Are you done stocking up?

BreSha6869

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 21, 2015
Toronto, Canada
I feel great knowing I'm stocked up! I don't have to worry about anything vape related. Since I'm stocked up, I've already begun Christmas shopping!
Cool! I'll send my Christmas list right over. Alphabetical of course as it is a big list! :p

bnrkwest

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 6, 2011
Somewhere out there
Hello stocker uppers, Just stopped by to say Hi! Can't believe it's been way over a year since I started stocking up and have been done for a year now! I have not bought anything new since spring when I picked up another used Radius and only other thing I have bought is flavors. Has anyone tried Labyrynth? It is now my fav flavor- Labyrinth (FA) Hope everyone is doing well and has everything they need :) Cheers!

Bonskibon

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 11, 2015
Hello stocker uppers, Just stopped by to say Hi! Can't believe it's been way over a year since I started stocking up and have been done for a year now! I have not bought anything new since spring when I picked up another used Radius and only other thing I have bought is flavors. Has anyone tried Labyrynth? It is now my fav flavor- Labyrinth (FA) Hope everyone is doing well and has everything they need :) Cheers!
Nice to see you! :)

bnrkwest

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 6, 2011
Somewhere out there
Thanks :) I keep meaning to pop in but life has been busy LOL I have noticed I need to go thru my stash and maybe sell some things I don't seem to be using, have several T-18 that I loved but have been sticking with my Kafun lite's and Radius so they just sit.

Ipster

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 8, 2012
Hawaii, SAR,HongKong (Stanley)
Thanks :) I keep meaning to pop in but life has been busy LOL I have noticed I need to go thru my stash and maybe sell some things I don't seem to be using, have several T-18 that I loved but have been sticking with my Kafun lite's and Radius so they just sit.

So Same here...and yet in spite of the nagging feeling that I need to PIF things that have never been touched (and seem moved by ppl here), there's the uncertainty. Especially for me, between HK & US. Anything could change tomorrow. I keep ordering DIY, yet I dont DIY. Last vape mail came without the "nic"!! An indication or bona fide error?
I guess the answer for the long run, isnt "how many years supply do I have?" but "how long until I quit vaping?"

Sadly I was hit hard by ProVape's closure, as if a psalm from Vape Heaven..,"this was to guide you through the tunnel".
Its coming on 5 years since I went near tobacco....long past due to break the "nic" strangle hold. (imho)...so starting to gradually decrease the mg.

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2015
Its coming on 5 years since I went near tobacco....long past due to break the "nic" strangle hold. (imho)...so starting to gradually decrease the mg.

Did you know that in fairly recent medical studies...they're finding actual clinically proven benefits of nicotine? Yep...for helping Parkinson's patients and IIRC for slowing down the progression of Alzheimer's. I'll see if I can find the website where it was reported. I remember when someone first posted about it on ECF...more than a few people said they'd probably think twice about lowering theirs as they'd planned to, because ALZ runs in their family. Others said they'd give it some thought, too.

I've personally actually raised my nic mg in my DIY gradually over 6 months, from 6mg to 7mg. It's helped me get back to "my normal" metabolism, that got whacked when I quit smoking Jan. 2014 and was vaping 6mg until last January. With my doctor's approval, I slowly increased it just .5mg every 3 months. Doing absolutely nothing different other than that...I've dropped 11 of the pounds I'd gained, and my energy level is nearly 100% back to what it was for 40+ years! So for me, it has definitely been beneficial, too.

Everyone has to do what's right for them though. If you'll feel better about lowering it...I'd say go for it! :thumbs:

By the way...long time no see you here! Good to see you post again. I remembered you immediately because of your avatar. :)

MikeE3

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2011
Skippack, PA

Fozzy71

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 7, 2016
8 Mile + 2.5
Huh? What am I missing. There's ProvariFueil, which is currently off-line, but what do you mean about 'opening under new ownership'?

I don't recall if it was this forum or another but they opened their vendor forum back up again and said they will be releasing new stock/versions of some of the provari mods IIRC.

edit to add: Welcome back Reosmods!

oh wait, is reos not provari? my bad, all before my time

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2013
SE PA
is reos not provari?

ZYJh90K.jpg

Ipster

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 8, 2012
Did you know that in fairly recent medical studies...they're finding actual clinically proven benefits of nicotine? Yep...for helping Parkinson's patients and IIRC for slowing down the progression of Alzheimer's. I'll see if I can find the website where it was reported. I remember when someone first posted about it on ECF...more than a few people said they'd probably think twice about lowering theirs as they'd planned to, because ALZ runs in their family. Others said they'd give it some thought, too.

I've personally actually raised my nic mg in my DIY gradually over 6 months, from 6mg to 7mg. It's helped me get back to "my normal" metabolism, that got whacked when I quit smoking Jan. 2014 and was vaping 6mg until last January. With my doctor's approval, I slowly increased it just .5mg every 3 months. Doing absolutely nothing different other than that...I've dropped 11 of the pounds I'd gained, and my energy level is nearly 100% back to what it was for 40+ years! So for me, it has definitely been beneficial, too.

Everyone has to do what's right for them though. If you'll feel better about lowering it...I'd say go for it! :thumbs:

By the way...long time no see you here! Good to see you post again. I remembered you immediately because of your avatar. :)
TYVM, I would be interested in that read!
Yep...last year was tough (I hate the Debbie Downer's)- but worth saying one of our lungs has 3 lobes, the other has 2. I had a procedure called VATS...HOWEVER, there's absolutely no relationship to prior tobacco use!, none.
I'd fought Ovarian c in 90s, so my err in thinking I was AOK, to find now its back in a couple of distal points...
one was exterior lobe surface. Obviously I have other motivations. I'm doing OK, rebuilding basic daily health at a little local gym.
Ive just headed back to work after 4? years of barely working.
I love the old joke, when youve got the time, nothing gets done; you dont have the ambition (forum talk)
When you no longer have any extra time, everything gets done...perhaps in smaller amounts.

I used to decry Nicotine as the finest legal drug ever delivered for human libations. That was reading what was known more than a decade ago.
If you cant locate the read, ....some tips about where it was found...

I recall your avatar too...thanks for connect.
warmest aloha

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2015
@Ipster - Oh my! I just can't imagine all you've gone through and are still dealing with. It really puts into proper perspective how really trivial many things are, that people think are major or too trying. That old saying comes to mind, regarding someone who was constantly complaining about not having more pairs of shoes...until they met someone who had no feet.

I'll hope for a speedy and successful rebuilding of your health, and that you don't have more to deal with than you already have. Seems to me you've had your fair share and then some...already! :thumbs:

I looked back in discussions on ECF about nicotine use and levels, the pros/cons of it, etc. and found many threads and posts that popped up in my search. Luckily, 1 of them contained the link below (to the Tampa Bay Times article from 2014)...about the study I referenced earlier.

Study finds nicotine safe, helps in Alzheimer's, Parkinson's

There are others I've seen posted, too. I'll keep searching and post any more I may find.

Last edited:

Ipster

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 8, 2012
@Ipster - Oh my! I just can't imagine all you've gone through and are still dealing with. It really puts into proper perspective how really trivial many things are, that people think are major or too trying. That old saying comes to mind, regarding someone who was constantly complaining about not having more pairs of shoes...until they met someone who had no feet.

I'll hope for a speedy and successful rebuilding of your health, and that you don't have more to deal with than you already have. Seems to me you've had your fair share and then some...already! :thumbs:

I looked back in discussions on ECF about nicotine use and levels, the pros/cons of it, etc. and found many threads and posts that popped up in my search. Luckily, 1 of them contained the link below (to the Tampa Bay Times article from 2014)...about the study I referenced earlier.

Study finds nicotine safe, helps in Alzheimer's, Parkinson's

There are others I've seen posted, too. I'll keep searching and post any more I may find.

Awesome, TYVM, Im off to read now. Thanks too for support, the ecf community is a great place. Fortunately I'm an eternal optimist, and treasure each day.
Have a great week!

Ipster

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 8, 2012
fyi: they have re-opened under new ownership
TYVM Fozzy71,
I'd seen this posted around. It's maybe good news if true~! May be total B.S? We all know much of what made ProVape was the dedication of the company's owners to its customers. I noodled around a bit and have NOT verified its re opened under new ownership.

What I find (late August 2017), is ProVari P2s the old Tube models, are sold in Romania.
I also find many dated web caches, but no re opening under new ownership of ProVape or the ProVari Mods.
Hv a great week= vape w/glee.

Last edited:
Reactions: Zen Knitter

Fozzy71

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 7, 2016
8 Mile + 2.5
TYVM Fozzy71,
I'd seen this posted around. It's maybe good news? We all know much of what made ProVape was the dedication of
the company's owners to its customers. I'll noodle around a bit and see how its all going under new ownership.
Hv a great week= vape w/glee.
I was wrong. It was reos mods that I had saw had reopened under new management. Apologies for the wrong info, I didn't realize they were 2 different companies as I have only been vaping a couple years and never used either of their mods.

Bonskibon

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 11, 2015
I was wrong. It was reos mods that I had saw had reopened under new management. Apologies for the wrong info, I didn't realize they were 2 different companies as I have only been vaping a couple years and never used either of their mods.
I thought they were the same company too. Never used them either.

Ipster

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 8, 2012
TYVM YKruss.
I too stumble across various articles in magazine culture. Its my SOP to seek out the references and double down on
search for peer reviewed research in support of the articles premise.
Im pleased, usually with what I find recently on vaping. That being said, we can all find support pro and con, re:moderate alcohol consumption too.
individual choices.
Vape with glee.

Users who are viewing this thread