle?

elbertdee

Resting In Peace
Apr 29, 2012
California
I used a syring to fill the cartomizer. That worked best for me. Did not like the condom method very much.
At one point I bought those clear ones just to learn and get a glue how to best work with the syringes.
Thanks

Syringes..... I hate needles
I have no syringe. I just popped the cap and dipped in till it was soaked.
Um Ill see about syringe. You just poke it in the filler and push the plunger?

Janet H

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 3, 2011
PA
Well, I guess you heard my story already. MikeE3 is my other half and we started vaping together after way too many years on the analogs. I was sitting on the back deck having a cigarette when the mail arrived with our first eCigs. After my first vape I was so shocked at how much I liked it I never smoked the rest of the analogs! FREEDOM!!! That first eCig was the 808. Like most people I wanted something that was close to an analog and quickly moved on from there. I went to the manual eGo 650 and have several of them.

I got frustrated with the cartos though and started looking into the tanks. Along with dripping with the IKV i06 I was really liking the Stardusts but they develop cracks at the bottom and start leaking. I recently got a Phoenix 3ml tank and was loving it for 2 days and suddenly started getting an awful burned taste. It turns out I have to take a puff on it before I push the button to vape and then it's fine. It gives great flavor with lots of vapor. There's always new and improved ones coming out so I'll be watching for those. Meanwhile I hear they're going to be selling the Phoenix tank itself without the cover so I may opt for a couple of them to see if this is a fluke. It's still a lot cheaper than buying analogs which are about $6/pack around here.

Welcome to the new people and glad to see the lurkers. Thanks Tx for getting this going. Looks like it's taking off and that's a good thing.

VapRon

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 6, 2011
FL
Thanks

Syringes..... I hate needles
I have no syringe. I just popped the cap and dipped in till it was soaked.
Um Ill see about syringe. You just poke it in the filler and push the plunger?

You slide the syringe on the wall down and as you pull it up again you release the liquid. Do so going around not disturbing the filler to much. Thats how I did it.
For me the tricky part was to get it spread around good.

Wait
Condom Method ?
:oops:

Thats when you take the plastic cap the cartomizer comes with and fill that with liquid. Then you slide the cartomizer into the cap with the Liquid but do so slow. Some do it from the filler side (top of cartomizer) others do it from the 510 connection side (bottom)
Best is to ECF google it. So many threads that can not remember which one was good.

I would suggest to try the syring. Way faster and cleaner for me. I used to fill 4 to 6 cartomizer at one time and was done for the day.

Semiretired

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 24, 2011
Middle Georgia
You slide the syringe on the wall down and as you pull it up again you release the liquid. Do so going around not disturbing the filler to much. Thats how I did it.
For me the tricky part was to get it spread around good.

Thats when you take the plastic cap the cartomizer comes with and fill that with liquid. Then you slide the cartomizer into the cap with the Liquid but do so slow. Some do it from the filler side (top of cartomizer) others do it from the 510 connection side (bottom)
Best is to ECF google it. So many threads that can not remember which one was good.

I would suggest to try the syring. Way faster and cleaner for me. I used to fill 4 to 6 cartomizer at one time and was done for the day.

Elbert, I assume you are using Volt cartos - SI has some excellent videos by SteelJan about using the cap to refil the cart. Myself I just tilt the carto at a 45 degree angle and twist it while I drop it in... Stop when it gets mushy so not to overfill...

BacsiBob

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 24, 2012
Bethel, (SW) Ohio
www.theborkstore.com
I haven't found them anywhere else but ECBlend.com sells caps for their bottles that have blunt needles in them. Pretty slick although the needles are about 20 ga. and thick juice is hard to squeeze through.

needlecaps__83298_zoom.jpg

I may order some hypodermic tubing (Amazon/Small Parts) in a larger bore and fashion some longer ones of my own for the larger cartomizers that I like.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread