Are you done stocking up?

Alien Traveler

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 3, 2014
United States
I am so sorry, but anything that reacts that drastically with plastics or o-rings is not going into my body...
For a while I was of the same opinion. But then I remembered about hydrochloric acid. It dissolves metals. And it is produced by our stomachs...
Anyway, it is of no real concern for me since I vape juice with only about 0.5-1% of flavorings. Hate to see any of flavorings in my lungs.

Last edited:

440BB

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 19, 2011
The Motor City
Eleven days of waiting so far for my Heavens Gifts order, Shanghai EMS shows nothing new, so I got a little vapemail fix. Eight 400mah Ego's on closeout for stealth situations, from a US vendor. I WILL see something next week!

Detroit Doug

ECF Veteran
Oct 18, 2015
Detroit
For rayon what I did is cut the tails to a point which took out about half the bulk. The coil was full of rayon but not so full it distorted the coil. I took about an inch of rayon and drafted out the fibers- gently pulled them out to give me a 2 inch piece, then I twisted it lengthwise and put that in the coil, it was tight but I could still move it without pulling the coil. This is a spinning technique that loosens the fibers to make them easier to spin and I thought why not try it with the rayon LOL I seemed to work well :)

I was 'drafting' my rayon, and didn't realize it..lol. I found a video on youtube by doing a 'drafting out fibers' search and came up with a few videos. They showed the process perfectly. Yes, a few inches for wicking is a much smaller scale, but it's doing the same thing. It gets the fibers aligned, and thins out the diameter of the piece you're working with.

I cut about 5 or 6 inches of rayon from the box, and split it down the middle. Sometimes that still seems a little thick, so I pinch the rayon in 2 spots, an inch or two apart, and give a gentle tug in opposite directions. You can feel the fibers 'slip' a little. I do that in a couple of different places on the piece I'm working with, and might end up with a piece that is now 7 or 8 inches long.

I found the method just by trial & error, and it worked well, so I continued doing it. It took someone that really knows about the process to give it a name. Thanks !

Semiretired

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 24, 2011
Middle Georgia
Anyway, it is of no real concern for me since I vape juice with only about 0.5-1% of flavorings. Hate to see any of flavorings in my lungs.

Yes, I vape with less than 2% myself. I admit I only get a hint of flavor in the taste, but after vaping at this level for awhile - full flavors are over powering. And your stomach having acid in it for digestion duty is not the same as your lungs. Have you ever had acid reflux - while your stomach may be able to handle the acid the rest of your body seems to not care for it...

Alien Traveler

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 3, 2014
United States
Yes, I vape with less than 2% myself. I admit I only get a hint of flavor in the taste, but after vaping at this level for awhile - full flavors are over powering. And your stomach having acid in it for digestion duty is not the same as your lungs. Have you ever had acid reflux - while your stomach may be able to handle the acid the rest of your body seems to not care for it...
I agree.

bnrkwest

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 6, 2011
Somewhere out there
I was 'drafting' my rayon, and didn't realize it..lol. I found a video on youtube by doing a 'drafting out fibers' search and came up with a few videos. They showed the process perfectly. Yes, a few inches for wicking is a much smaller scale, but it's doing the same thing. It gets the fibers aligned, and thins out the diameter of the piece you're working with.

I cut about 5 or 6 inches of rayon from the box, and split it down the middle. Sometimes that still seems a little thick, so I pinch the rayon in 2 spots, an inch or two apart, and give a gentle tug in opposite directions. You can feel the fibers 'slip' a little. I do that in a couple of different places on the piece I'm working with, and might end up with a piece that is now 7 or 8 inches long.

I found the method just by trial & error, and it worked well, so I continued doing it. It took someone that really knows about the process to give it a name. Thanks !
Good job! Yes you are drafting LOL It does get any lumps bumps out and opens the fibers for a more lofty fiber. Some interesting tid bit from by fiber dyeing days, is one of the hardest fibers to hydrate and get to absorb dye is cotton, one of the easiest is rayon. Rayon is hydrophilic, attracts water, cotton repels it until it finally gets saturated then it is fine. I see the same thing with wicks, the rayon absorbs juice like crazy, cotton takes a bit more to get it saturated.

bnrkwest

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 6, 2011
Somewhere out there
Tried the FT base and the plastic tank that came with the Ephro. Screws worked, used a pre wrapped coil, rayon wick, using peach southern tea and it is working great :) I fired it several times after juiced up in the coil master thingy that you burn coils with and it was working great, then filled tank and let it sit 15 min and so far so good. I luv these Kayfun's :)

mikepetro

Vape Geek
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 22, 2013
Newport News, Virginia, United States
Good job! Yes you are drafting LOL It does get any lumps bumps out and opens the fibers for a more lofty fiber. Some interesting tid bit from by fiber dyeing days, is one of the hardest fibers to hydrate and get to absorb dye is cotton, one of the easiest is rayon. Rayon is hydrophilic, attracts water, cotton repels it until it finally gets saturated then it is fine. I see the same thing with wicks, the rayon absorbs juice like crazy, cotton takes a bit more to get it saturated.
Oh gawd, you are bringing back memories from my Dyehouse days. Cant say I miss them a bit. A dyehouse "drugroom" has got to be one of the nastiest places on the planet.....

Reactions: LoriP1702

Two_Bears

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2015
Northern Arizona
You can add Licorice (anise) and Clove flavors to the list of tank cracker/frosters. I use a Pineapple juice that added a slight frost to my plastic H2 clearo's, so I think it was a bit harsh. I have a key lime that killed tanks and even made the silicone fittings in the clearo swell up and die.

Strawberry, peach, and watermelon have all been good for me in both the H2 tanks and the fancy Aspire ones I have now. Mine are less sweet, so the coils last a long time before they turn brown and gunky.
Thanks to the addition to my list.

Two_Bears

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2015
Northern Arizona
I sure hope they don't. What I would hope is that they find a method to stretch what they have and taper down to a level that is quotable. I do not want anyone going back to smokes...
I don't want them back on tge cancer sticks either but some bwull not be bothered to rebuild Ir DIY juice.

They are still adicted to nicotine. If 99% of vape gear goes away they may not have a choice.

I wish they would prep, rebuild, or DIY so what do you do?

Mowgli

Runs with scissors
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 25, 2013
Taxachusetts
Graham Professional 3lb box of cellucotton for just under $18 at the local Sally's.
Does that sound about right? Is there a smaller box widely available?
That is the product otherwise known as rayon that y'all are raving about right?

Two_Bears

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2015
Northern Arizona
Tried the FT base and the plastic tank that came with the Ephro. Screws worked, used a pre wrapped coil, rayon wick, using peach southern tea and it is working great :) I fired it several times after juiced up in the coil master thingy that you burn coils with and it was working great, then filled tank and let it sit 15 min and so far so good. I luv these Kayfun's :)
Me too.

When i got into RTAs i never gave Kayfun a chance. I thought it was old tech.

I was vaping a GMini abd loving the flavor. Jim G got a Kayfun w bell cap, and darn if it wasn't almost as good as my GMini.

Reactions: LoriP1702

mikepetro

Vape Geek
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 22, 2013
Graham Professional 3lb box of cellucotton for just under $18 at the local Sally's.
Does that sound about right? Is there a smaller box widely available?
That is the product otherwise known as rayon that y'all are raving about right?
About 33% cheaper here:

https://www.amazon.com/Graham-Profe...F8&qid=1475274875&sr=8-2&keywords=cellucotton

ETA: Not really cheaper per foot, but lower price of admission, and 40 ft is probably the better part of a lifetime's worth.

Last edited:

Two_Bears

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2015
Northern Arizona

bnrkwest

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 6, 2011
Somewhere out there
Coil or one of the cut ends of the coil touching the sides? Tight in there...
Took it apart and tucked those tiny cut offs under the screws and still got an error, then I noticed the base it self was off, the metal piece above the insulator was cockeyed and touching the other side, so fixed that and am getting a good reading, so will try to put it back again and hope for the best! LOL Geez so glad I don't use mech's, it was fine at first for a reading on coil master and first few puffs then went bad on me, ack!

mikepetro

Vape Geek
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 22, 2013

Users who are viewing this thread