Older Folks and Vaping

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tiny

ECF Veteran
Mar 24, 2012
Wisconsin
Guess I just needed that extra push. Boy, did I get it. I went from 30 analogs to 10 with vaping. I find a lot of motivation by being on ECF. Seeing everyone's success is very encouraging.
I was a 40+ year smoker, tried everything imaginable to quit, and thought e-cigs was just another rip-off to separate desperate smokers from their money.

Then I found ECF and read the success stories, so I figured I'd give it a shot and maybe I would be able to cut back on my smoking, there was no way I was ever going to be able to quit. The next day I bought a eGo style PV, it wasn't 24 hours after that I had my last cigarette.

I agree with you this place is very motivating, and the members are very supportive and encouraging. I owe the members and those who run the forum a lot.

BacsiBob

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 24, 2012
Bethel, (SW) Ohio
www.theborkstore.com
VapRon:

orangutan.jpg

moishesmom

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 27, 2012
west bloomfield
Well, yall are talking me out of it. I was considering it for my next purchase to sample VV... I guess I could always set it and leave it, but that would mute the point of buying a VV... Still the price is right...

Don't mean to do that! It really is neat & easy w/o even seeing the #'s + what you said "the price is right" is right. It's my first VV & I really do like it....I'm sure you will too.

moishesmom

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 27, 2012
west bloomfield
thanks to the e-cigaret, pv, apv or whatever you want to call it today is my one year smokefree anniversary.
I can not discribe what that means for me. Thank you ecf and all of you great "ole folks" and "young folks"
for helping me with equipment and liquid questions and support.:rickroll::banana::rickroll::banana::rickroll::banana:
congratulations!!! Simply awesome!

MikeE3

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2011
Skippack, PA
Thanks to the E-Cigaret, PV, APV or whatever you want to call it TODAY is my one year smokefree anniversary.
I can not discribe what that means for me. Thank you ECF and all of you great "ole folks" and "young folks"
for helping me with equipment and liquid questions and support.:rickroll::banana::rickroll::banana::rickroll::banana:

Congratulations VapRon! Pat yourself on the back, you've done good.

HappyAnniversary.gif

MikeE3

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2011
Skippack, PA
Hello everyone.

Nice to run into some old friend here and even nicer to be meeting some new folks. Some many wonderful success stories already posted. Who said you can't teach an old dog new tricks. You'all have proven that to be wrong, what with you saying good-bye to the cigs and moving on to e-cigs and vaping.

My wife and I started in Sep. 2011 looking into e-cigs. I started smoking at a much older age than a lot of you, I didn't seriously start 'till I was 17 or 18, then smoked for the next 48 years. Only stopped once for about 1 1/2 years. What with the expense and knowing it's not healthy I was talking with wife for quite a while we should stop. She never was ready, so it was real easy for me to not attempt stopping.

Then last September, out of the blue, she says lets get some of those electronic cigarettes and stop smoking. I has sampled one at the local mall once and thought 'yuck', I didn't like that thing at all. So we turned to google and among other sites we found ECF. A week of googling and ECFing we bought our first starter kits. She went with an 808 and carto's, I went with a Joye 510, attys, and carts.

The 510's were fine as a starter, but soon became tedious alwasy recharging the batts, replacing attys, etc. etc. So a month later, I moved onto Joye eGo's and carto's. This was way better, a lot less hassle as 2 or at most 3 batts lasted me all day. Next I tried out tanks as I did not like the relatively short life of a carto and even a carto needs frequent topping off. Tanks were an improvement. I started with Baby Notta tanks but moved quickly to DCT Tanks. I didn't like dual coils, didn't seem to improve the vape or flavor and just burned up juice faster. So I cut all my DCT tanks down in size to fit a standard Boge 3.0Ω carto. That's now my favorite carto/tank combination.

About 2 months later, I still wasn't getting the satisfaction from vaping as I was expecting, so .... I moved onto Variable Volt vaping. And I moved straight to a ProVari. I figured I'd already spent money on two starter kits and might as well head to the front of the class. What can I say I like it a lot. I've also become primarily a 'dripper'. I use IKV i06 attys on the ProVari and keep some tanks around for when I'm away from home.

My wife stopped cigs the day she started vaping. It took me about 6 weeks to cease and desist with cigarettes. I went from 2+ ppd to 1/2 doz right away but I couldn't get away from 3 or 4 a day until I got some WTA juice. The same day I started with WTA, is the last day I had a cigarette.

My best moment since starting to vape was on my son's birthday. I told him it was also my 1 month smoke free anniversay. He said 'Pop, that's the best birthday present you could give me'. It's still my inspiration to stay away from cigs. I've been smoke free for 7 months now. I still get the urge at times but I vape my way past it.

MikeE3

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2011
Skippack, PA
Thank you Mike :D

Hope I did not derail the thread;)

An anniversary announcement and celebration derail the thread? Never, not, won't happen around here. We need more anniversary's to celebrate - means more folks are being successful w/ their vaping journey.

By the way - if I don't see you hanging around here, I will track you down. My Genisis style GTUS atties are in the mail. :mail: I made need to talk w/ you about using them. You're holding out on us - you've got 4 of them. Yikes!

VapRon

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 6, 2011
FL
An anniversary announcement and celebration derail the thread? Never, not, won't happen around here. We need more anniversary's to celebrate - means more folks are being successful w/ their vaping journey.

By the way - if I don't see you hanging around here, I will track you down. My Genisis style GTUS atties are in the mail. :mail: I made need to talk w/ you about using them. You're holding out on us - you've got 4 of them. Yikes!

Oh, I will be around ;) just ask away, am glad to help if I can.
I might need to let go of one Genisis. :mad: The Talos will be available soon. Can't have to much equipment sitting around.

Janet H

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 3, 2011
PA
Smoked on and off for around 40 years. More on than off. I was diagnosed with COPD when I had a really bad bought of breathing problems. Of course I kept having them and they came more often over the following years.
Even so I had no intention of quitting. Over three years ago, I got my first ecig for the purpose of using it while visiting my daughter. I figured it was something to get me through until I returned home where 5 1/2 cartons of analogs awaited me.
I was at my daughter's for three weeks and it became obvious that vaping worked. By the time I got home, I was feeling the health improvements: No more inhaler. No more Advair. It was so obvious that vaping worked.
I can't say that there haven't been any frustrating moments over the last 3 years but I've stuck with it and have been analog free since March 20,2009!!!

Wow! What a fabulous story! Most people struggle through, but you kind of got stuck into finding out how you would do with vaping. Good for you! I'm glad you're feeling better too. Did your daughter know what was happening? What was the eCig that you were using to get started?

txtumbleweed

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Dec 7, 2009
Walla Walla
Well, yall are talking me out of it. I was considering it for my next purchase to sample VV... I guess I could always set it and leave it, but that would mute the point of buying a VV... Still the price is right...

It is a good battery for the price Semi. You don't change the voltages very often with a vv anyways. That being said the LT is a great deal too and the new ones read resistance as well as being able to change voltages very easy. I would definitely recommend the LT 3.

Tracker II

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 13, 2011
Illinois
I never EVER get tired of reading stories like yours jj2.

I personally am the biggest bonehead in this forum. After smoking for nearly 10 years, I quit for 11 years and even ran two Chicago Marathons during that period, I then took up smoking again and proceeded to have a heart attack at the age of 47. I continued to smoke after my heart attack (despite repeated attempts to quit) and then, thank God, discovered vaping last year. Seriously, can anyone be more boneheaded than that?

txtumbleweed

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Dec 7, 2009
Walla Walla
I never EVER get tired of reading stories like yours jj2.

I personally am the biggest bonehead in this forum. After smoking for nearly 10 years, I quit for 11 years and even ran two Chicago Marathons during that period, I then took up smoking again and proceeded to have a heart attack at the age of 47. I continued to smoke after my heart attack (despite repeated attempts to quit) and then, thank God, discovered vaping last year. Seriously, can anyone be more boneheaded than that?

Yeah me! lol I also quit for ten years once and five years another time but when it got down to the nitty gritty and I had to quit after getting COPD I couldn't no matter how hard I tried until I discovered vaping!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread