Are you done stocking up?

Two_Bears

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2015
Northern Arizona
Two_Bears, I want to say thank you for all of your help and advice on the bell caps, ect. I'm loving the shorty Kayfuns!
Well you certainly welcome to any help i provided.

I LOVE the little beastie.

Back in the days of vaping the Freakshow Mini, and Rogue RDAs i learned Height was a flavor killer.

Then I got the Goblin Mini, and Silverplay Nano and fell in LOVE with short RTAs.

If i could buy spare bases, chimneys, and bell caps for the Silverplay Nano those are all i would use. Since i can't tge Shorty kayfun works well.

Two_Bears

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2015
Northern Arizona
Well you certainly welcome to any help i provided.

I LOVE the little beastie.

Back in the days of vaping the Freakshow Mini, and Rogue RDAs i learned Height was a flavor killer.

Then I got the Goblin Mini, and Silverplay Nano and fell in LOVE with short RTAs.

If i could buy spare bases, chimneys, and bell caps for the Silverplay Nano those are all i would use. Since i can't tge Shorty Kayfun works well.

Update. I took the fill screw out of an Orchid V3 and tried it in tge KFL+V2. It works fantastic. Just in case you see Orchid RTA for parts.

I thought it would work and works better than the fill screw that came with my KFL+V2. This one is about 2-3 mm longer abd can get it out with fingernails instead of needing to use a magnet.

englishmick

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2014
Naptown, Indiana
I think I got my final bottle of nicotine. Now I need a chest freezer lol.

I never had a good handle on how much juice I was getting through. I have a dozen or so flavors that I make in small bottles, a few I make in larger bottles because I'm not messing with the recipe any more. I regularly use several Protanks and a Kayfun and a couple of Lemos. Hard to know how much juice I consumed but I guessed anywhere up to 10 mls a day.

The last few weeks I got really busy and ended up with just one big bottle of flavor left, and only using a Kayfun and a mini PT. Finally was able to figure out I'm getting through around 3 mls a day. That might be a little less than normal because of being busy, but not much less. Unless you keep records of some kind or only use one tank it's not easy to know for sure how much you're going through.

I suspect maybe my consumption has declined over time. Vaping has become just something I do rather than a consuming hobby.

The good news is that my calculation of how long my nic will last has stretched out to the distant future.

sketchness

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 3, 2014
Sacramento, CA
I never had a good handle on how much juice I was getting through. I have a dozen or so flavors that I make in small bottles, a few I make in larger bottles because I'm not messing with the recipe any more. I regularly use several Protanks and a Kayfun and a couple of Lemos. Hard to know how much juice I consumed but I guessed anywhere up to 10 mls a day.

The last few weeks I got really busy and ended up with just one big bottle of flavor left, and only using a Kayfun and a mini PT. Finally was able to figure out I'm getting through around 3 mls a day. That might be a little less than normal because of being busy, but not much less. Unless you keep records of some kind or only use one tank it's not easy to know for sure how much you're going through.

I suspect maybe my consumption has declined over time. Vaping has become just something I do rather than a consuming hobby.

The good news is that my calculation of how long my nic will last has stretched out to the distant future.

Yeah I had this notion in my head that i vape between 15 and 20mls a day. But I started keeping track of how often I refill my bottle and realized it is much less. I go through roughly 10mls a day on average. I only drip and rarely use anything other than my large bottle of custard so usage was pretty easy to calculate. My son and I go through a bit less than 20 a day, an 800ml batch lasts us almost 45 days. It sort of shattered my whole cloud chasing stud persona! lol

I think I have about 9 liters in the fridge now. Like you most of the time my vaping is pretty subdued. Unless I am bored i have plenty of other things to be doing.

englishmick

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2014
Naptown, Indiana
Yeah I had this notion in my head that i vape between 15 and 20mls a day. But I started keeping track of how often I refill my bottle and realized it is much less. I go through roughly 10mls a day on average. I only drip and rarely use anything other than my large bottle of custard so usage was pretty easy to calculate. My son and I go through a bit less than 20 a day, an 800ml batch lasts us almost 45 days. It sort of shattered my whole cloud chasing stud persona! lol

I think I have about 9 liters in the fridge now. Like you most of the time my vaping is pretty subdued. Unless I am bored i have plenty of other things to be doing.

Interesting Sketch. I joined ECF a week before you did. Maybe we're on similar trajectories. I've saved a bit more money than you. I smoked American Spirit which cost a bunch.

I've got 4 1/2 L put away for me, the wife, and a grandson. I make separate recipes for them. They each have one they vape exclusively. She only vapes occasionally now, he's got a deadline to quit or start taking care of himself. He refuses to buy nic because he's sure he will quit soon. After the next box of Nauti coils. Or the box after that. Even with them on the payroll I reckon I'm good for longer than I'm likely to be around.

BreSha6869

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 21, 2015
Toronto, Canada

I thought I went thru 15ml+ a day and recently realized it was closer to 6ml.

I generally have 4-5 different tanks/mods/flavours gong at any given time and I make some juice in 180ml batches and others in 100, 60 or 30ml.... So good luck figuring out consumption.

Once I actually watched how much I vaped, I was surprised it was so low.

I am also using mechanical devices at 0.2-0.5ohms, so 2mg nic is all I need these days (was 12mg then 6mg). My nic stockpile is gonna outlast me at this rate!

grandmato5

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 30, 2010
WNY
I vape about 5 ml per day. Some days less, some days more. If I'm out of the house and busy all day I may only go through 2 ml. On days I'm home and using a tank I tend to go through more. Overall my yearly usage hasn't changed much since I started vaping. The difference between then and now is that the first few years I was pretty consistent with vaping the same amount each day and the past couple of years my usage varies a lot on different days, but still comes out about the same overall.

Every few months I do pay close attention to how much I'm using for a few days just out of curiosity and because I mix all my e-juice ahead of time for the 15 weeks we are in Florida each year so I need to know how much to take with me. :)

Haktuspit

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Feb 13, 2013
    Denver, CO
    Rushing to get all this packing done. Sell my car tomorrow, fly Saturday! I like living on the edge. Actually the girl I'm selling it to is awesome we both say how we feel we made a new friend, all car sales should be like this. Don't expect any issues.

As far as how I shipped stuff... Basically I gave up and just started tossing crap in boxes. Tank in this shoe, mod in that one, luckily I was shipping a lot of sneakers they make for nice mod/tank storage. Dad said my 2L of nic made it home safe and I've shipped enough of my stockpile to him already that I'm not worried.

Airplane should be easy, take everything as a carry on, leave batteries in mod, shut em off, right?

Going to try not to leave much juice in the tanks for take off, I've had leaking. And you can bet your behind I'm grabbing some snus before I leave, nobody puts Haktuspit on an airplane without nicotine for 6+ hours.

Juice bottle probably better as a carry on item correct? I have like exactly 100ml of HHV left, timed this perfect.

Anyone gotta any other suggestions let me know! I'll check in before I leave.

salemgold

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 5, 2010
    South Carolina
    pick the first option,, never ship DHL to the states.....its part of the Jones Act,,,-->>non American. as an American you might want to use them to ship something to Europe,, but you will wait through an incredible customs process on the receiving end here in the states........when I worked ships,, it was a major thing to avoid my parts coming in DHL if i planned to put them on the ship here,, if i was simply arranging for the parts to chase the ship to Rotterdam.. then i was ok

Darn. I hate to .... in here but after reading your post I have to put my experience out there. I have ordered boat loads of stuff from DH Gate and from overseas in general. I always look for only DHL shipping. I always get my packages in less than 1 week shipping DHL. Never an issue with customs or any issues at all.

Many of us that used to frequent coop buys would strongly disagree and urge folks to indeed use DHL. :) It has always been the quickest and most reliable for vape gear shipments in the 6 years plus that I have been vaping. :2c:

kross8

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Feb 20, 2016
    stuck in a squishy pod called my brain
    Darn. I hate to .... in here but after reading your post I have to put my experience out there. I have ordered boat loads of stuff from DH Gate and from overseas in general. I always look for only DHL shipping. I always get my packages in less than 1 week shipping DHL. Never an issue with customs or any issues at all.

Many of us that used to frequent coop buys would strongly disagree and urge folks to indeed use DHL. :) It has always been the quickest and most reliable for vape gear shipments in the 6 years plus that I have been vaping. :2c:
    the only thing i can think of is i was doing all commercial shipping,, where all/most of you were doing private shipping.

440BB

Vaping Master
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Apr 19, 2011
    The Motor City
    I've received DHL shipments from China post 8/8 within a couple days so far, but I am concerned about a few recent reports of customs hangups or charges. My Chinese epackets seem to take longer than previously, about a month, but so far I haven't heard of any being held or additional charges.

Two_Bears

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 4, 2015
    Northern Arizona
    Rushing to get all this packing done. Sell my car tomorrow, fly Saturday! I like living on the edge. Actually the girl I'm selling it to is awesome we both say how we feel we made a new friend, all car sales should be like this. Don't expect any issues.

As far as how I shipped stuff... Basically I gave up and just started tossing crap in boxes. Tank in this shoe, mod in that one, luckily I was shipping a lot of sneakers they make for nice mod/tank storage. Dad said my 2L of nic made it home safe and I've shipped enough of my stockpile to him already that I'm not worried.

Airplane should be easy, take everything as a carry on, leave batteries in mod, shut em off, right?

Going to try not to leave much juice in the tanks for take off, I've had leaking. And you can bet your behind I'm grabbing some snus before I leave, nobody puts Haktuspit on an airplane without nicotine for 6+ hours.

Juice bottle probably better as a carry on item correct? I have like exactly 100ml of HHV left, timed this perfect.

With so many problems with Lithium Ion batteries take the batteries iutbans store them in a container.

They have gotten more stressed about Li-On batteries with Hoverboards and tge Samsung Galaxy Note phone don't give them any reason to pull you out of line or confiscate your mods.

Sara Love

ECF Veteran
    May 31, 2014

Congrats on selling your car. Glad your Nic/gear made it to your dads ok. Safe travels!! Sorry no suggestions, haven't flown in a few years.

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Oct 21, 2015

Before taking 6 different flights while on my Alaska trip this summer, I checked the TSA website AND called them to clarify about Li-Ion batteries on flights. Read and was told...that ALL items containing those batteries MUST be in carry-on luggage only. Also, that they must be IN the item that uses them, with the electronic item turned off.

I had no problem taking 3 different mods with me following those exact directions. Every checkpoint sent me right through screening...never a question or problem.

Also, I took a bunch of juice with me (several 30mL and 50mL bottles). Guidelines say as long as each bottle contains no more than 3.4 ozs...they're fine. Your 100mL bottle might be pushing it (questionable to them)...because that's 3.38140225589 ozs. They aren't going to do a conversion right there to see that it just barely sneaks in under the maximum amount allowed to be in 1 bottle. If I were you, and had them, I'd definitely split it into 2 bottles. Otherwise, they can pitch your 100mL bottle right then and there! IF you don't have any, but you have time, I'd go to Dollar Tree, CVS, Walgreens, etc. and get a little pack of the plastic travel size bottles to use.

Just make sure whatever liquids, gels, etc. that you take are ALL in 1 Quart-sized Ziplock type baggie that you can easily get to as you go through screening. Some airport screeners had all passengers take the baggie out and place it in 1 of those tote trays, and some didn't. Signs at the beginning of the screening lines should tell you one way or the other.

Haktuspit

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Feb 13, 2013
    Denver, CO
    If I were you, and had them, I'd definitely split it into 2 bottles. Otherwise, they can pitch your 100mL bottle right then and there!

*Runs to the recycle bin to grab that 50 ml bottle I combined with the rest of the 100ml*

Thanks JC appreciate all that. That's how I understood it with mods but it just doesn't sound right, nice to know someone has called to harass and then tested because I do NOT have the time right now lol.

Gonna be rolling through security with 4 mods.

And thanks everyone.

Users who are viewing this thread