Status
Not open for further replies.

Racehorse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 12, 2012
USA midwest
NicQuid claims on the website that they don't use diacetyl or custard notes.

I couldn't find anywhere on their website info about testing their e-liquids for diacetyl or ‘custard notes’ by a lab.

This is the diketone free vendor topic so let's be careful not to add vendors who cannot prove w/testing. As Dr. F. has said, test is the only way to know AP / diketone etc. levels.

At some point I may start a post within this topic where we can have a list so nobody has to read thru 14+ pages. But when this was started back in January, they were coming in drips and drabs and very few vendors were publishing testing unless certified with one of the industry orgs like ECTA, etc. and some of the orgs don't even specify they have to test.

I am not really interested in searching out needles in haystacks, and hopefully, by putting links to this topic around the forum when the diketone subject comes up, more users will post to it.

Last edited:

Racehorse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 12, 2012
USA midwest
Or start with DIY if I can find companies that have diketones-free flavors and they have proofs.

Read the notes Linda makes on TPA/TFA. A diyer can actually learn a lot just by reading the notes.....because you will start to see a pattern of the ones that do have Diketones.......they are all of a certain taste and category. :)

Reactions: Sirius

Racehorse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 12, 2012
USA midwest
VAPOR SHARK gets a big thank you. Now you can actually go to a storefront, and pull up lab tests on every brand of eliquid they carry.......and there are tons of brands.

I think this is really big progress.

You can peruse all sorts of different ejuice in one place, and pick out the ones without the offensive stuff we don't want to vape.

Nothing like this has been offered to us before. Things are looking up. :)

Mike 586

ECF Veteran
Dec 6, 2014
Ottawa
As far as I'm concerned, if a company isn't publishing test results, they don't deserve to be recognized as DC/AP free.

Most just seem to say "Hey we don't use_____. We only use the highest quality....blah blah blah.....trust us.". When I see those kinds of generic blurbs without a lab report to back it up, all I can think is "Yeah? OK. You're just full of crap." and I think they're just lying.

I just don't see why any company that's truly AC/DP free with the test results to back it up wouldn't publish those results and take advantage of the added faith it would give consumers in their products. The only reason I could see for a company to hide results is because the results aren't good and they're lying about them, particularly in this environment with so many of their peers getting caught lying about AC/DP with those generic "we don't us it. Honest" blurbs.

Thank you for the summary, Demi.

So far, we have maybe 5 vendors then, who can provide proof (tests) of all or at least a few diacetyl free eliquid? Or less than 5?

Dr. F's study came out about May of 2014, citing diacetyl as an avoidable inhalation risk........so out of the thousands of eliquid companies out there, we presently have a vendor list of 5 as of almost March 2015.

People keep asking for a list and I guess this will have to serve as the official one so far?

I'm working on compiling a list. I've got a few others on my computer at home, a couple of Canadian vendors and one or two manufacturers...

...but yeah, just how few are doing it is kinda pathetic.

Racehorse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 12, 2012
USA midwest
Dr. F never named any vendor.

That is correct. Dr. F. wanted to help vapers and help the vaping industry. He donated a lot of his time in that study, by the way, something that many people are not aware of. When a few were attacking him shortly after the study, he expressed that he kept the costs of the study down by not taking any money for the protocol design, the writing of the study, or his effort, time and working hours.

I wanted to post this here because I think it shows he is not doing this for money.

As for not naming vendors:

Dr. Farsalinos: "There is no reason to mention the names. .......Our goal is for the industry to respond and solve the problem as a whole..."

..."We identified an unecessary hazard in e-cigarettes, which represents an avoidable risk. We are providing a realistic and easily implemented solution, which is proper testing at relevant limits of detection. We emphasize the fact that none should trust any verbal or personal reassurance that diacetyl is not present in the flavorings. Only proper testing and publication of the result can provide true and trustful information. Testing is not cost-prohibitive, and will make the e-cigarette liquids even safer than they currently are. I think the industry has a perfect opportunity to show responsibility and a good face. The vapers need it, and the regulators must see it. I am sure they will respond in an appropriate and responsible way..."

Donate to Dr Farsalinos' new study | Page 8 | E-Cigarette Forum

(I bolded the last statement, as these statements were made back in July of 2014.

It is now July of 2015 that we are talking about it, and many vendors have not "responded appropriately" in the view of many vapers who wish to vape DAP-FREE.)

EKat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 21, 2013
USA
VAPOR SHARK gets a big thank you. Now you can actually go to a storefront, and pull up lab tests on every brand of eliquid they carry.......and there are tons of brands.

I think this is really big progress.

You can peruse all sorts of different ejuice in one place, and pick out the ones without the offensive stuff we don't want to vape.

Nothing like this has been offered to us before. Things are looking up. :)
Do u have that link? I can't find it on their site . Thanks!

Racehorse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 12, 2012
USA midwest
Do u have that link? I can't find it on their site . Thanks!

There is (was) no need to link to the tests.

EVERY ejuice on the vaporshark site, when you click on it, WILL have a copy of the test on that juice.

@Thundernoggin, I wasn't talking about the tests that were published on the blog.....I'm talkoing about VS being a "one stop shopping experience" in terms of being able to purchase ejuices from MANY different vendors they carry, and being able to pull up tests on every single one.

I emailed them about it, the owner believes that consumers should be able to see what they are intaking. I so agree. Especially those of us who do NOT want to inhale any DAPs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread