Are you done stocking up?

JC Okie

REOnaut
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 2, 2010
Tulsa, OK
Well, its for vg and pg, im learning that boston round bottles are expensive. Any ideas what ells i could store a gallon of vg in? Maybe make it last 2 years?

Just the bottles cost more than the vg itself!
I just leave my VG in the gallon jug it comes in and store it under the cabinet. It sits on a shelf in Walmart for a long time. I don't feel the need to freeze either PG or VG. Others may feel differently.

Andromendous

ECF Veteran
Jul 12, 2014
Oklahoma, USA
I just leave my VG in the gallon jug it comes in and store it under the cabinet. It sits on a shelf in Walmart for a long time. I don't feel the need to freeze either PG or VG. Others may feel differently.
Walmart sells gallon jugs of vg??

JC Okie

REOnaut
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 2, 2010
Tulsa, OK
No. But they sell little 8 oz. bottles. And they just sit out on the shelves. It's called Glycerin (Humco brand). Also, I used to buy PG by the gallon at Tractor Supply and Southern Agriculture stores. I finally started buying it by the gallon from Essential Depot because it was so much cheaper. None of them refrigerate it....and neither do I. I have a gallon of each I've been using out of for months and months. Have never refrigerated it.

HazyShades

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Jan 7, 2015
Sandbox, USSA
I know the grocery store sells 4 oz bottles of VG. I think craft stores sell it in larger quantities for making fancy icings for fancy cakes.

VG or glycerol is used for making cleansing oils, clear soaps, herbal preparations, facial creams, and baking pan grease.

PG or propylene glycol (from wiki) is used as a humectant (E1520), solvent, and preservative in food and for tobacco products. Propylene glycol is also used in various edible items such as coffee-based drinks, liquid sweeteners, ice cream, whipped dairy products and soda. Vaporizers used for delivery of pharmaceuticals or personal-care products often include propylene glycol among the ingredients. Propylene glycol is used as a solvent in many pharmaceuticals, including oral, injectable and topical formulations, such as for diazepam and lorazepam which are insoluble in water. <end paste>

Both are available in hardware stores, grocery stores and pharmacies and in my experience not refrigerated.
I keep both VG and PG in liter bottles in the fridge. The nicotine in 100mg/ml in VG in the original plastic containers in the freezer. I decant as necessary into 120 ml Boston rounds..soon to be little mason jars.

Two_Bears

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2015
Northern Arizona
...those look REALLY nice. :)

I procrastinated getting a Coilmaster ohm reader.
I just built my first KFL coil on it. :facepalm:
Night and day difference!!! Can't believe I waited sooooooo long!! (YMMV, but I love :wub: it!)
My DH always says that the right tools make all the difference, and for me, this was a much needed one. :)
Happy camper. :D
Coil building is not that hard even i can do it even though i only have two fingers that work on my left hand.

I just wish the kayfun had Post holes.

Two_Bears

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2015
Northern Arizona
for Nic i used pint (you could use quart size i figure) size canning jars from walmart.. make sure to use the wide mouth 'freezer' jars. dont use the standard canning lids.. get the BPA free lids that usually hang above.. 'white plastic' $8 for 12 jars if memory serves.

for vg/pg,, most of the people i have read just keep those in a cool dark closet/box..i think that is probably fine as they have stored it for years that way
I keep my VG and PG under my sink with dish soap, glass cleaner etc

Two_Bears

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2015
Northern Arizona
If they store PG/VG in storerooms for long periods, I wouldn't worry about it. I would be more worried about the plastic bottles I linked to since I don't know much about the type of pastic.

But, I would only use smaller plastic bottles for short term and wash and dry them between uses.

It may actually be better to use glass. I don't know. But, how many years did the PG/VG sit on the shelf waiting to be bought. I assume it's ok as long as they stay in a cool, dark place.

As far as I know, it's the nic that needs to be protected from plastic for long term storage.

But, I think glass is always better for storage, for anything. I hate to drink from anything but glass. It just doesn't seem quite clean in anything else.
VG is good for two years just sitting at room Temperature in the plastic bottles they are sold in.
Not sute of the longevity of PG.

I don't like plastic either.

Btw #1 and #2 plastic are fine. They are BPA free.

Two_Bears

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2015
Northern Arizona
If you are buying vg in gallon containers, as long as they are in a cool, dark, dry place will last for years. Transfer smaller amts into smaller containers and use as needed.
:)
Correct

Light and heat are the big destroyers of Ejuice.

kross8

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 20, 2016
stuck in a squishy pod called my brain
i heard that long ago walmart sold it by the gallon, but not anymore. now its sold in 177ml/6oz bottles (i bought many over the last year). you can get larger sizes from 'feed stores'... stores that service horses/cows/farms.. mine is $26gallon, its cheaper to just buy from Amazon or ED that sales 'cubes'..
4 1gallon jugs $48 +shipping..
lets pretend $18 for shipping
48+18=66,,,,,
66/4=$16 a gallon shipped
i think amazon had quart sized vg/pg for $12-$13.. free shipping with Prime

4 Gallons PG-VG Crazy Pricing: Essential Depot

LoriP1702

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Coil building is not that hard even i can do it even though i only have two fingers that work on my left hand.

I just wish the Kayfun had Post holes.
No, I've been making coils for about three years now, I got the ohm/voltage meter.
You can also use it to secure your deck while attaching your coil.
Coil Master 521 Tab - Coil Master

Wouldn't that be awesome if they had posts!! :nun:
I have a few different ones that do, and they're wonderful. :)

oplholik

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2011
San Bernardino area, So. Cal.
I keep my VG and PG under my sink with dish soap, glass cleaner etc

The problem I would have with this is that the odors from all the different items in an enclosed space might be taken up by the plastic vg/pg containers, then leached out into the vg/pg.

Fozzy71

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 7, 2016
8 Mile + 2.5
The problem I would have with this is that the odors from all the different items in an enclosed space might be taken up by the plastic vg/pg containers, then leached out into the vg/pg.
agreed, I wouldn't keep it with cleaning products. Mine is downstairs in a cabinet with other diy supplies. Michigan basements are nice and cool/dark.

oplholik

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2011
San Bernardino area, So. Cal.
Can you all think of any reason for PG & VG & 18350 batteries to be ome difficult to buy? I cant think of a reason since they’re all used outside the vaping community but i want to be sure I'm not overlooking something

Pg/vg, I can't see a problem obtaining, 18350 batteries, I'm not sure. I don't know if they are used in flashlights or not, or what other uses there are for that small battery.

Users who are viewing this thread