Status
Not open for further replies.

Renolizzie

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 7, 2012
Northern Nevada, astride the "49er trail
You guys are cracking me up!

I am glad you found a trainer who is actually helping you and Mrs. Awsum contain Leo.

We put horse hot wire low on the back fence hoping to keep the dogs contained. We won't know if its working for a few weeks but I know that Cash touched the wire and is loathe to go near the fence again. We shall see with the two big girls.

3mg Meniere

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 24, 2013
Tomah Wisconsin
I was always wondering what dr pepper is, how it tastes like.
Today i tried one, well that sucks....
I'm not sure the guys who imported in the countries here know that we have a different pallets and it tastes weird.
You are not alone. Would rather have a root beer. Slightly different, but better. Especially with ice cream.

common spelling error-- palate

awsum140

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2012
Sitting down, facing forward.
'afternoon, Volties.

I was out, pardon the expression, doing some "real" work for someone else this morning. Felt strange.

I'm with you guys. Dr. Pepper is just too sweet for my taste. Root beer, with a dollop of good vanilla ice cream in it is really good through, especially on a hot summer day.

Last edited:

celticluvr

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
  • Sep 21, 2013
    'bama
    I actually prefer Sarsparilla to Root Beer... Basically the same thing but stronger. I had it when i visited Texas when i was 15. BUT seing as how I can't get it here... I prefer IBC Root Beer in a glass bottle. If I can't get that for some reason, then Barq's in a can or Mugs work okay... Yeah I'm picky when it comes to RB. LOL.... But I can drink a nice cold Pepsi any way I can get it!!! :wub:

awsum140

Resting In Peace
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 12, 2012
    'moanin, Voltizens.

Why is it holidays mean sales, shopping?

We had a spectacular day yesterday and almost got to 90, 89.7 or so. It's cloudy and rainy this morning but is supposed to clear out around lunch time. I wanted to finish the front yard today, a little raking left, some tree trimming and a quick mow, but that will have to wait 'cause of the rain.

I just saw a new RDA atomizer with an interesting concept built in. It has a temperature sensor in the atomizer and LEDs to indicate relative temperature. Red for too hot, green for the safe range and yellow for low power, ender safe range. Since the sensor is in the atomizer any wire can be used including kanthal. Exactly how it's being done and how accurate it may be is a good question. While it's not probably not as accurate as a lot of the TC devices out there, it does give an indicator of relative safety. Kind of like TC without a TC device.

awsum140

Resting In Peace
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 12, 2012
    'moanin, Volties.

Unfortunately there will be many more vendors and manufacturers suffering the same fate as Provari. From a technical standpoint Provari was well behind the market even before the "deeming". I hope you managed to pick up a couple of good deals before they shut down, Lizzie.

Leo had his second session with the new trainer yesterday. The progress is continuing at an amazing pace, especially compared to the group classes we went to. Sometimes I think she is actually training us on how to train him more than actually training him. She does have a thorough understanding of doggy psychology and that gives her a real advantage. The fact that she shares that knowledge, openly and willingly, makes it so much easier for us and Leo.

Before we started going to her when out walking Leo if he saw someone he would bolt toward them and if he got to them, would jump and paw all over them. I was able to stop him, but it was a fight that needed physical force. Mrs. Awsum had a very hard time under those conditions. Now, since seeing this trainer, he will sit and stay next to either of us when commanded. He does whine and "lean" toward the person, but stays put for the most part. This weekend I want to take him to the local park, if it doesn't rain on Sunday, to see how he does with multiple people and other dogs around.

3mg Meniere

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Mar 24, 2013
    Tomah Wisconsin
    Hi awsum and others.

My handsome Tanka passed away yesterday from a rare and unusual condition. I loved him very much and thought you should know since I talked about him often.
    Oh!! NO!!! This is so sad. All my condolences. I know how much you worked with him.

Reactions: awsum140
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread