Are you done stocking up?

Fozzy71

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 7, 2016
8 Mile + 2.5
I stocked up on flavoring for vape and home use. I decided to order from olive nation since they carry a lot of pg free flavors.
( they are just like real flavors) I can now say I'm done for at least 25 yrs!
I hope you didn't buy 25 yrs worth of flavors. RF says their SC flavors have a shelf life of 12 - 18 months in a cool dark place and 3 - 4 years in the fridge. Do not freeze alcohol based flavors.

leftyandsparky

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 22, 2015
Somewhere in the South
I hope you didn't buy 25 yrs worth of flavors. RF says their SC flavors have a shelf life of 12 - 18 months in a cool dark place and 3 - 4 years in the fridge. Do not freeze alcohol based flavors.
No! I'm done stocking up for 25 yrs, without flavoring. Lol

sofarsogood

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2014
It's interesting how easily the new administration squashed the deeming process after all the hype about how the FDA's hands were tied. 5 years is plenty of time for plenty of science. It's also interesting how little that has effected my vape plans. The mods and atomizers I use everyday were on the market before August 2016 and coul hardly be less expensive. I haven't seen anything newer that's tempting unless you count Arctic Fox firmware upgrades. I'm going to have a 10/20 years supply of everything just so I can stop fretting about it.

I love the proposal to take the nic out of cigs. I've brought it up with most of the smokers I know and they seem to come down between stoic and supportive.

leftyandsparky

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 22, 2015
Somewhere in the South
It's interesting how easily the new administration squashed the deeming process after all the hype about how the FDA's hands were tied. 5 years is plenty of time for plenty of science. It's also interesting how little that has effected my vape plans. The mods and atomizers I use everyday were on the market before August 2016 and coul hardly be less expensive. I haven't seen anything newer that's tempting unless you count Arctic Fox firmware upgrades. I'm going to have a 10/20 years supply of everything just so I can stop fretting about it.

I love the proposal to take the nic out of cigs. I've brought it up with most of the smokers I know and they seem to come down between stoic and supportive.
I'm torn about the proposal, my husband still smokes and a lot of other people I know. It's only going to cause them more money to get their nic fix. I always hated when people would tell me I needed to quilt, so I don't go that route with them. I like telling them they can cut back on cigs with vaping.:)

sofarsogood

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2014
I'm torn about the proposal, my husband still smokes and a lot of other people I know. It's only going to cause them more money to get their nic fix. I always hated when people would tell me I needed to quilt, so I don't go that route with them. I like telling them they can cut back on cigs with vaping.:)
That was my first reaction to the idea but since then I've noticed a study where only ultra low nic cigs were available and number of cigs decreased. My idea, may be mentioned here already, was to ban the sale of rolled cigarettes and make smokers roll their own. I would have supported that when I was a smoker. Regardless these ideas can be researched. One of the hardest things about quitting is cigs are available on every street corner 24/7. So take the nic out or force hand rolling and keep vaping accessible and cheap.

leftyandsparky

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 22, 2015
Somewhere in the South
That was my first reaction to the idea but since then I've noticed a study where only ultra low nic cigs were available and number of cigs decreased. My idea, may be mentioned here already, was to ban the sale of rolled cigarettes and make smokers roll their own. I would have supported that when I was a smoker. Regardless these ideas can be researched. One of the hardest things about quitting is cigs are available on every street corner 24/7. So take the nic out or force hand rolling and keep vaping accessible and cheap.
I can't agree with forcing. You really have to want to quit.

BreSha6869

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 21, 2015
Toronto, Canada
I can't agree with forcing. You really have to want to quit.
I agree.

If rolled cigarettes were banned, cheap and efficient rolling machines would be for sale everywhere. Black market Indian Reserve cigarettes would flourish too. If guns and drugs are readily available, why not cigarettes?

I tried to nicely "force" my wife to quit and take up vaping, but no matter how I tried, she didn't like vaping. I gave up and after 6 months, she suddenly changed her mind on her own and started vaping and hasn't touched a cigarette in almost 18mos.

I hate seeing friends and relatives smoke, but all I can do is recommend them try vaping, give them a cheap starter kit and tell them why vaping is better than smoking. Beyond that, smoking isn't illegal and people,can do what they want.

My cousin and my son's girlfriend are both completely smoke free thanks to me and the other 7 or 8 people I tried to convert are still smoking... I still feel pretty good about that!

leftyandsparky

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 22, 2015
Somewhere in the South
I agree.

If rolled cigarettes were banned, cheap and efficient rolling machines would be for sale everywhere. Black market Indian Reserve cigarettes would flourish too. If guns and drugs are readily available, why not cigarettes?

I tried to nicely "force" my wife to quit and take up vaping, but no matter how I tried, she didn't like vaping. I gave up and after 6 months, she suddenly changed her mind on her own and started vaping and hasn't touched a cigarette in almost 18mos.

I hate seeing friends and relatives smoke, but all I can do is recommend them try vaping, give them a cheap starter kit and tell them why vaping is better than smoking. Beyond that, smoking isn't illegal and people,can do what they want.

My cousin and my son's girlfriend are both completely smoke free thanks to me and the other 7 or 8 people I tried to convert are still smoking... I still feel pretty good about that!
It causes arguments here and I learned that hubby will do what he wants! I just don't like the fact of forcing someone.

leftyandsparky

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 22, 2015
Somewhere in the South
Let me say this, I don't mind lower nicotine cigarettes but you shouldn't take away full strength. Just like with patches and vaping you should be able to step down. This is just more money for BT imo. I really believe it has to be the smokers choice, not the FDA.

Fozzy71

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 7, 2016
8 Mile + 2.5
Let me say this, I don't mind lower nicotine cigarettes but you shouldn't take away full strength. Just like with patches and vaping you should be able to step down. This is just more money for BT imo. I really believe it has to be the smokers choice, not the FDA.
truth! I have quit a lot of very unhealthy habits/addictions over my lifetime but only when I was ready to quit.

puffon

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Sep 18, 2014
    Florida
    Until the media start putting out the truth about vaping, and start to undo all the negative reporting put out the last few years, converting smokers will be difficult.
    The only reporting I saw about the FDAs change, was a stockmarket report stating tobacco stocks took a hit.

BreSha6869

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Nov 21, 2015
    Toronto, Canada
    It causes arguments here and I learned that hubby will do what he wants! I just don't like the fact of forcing someone.
    I found that my wife had to try a ton of different liquids before finding one she liked.

She has zero interest in the hobby aspect of vaping though and could care less about new mods, tanks, etc. Once she found a liquid she liked and tried it for a few days, she didn't miss the cigarettes at all.

It isn't for everyone though.

leftyandsparky

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Nov 22, 2015
    Somewhere in the South
    I found that my wife had to try a ton of different liquids before finding one she liked.

She has zero interest in the hobby aspect of vaping though and could care less about new mods, tanks, etc. Once she found a liquid she liked and tried it for a few days, she didn't miss the cigarettes at all.

It isn't for everyone though.
    I think for my hubby it's being around all the guys on the shop floor.
    No one vapes and I think for him it plays a big role. He's the one that bought the evod kit in the beginning, while living in Georgia a lot of the guys vaped, not so much here in Alabama.

Eskie

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    May 6, 2016
    NY

They didn't say eliminate nicotine from combustible tobacco, but lowering it. That could be used to encourage smokers to give vaping a real shot, as the nicotine levels will not be reduced there. It will take a lot of consumer education to convince them to switch when they've had years of regarding and labeling vaping as the demon's spawn.

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Oct 21, 2015
    It will take a lot of consumer education to convince them to switch when they've had years of regarding and labeling vaping as the demon's spawn.

And that's where, IMO, those of us who vape can be a big help. We can all inform others of the actual truths about vaping, to help correct much of the misinformation and outright lies about it.

I've done that with some friends, neighbors, and past co-workers during the last 3 years. Several of them have totally switched over to vaping and 2 more have been dual using for about 6-8 months now. Also just did it in the last 2 months with my niece who's now dual using. It's unreal how many misconceptions she had about vaping in general, eliquids and nic, etc.!

I agree that being "pushy" about it, or forcing smokers to quit, or to switch to vaping...isn't the right way to go about it at all. IMO, it's that little voice inside all of our heads since we were little kids...that makes many then definitely resist it!

schismz

ECF Veteran
    Aug 2, 2010
    Seattle, WA
    They didn't say eliminate nicotine from combustible tobacco, but lowering it. That could be used to encourage smokers to give vaping a real shot, as the nicotine levels will not be reduced there. It will take a lot of consumer education to convince them to switch when they've had years of regarding and labeling vaping as the demon's spawn.
    I'm not sure I get the point -- from a health perspective -- nicotine isn't the problem, the combustion of tobacco and mode of administration presents 95% of the negative health consequences associated with smoking. So you get ... less drug, more side effects, higher profits for cigarette companies because people will smoke more to get the same nic fix?

Am I missing something here?

In terms of getting everybody else around me who smokes to quit and try vaping instead... that was very exciting back around 2010-2011 or so, but I long ago stopped being a zealot and just answer people's questions if they have them. To each their own, vaping has worked for me, for which I'm very grateful.

BackDoc

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Nov 24, 2010
    Galts Gulch
    I'm not sure I get the point -- from a health perspective -- nicotine isn't the problem, the combustion of tobacco and mode of administration presents 95% of the negative health consequences associated with smoking. So you get ... less drug, more side effects, higher profits for cigarette companies because people will smoke more to get the same nic fix?

Am I missing something here?

In terms of getting everybody else around me who smokes to quit and try vaping instead... that was very exciting back around 2010-2011 or so, but I long ago stopped being a zealot and just answer people's questions if they have them. To each their own, vaping has worked for me, for which I'm very grateful.
    Well stated!

Users who are viewing this thread