Older Folks and Vaping

Status
Not open for further replies.

txtumbleweed

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Dec 7, 2009
Walla Walla
Right now I am using the P18 with brass top and button. That looks so slick. It is my favorite. With the 18650's it gives me enough. The second one is the P+18500 in satin finish. Love that one also. Use it for around and about. The last one is the Shockwave. Is still in production but should arrive soon. Can hardly wait:oops: The design was done about one year ago but Super-T just got to the production phase shortly ago. Was to busy meeting our other needs hihi.
And those combined with the Genisis is vaping heaven for me.
I started on atty dripping but I blew them in one day. Inexperience played a big role in that.
Went on to cartomizer. Well they worked for max 3 days and then got all clogged up. I tried all kind of cleaning procedures as posted by so many. Nothing helped. I was getting devastated.
Then the first tanks gome along. reviews report leaking over and over so I decided to wait until that improves.
Then the Genisis appiers here at ECF. Wow rebuilable atty. My dream.
Now I can set whatever ohm I want. Use a kick and I don't even have to care about that:D
The great thing is that since I am not using the kick always I set varios ohms for varios needs like taking the flavors ino account.
Of course that can only be done with more then one Genisis. I have 4 and all in use.
And talking about savings. As cheap cartomizers are they can't beat a sheet of mesh with a roll of kanthal.
Guess one can see how excited I am with my setup.
In the end it does not really matter which mod you use as long as it keeps us of the cigarets. That I wish for anyone.

Sounds good Vapron. So the Genisis is just a rebuildable atty? Do you drip it or use a cartridge with it. I thought it was a tank of some sort.
Does the P-18 have the button on top? If it is was it easy to get used to having the button in that spot? I bought a Kick to use on my Indulgence wood mod but it didn't fit right so I sold it in the classies in about two minutes. It worked really good though but with the Indulgence it was hard to get the proper shim and to remove it to adjust it. I might get another later though because they are pretty cool if you have the right pv with them.

txtumbleweed

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Dec 7, 2009
Walla Walla
Hi everyone. Been lurking in the other thread for sometime now and thought I would introduce myself. Have been a smoker for over 50 yrs and vaped and smoked for three. Recently had a stroke and was told "no more ciggies". My neurologist recommended e-cigs. That was doable for me and here I am two months and 19 days without an analog and getting along just fine with the help of my Saber Touch and Chuck and WTA. You are a great group and I love the stories you tell.

Glad you made yourself visable Applejack. I knew someone was lurking in the shadows. lol Welcome to the group and congrats on getting off the cigarettes for good but sorry it took a stroke to get you all the way over. You can be a great example for others on the journey. So were you smoking more than vaping for the three years you were doing both?

txtumbleweed

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Dec 7, 2009
Walla Walla
Today after work I get to see what I can do with the DIY stuff that is waiting for me.

Even gonna try some Dr. Pepper

Glad I get off at 4PDT

got a couple of tobacco flavors some PG and VG and the Dr Pepper

rubbing hands together and making weird noises. :D

I am a Dr Pepper addict and drink about a six pack a day of DP 10 for men. lol I also vape Dr Pepper some. Some of it does taste like the drink too. In fact I think I will fill me a carto of it being as i haven't vaped any in sometime!

elbertdee

Resting In Peace
Apr 29, 2012
California
I am a Dr Pepper addict and drink about a six pack a day of DP 10 for men. lol I also vape Dr Pepper some. Some of it does taste like the drink too. In fact I think I will fill me a carto of it being as i haven't vaped any in sometime!

Well I used to put down 6 or 10 cans of DP a day. then I had to slow down because of the Type 2 diabetes.
Still drink a diet DP at times

Figured I might get my DP fix without the sugar.

Ill let ya know.

VapRon

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 6, 2011
FL
Sounds good Vapron. So the Genisis is just a rebuildable atty? Do you drip it or use a cartridge with it. I thought it was a tank of some sort.
Does the P-18 have the button on top? If it is was it easy to get used to having the button in that spot? I bought a Kick to use on my Indulgence wood mod but it didn't fit right so I sold it in the classies in about two minutes. It worked really good though but with the Indulgence it was hard to get the proper shim and to remove it to adjust it. I might get another later though because they are pretty cool if you have the right pv with them.

Ja thats me trying to explain something:facepalm:
It is kind of a tank system. Mine is feed from the top meaning the bottle is above the wick and the liquid is feed down.
Now that sounds like "it must leak!!" but it does not. I do not know or understand why that is and will let someone more competent explain that:laugh: The bottle holds 1.5 ml and is very easy to change. I have 10 bottles which I fill before bedtime so the next day it is just changing the bottle. Very convienient. I guess I could drip with it but that I have not tried yet.

The P18 & P+500 have both push buttons on the bottom. I was first concerned about that because many had said they do not like it. Mind you many of them did not even have one:confused: I took the plunge and found out that I have no problem at all with that.

I like the kick but it is not that I would not get around without it. But nice to have never less.

Will post some picture later of my mods with the Genisis. Just have to make them first. Have to use the iPad since my camera said goodby a few weeks ago :mad:

AppleJack

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 6, 2009
S. Florida
Glad you made yourself visable Applejack. I knew someone was lurking in the shadows. lol Welcome to the group and congrats on getting off the cigarettes for good but sorry it took a stroke to get you all the way over. You can be a great example for others on the journey. So were you smoking more than vaping for the three years you were doing both?

Guess I just needed that extra push. Boy, did I get it. I went from 30 analogs to 10 with vaping. I find a lot of motivation by being on ECF. Seeing everyone's success is very encouraging.

blkhwk07

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 10, 2012
Ohio,in the sticks!
Hello,
just wanted to stop in and Hi (since it's easier to find). I usually post in the middle age thread, but I think new members would find it here easier. I've never looked in the lounge since being a member!
To keep on topic, I'll try not to talk about fishing,grandchildren,or what restaurant the wife and I are going to eat at.
So, I was a smoker for about 35 years and could not quit no matter what I tried. That is until I found vaping.
As usual I started with what I thought I needed,something that felt,looked, even juice that tasted like a cig. Then moved on to a Kgo battery after endless charging of the cig style. Also found I didn't want the cig flavor.

BacsiBob

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 24, 2012
Bethel, (SW) Ohio
www.theborkstore.com
Hey folks, young and old (wise). I'm 65, smoked for 50 yrs. and been vaping for about two months. I started with an Apollo Extreme kit :vapor: , augmented with two extra batteries and another charger and I used cartomizers. That was good until I started hanging here and then I had to move up a notch.

I liked Apollo's service, quality and free shipping so I got a TGo kit which is compatible with the Extreme. I did not have any luck using the atomizers so I stuck with cartomizers. I vape a lot and the constant filling was cutting into my leisure and nap time. Well, hanging here I learned about dual coil MEGA cartomizers :vapor: :vapor: and they helped because they hold so much more juice. Also, cooler vapor and better flavor has been my experience. Reduced battery time has not been an issue; the 900 mah batteries keep up with one in use and one charging.

Then I found out about tanks :vapor: :vapor: :vapor: and had to have one. It came today and I love it. Of course, the TGo batteries won't last forever so I've ordered a Gripper, batteries and charger and MEGA single coil cartos for it :vapor: :vapor: :vapor: :vapor:. It's a good thing my wife has begun to use the Extremes so I could make more room on my desk.

I can pass on one pearl beyond satisfying my need for nicotine and new toys. The 2nd and 3rd generation e cig products produce a more consistent and satisfying vapor. I am cutting my juice back from 24 mg. to 12 mg and hope to keep going to zero. I don't know if I'll ever quit vaping...I'm having a lot of fun and meeting a lot of nice people.

rookbartley989

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 3, 2012
SoCal
I will represent the senior citizen crowd...My name is Ron and I am 36 years old. I have been smoking since I was 16 and recently quit as of February 2012. Hate them as most do but I have to give all the credit to Blu! I of course have passed that on to my father in law and now use and enjoy eGo and eGo styles. Picked up that darn Blu cig and threw the rest of my pack in the trash, never looked back!

Ron -

Last edited:

moishesmom

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 27, 2012
west bloomfield
Hi everyone. Been lurking in the other thread for sometime now and thought I would introduce myself. Have been a smoker for over 50 yrs and vaped and smoked for three. Recently had a stroke and was told "no more ciggies". My neurologist recommended e-cigs. That was doable for me and here I am two months and 19 days without an analog and getting along just fine with the help of my Saber Touch and Chuck and WTA. You are a great group and I love the stories you tell.

Hi Applejack - Sorry to hear about your stroke - VERY SCARY- hoping everythings ok w/you now; sure sounds like it. Don't you just loving telling people you're vaping on doctor's orders?

txtumbleweed

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Dec 7, 2009
Walla Walla
Hello,
just wanted to stop in and Hi (since it's easier to find). I usually post in the middle age thread, but I think new members would find it here easier. I've never looked in the lounge since being a member!
To keep on topic, I'll try not to talk about fishing,grandchildren,or what restaurant the wife and I are going to eat at.
So, I was a smoker for about 35 years and could not quit no matter what I tried. That is until I found vaping.
As usual I started with what I thought I needed,something that felt,looked, even juice that tasted like a cig. Then moved on to a Kgo battery after endless charging of the cig style. Also found I didn't want the cig flavor.

Welcome blkhwk07 glad to have ya on board. That is pretty much how we all started wanting a cig type pv and tobacco flavor.
I started with a 801 penstyle myself though which was before ego size were available. I knew battery life would be important and the 801 lasted about twice as long as the 510 and 901. I also tried both of those but liked the 801 best so it was my main vape until ego's and Rivas came along then the 1300 Mah Go-Go came out and I became a member of the Go-Go Nation. Then the 1300 Echo auto came out and I always liked autos so it became my main PV along with the Go-Go. I also picked up a Kgo battery for my 510 cartos and it works very good as well. I tried all the ego stuff along the way but the ego-t was the last ego specific device I've tried other than the ego Twist which is working real good. The last couple of months I've been using VV quite a lot being as I bought a couple of LT's an 18650 and a mini and I'm liking those as well. :)

Last edited:

moishesmom

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 27, 2012
west bloomfield
I'd like to give Txtumbleweed a standing ovation for starting this thread (clap-clap) Thank you!! Now, getting down to business - can I pick some brains here & find out which cartos or clearos everyone likes. I'm having a hard time settling on one. Nothing cleans the way people claim - I'm getting burnt taste out of others & getting VERY FRUSTATED. I'm looking for one that holds A LOT of juice; I have the vision 1, 2-3, some other vision that holds 3.5ml. & various others - just looking for that one. Any???

elbertdee

Resting In Peace
Apr 29, 2012
California
I'd like to give Txtumbleweed a standing ovation for starting this thread (clap-clap) Thank you!! Now, getting down to business - can I pick some brains here & find out which cartos or clearos everyone likes. I'm having a hard time settling on one. Nothing cleans the way people claim - I'm getting burnt taste out of others & getting VERY FRUSTATED. I'm looking for one that holds A LOT of juice; I have the vision 1, 2-3, some other vision that holds 3.5ml. & various others - just looking for that one. Any???

What she said

jj2

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2009
Hundred Acre Wood
Smoked on and off for around 40 years. More on than off. I was diagnosed with COPD when I had a really bad bought of breathing problems. Of course I kept having them and they came more often over the following years.
Even so I had no intention of quitting. Over three years ago, I got my first ecig for the purpose of using it while visiting my daughter. I figured it was something to get me through until I returned home where 5 1/2 cartons of analogs awaited me.
I was at my daughter's for three weeks and it became obvious that vaping worked. By the time I got home, I was feeling the health improvements: No more inhaler. No more Advair. It was so obvious that vaping worked.
I can't say that there haven't been any frustrating moments over the last 3 years but I've stuck with it and have been analog free since March 20,2009!!!

Wow great story jj2. What did you do with the five cartons? Three years cig free is awesome. You have me beat by 8 months! You will have to come back and share your journey of what pv you started with and how you got to what you use now.:)

I sold some of the cartons and gave the rest away. I also gave away all my DIY stuff. The guy was so grateful that he cut down a tree for us.

I ordered the first ecig on the Internet but it was obvious that it wasn't going to arrive before I went to my daughter's so I started calling tobacco stores. After several calls, I found one that sold the Smoke 51. It actually worked pretty well but expensive.

The one that I order arrived about a week after I got home. It was a RN4081 (same as the Njoy). For back then, it worked pretty good but tinkering was a must. I think I tried every cart mod that came down the pike. Never really found one I loved.

Next one was a SkyRL (DSE102). Totally unheard of now but it was a great little mini but batteries didn't last long. Of course no battery lasted long which got me to prod DH a bit to look into something that would. That was the box mod which we found at ECF. And, even though I own an Ego & 510 kit, I still mainly use the box mod.

Then came the clearos. I more or less said goodbye to attys. Even though the clearos work really great with just a little modding, I sort of keep an eye out how to make them better and the new stuff coming out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread