Not open for further replies.

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
angryvaper.crypticsites.com
I'm NOT going to say "if I can do it, anyone can," because frankly I always found that a bit insulting, when people would say it to me (about quitting cold turkey, or with the patch, etc) -- the fact is, just because someone else does it, doesn't mean anything except that person did it -- but hopefully it at least shows the possibilities to those who also want it. My mom gave me that line when I first started vaping, regarding her own quit using every form of NRT known to man -- but I remember how hard she struggled, and I never could do that -- my first attempt in 1984, totally cold-turkey, lasted 3 months, and I just couldn't stand it another second, and frankly, if I hadn't had strep throat to kick it off, I'm sure I'd never have made it that long.

Best I can advise is, identify your triggers -- if there is one thing that always makes you want to smoke, then either avoid that item or activity like the plague, or find substitutes -- e-cigs are great, but sometimes more is needed -- when I first quit, everytime I'd get on the telephone, I'd have a TERRIBLE urge for a smoke, because I always smoked when I got on the phone. So I'd go on outside with my vape and vape it like I stole it, the whole time I was on the phone -- it satisfied *something* -- just the pure habit I guess.

WTA is a godsend *if your cravings are physical* -- but it won't do a bloody thing for psychological addiction; you have to figure out how to deal with that, in yourself -- it's habit, and habit can be changed -- by creating a new habit to take the place of the old one. WTA is also a godsend if you have problems with depression, anxiety, schizophrenia, ulcerative colitis, and also RA, I think, because of the anti-inflammatory properties of one or more of the minor alkaloids. But it's not a magic wand, and won't do it for you.

I will say this: if someone is interested in quitting because someone else -- parent, child, spouse, co-worker, boss, doctor -- thinks it's a good idea, but you don't have a real motivation in yourself to do it... it's 10 or 100 times harder; I won't say 'impossible,' because I used to think it was impossible for me to quit smoking -- vaping proved me wrong. But it's a hard enough thing to do, even with e-cigs, that if you don't have that personal self-motivation to get it done, by whatever means you can find.... it *might not* be possible. The way to know if you are truly SELF-motivated to quit, I think, is in your ability to find reasons for either quitting or not quitting; if you can find a good excuse to smoke, you probably will. If excuses to smoke present themselves to you and you instantly dismiss them, then you'll probably quit and stay that way. And that's why my relapse last summer scared me so much -- I truly did have a good excuse to smoke, given all the crap I went thru with that appendectomy, and even if my innards hadn't been so dysfunctional, it's possible the stress alone could have caused a relapse -- but I had to draw the line, after a month of going back to smoking, because I knew that recuperation didn't take forever; I had to take responsibility for getting back to the non-smoker I really wanted to be, and it was hard, with that little voice in my head yammering at me constantly, oh c'mon, I really wanna smoke, just one, just this time, etc.... it will never shut up as long as you listen to it.

And that little voice will carry on for quite some time, if you pay it the slightest bit of attention. Just this past week, I had some thoughts of smoking... I dismissed them, and vaped like a maniac, but it told me that I probably ought to hang at my 3% WTA level a bit longer than I'd intended; I'm down so low now that any drop is a much bigger percentage of the whole, and thus has a bigger impact. When I dropped from 4%, instead of going straight to 3%, I went to 3.5% for a couple weeks, THEN went to 3%; for my next one, I'm thinking I'll do 30ml of 2.75%, and do my remaining drops at that .25% level; it may take me a bit longer to get free of the stuff, but it won't give that idiot voice in my head as much ammunition.

Andria

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
Andria, I bought a small bottle of 24 mg WTA juice from Aroma Ejuice. (It hasnt arrived yet.) How many drops should I mix into a 2.5 ml tank of regular 18 or 12 mg ejuice? Thanks!

No idea... I mix it right into all my ejuice; I started at 10%. (if you have a 30ml bottle... pour 27ml into another bottle, and 3ml of the WTA -- if you have a 15ml bottle -- pour 13.5ml into another bottle, and 1.5ml of WTA). I guess if you just want to add it to a 2.5ml tank, then only put 2.25ml into the tank, and add .25ml WTA.

Or, you can use this calculator: -> DIY E-Liquid Calculator Ten Flavors With Nicotine Plus PG/VG Adjusting

Because it lets you specify a nic level for every item you add -- whatever mg level of the WTA, specify that in the nic level for the WTA item; don't forget it's 100% VG. That's why I had to go with DIY and use that calculator, because that 100% VG threw off all my ad hoc calculations something terrible, and I can't vape much VG at all; also, drops just don't work for me; PG and PG-based stuff is somewhere between 32-38 drops per ml, and anything VG based is 22-28 drops per ml, and it can always vary depending on the dropper itself -- that kind of inexactitude drives me right up a wall. So I use syringes so I know exactly what quantity I'm dealing with. It may not be perfect, considering the syringes are cheap, but it's a lot more exact than "drops."

Andria

Reactions: Puff2K

Puff2K

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 10, 2015
USA
No idea... I mix it right into all my ejuice; I started at 10%. (if you have a 30ml bottle... pour 27ml into another bottle, and 3ml of the WTA -- if you have a 15ml bottle -- pour 13.5ml into another bottle, and 1.5ml of WTA). I guess if you just want to add it to a 2.5ml tank, then only put 2.25ml into the tank, and add .25ml WTA.

Or, you can use this calculator: -> DIY E-Liquid Calculator Ten Flavors With Nicotine Plus PG/VG Adjusting

Because it lets you specify a nic level for every item you add -- whatever mg level of the WTA, specify that in the nic level for the WTA item; don't forget it's 100% VG. That's why I had to go with DIY and use that calculator, because that 100% VG threw off all my ad hoc calculations something terrible, and I can't vape much VG at all; also, drops just don't work for me; PG and PG-based stuff is somewhere between 32-38 drops per ml, and anything VG based is 22-28 drops per ml, and it can always vary depending on the dropper itself -- that kind of inexactitude drives me right up a wall. So I use syringes so I know exactly what quantity I'm dealing with. It may not be perfect, considering the syringes are cheap, but it's a lot more exact than "drops."

Andria
Thank you! I'll try to figure all this out when it arrives. 10% sounds good.

Uncle

Resting In Peace
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 15, 2011
Of Course - A Celebration is NEEDED here for "Your" 1 Year Accomplishment . . .

72animatedcongratspurplefuzzy.gif

"Andria"

On "YOUR"
1st.jpeg
"VAPERVERSARY"

Claudia P

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 19, 2013
Dayton, TN, USA
Hi everyone and happy 1 and 2 year anniversaries to those I missed.

I'm doing ok and still not smoking, doubt I ever would now as it's vape I crave. I've just finally started DIY and have already found two mixes that will stay in my lineup. :) I doubt I will buy much if any premixed juice anymore.

I left Nicoticket a while back and the only premix I have ordered since is Steam Juice but now am ordering their DIY mixes as you can order any of their flavors in a concentrate in sizes clear up to 4 oz. I have only this week started mixing completely from scratch and my first two are hits.

I cheated a bit though and went to a site with recipes by one person who was recommended to me, he has stopped posting his recipes on forums though after people failed to honor his request not to post them elsewhere. If anyone is interested I can post links to the forum.

Claudia P

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 19, 2013
Dayton, TN, USA
Hi, Claudia. Nice to see you again after all this time. I'm glad you're still doing well and even making your own juice now. It's quite a difference from back in the day when we were all struggling to quit. Take care.
It's a whole new world now. :)
I miss all of you quite a bit and struggled to find you with all of the changes at ECF.

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
I just added it to everything I vape, so that I never get cravings -- getting a craving is a bad thing, because I make bad decisions when under their influence. As long as I don't get the craving, I know I won't smoke. That's my rational choice, but cravings can utterly destroy rationality.

Andria

Puff2K

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 10, 2015
USA
I really hope it helps you, Puff. :vapor:
Thank you! :)
I just added it to everything I vape, so that I never get cravings -- getting a craving is a bad thing, because I make bad decisions when under their influence. As long as I don't get the craving, I know I won't smoke. That's my rational choice, but cravings can utterly destroy rationality.

Andria
Since it cost a fortune I thought I'd just add a drop or two to a tank whenever I start feeling like I'd like to have a cigarette. It's only a few times during a bad day maybe, and less on a good day. I'm amazed by how much I don't want a cigarette right now! If it weren't so expensive I'd just vape it all day but that's not possible.

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
Thank you! :)
Since it cost a fortune I thought I'd just add a drop or two to a tank whenever I start feeling like I'd like to have a cigarette. It's only a few times during a bad day maybe, and less on a good day. I'm amazed by how much I don't want a cigarette right now! If it weren't so expensive I'd just vape it all day but that's not possible.

Yeah, it's gotten a lot easier since I started my step-down; when I first started, at 10%, wholecig didn't offer 15ml bottles, so I had to get 10ml, and it lasted *just* about a month, though it was a tight squeeze -- if I hadn't been using cartotanks then, I dunno how I'd have managed it. But now I use so little, one of their 15ml bottles lasts several months. My husband figured it was money well spent, if it kept me from even wanting a cigarette -- those cravings I had, had already provoked one relapse, and I sure as hell didn't want another, that one was hard enough to come back from.

Andria

rangerrobin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 26, 2014
Northern California
Well I'm trying my WTA and I think it does make a difference. I used a little too much (mixed some in my tank with Halo SubZero) and I feel much more alert after vaping it for around 30 minutes. I'll keep trying it when I have cravings.
Sounds like you have a good handle on it. :thumb:

WTA affects people differently. It made me more anxious and my smoking increased. :unsure: I was a dual user at the time.

Puff2K

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 10, 2015
USA
Sounds like you have a good handle on it. :thumb:

WTA affects people differently. It made me more anxious and my smoking increased. :unsure: I was a dual user at the time.
Wow. I admit I wanted a cigarette this morning, but I haven't had one for about two weeks now. I'm hoping I can just keep vaping through the cravings.

ShariR

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2013
Nashville, TN
Hi all. I have not been able to use my computer hardly at all for over a couple of weeks now. Something wrong with it. It keeps giving me a Pop Up for me to ok running scripts. It happens ALL the time and I can not figure out how to turn scripts on. Don't know what happened to screw up my computer.

I upgraded to Internet Explorer 11 in the hopes that it would solve the scripts problem. Nope. Nada. No luck. I am running MS Windows 7 Home Premium and do not want to upgrade it to Windows 10 at this time.

Has anyone else had this happen to them? If I can not figure it out, it will be a trip to the Computer doctor for this laptop.

I am having my back surgery sometime in Sept. Will set the date on 8/24 Neurosurgeon visit. Will let you all know when it is.

Wow, I totally missed my 2 year anniversary of vaping on 7/12/15. Can not believe it has been 2 years.

I see a couple of others with anniversaries. Congratulations to you all. Doesn't success feel great????

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread