440BB

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 19, 2011
The Motor City
Here is their reply
Due to the new regulations, any Pennsylvania orders will be charged 40% tax at checkout. If you have any questions, please feel free to ask.

-philly

Wow, unless I misread the new law, it is the responsibility of the PA buyer to pay the tax on out of state purchases. Choosing to do this to an entire state of vapers when it appears unnecessary is ridiculous. I'll assume they don't really need my business in Michigan either going forward.

Reactions: bnrkwest

beckdg

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 1, 2013
TN
Here is their reply
Due to the new regulations, any Pennsylvania orders will be charged 40% tax at checkout. If you have any questions, please feel free to ask.

-philly
Looks like I'll be contacting my brother and letting him know he can use my address in TN then.

The way he spends money and knowing he's a new vaper, he'd gain to save a small fortune even after shipping everything twice.

Tapatyped

Two_Bears

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2015
Northern Arizona
You should definitely DIY. I just made 420ml of different flavors of juice in about 2 hours. (I take my time when mixing). Cost me maybe $15.
While people are buying ejuice at the store for $6-12 per 10 mls. Making 30 mls of juice only costs me $1.30.

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
While people are buying ejuice at the store for $6-12 per 10 mls. Making 30 mls of Juice only costs me $1.30.

$1.30? That's expensive. The last time I did the math on mine and came out to less than $1 for 100 ml. But my flavorings add up to no more than 10%, usually less. Oh, and my nic is also typically 6 mg.

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
between here and there
I have gotten some freebie ejuices from some vendors when buying their hardware.......and I gotta say...eeeew.....I think once you DIY and find the flavors you really like, those store bought ones taste awful. I think they are heavy handed on the flavoring because most who use them are just starting out with vaping and their taste buds haven't fully come back yet.

Fozzy71

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 7, 2016
8 Mile + 2.5
I have gotten some freebie ejuices from some vendors when buying their hardware.......and I gotta say...eeeew.....I think once you DIY and find the flavors you really like, those store bought ones taste awful. I think they are heavy handed on the flavoring because most who use them are just starting out with vaping and their taste buds haven't fully come back yet.
indeed. I am vaping on a bottle and half of some super charged heaven ry2k that I bought last spring or summer before I got into DIY. It used to be one of my faves before I got into DIY but it then got moved to the back of the cabinet. I didn't want to let it go to waste since it cost me $30/120ml when on sale and I must say I am not really a fan anymore, and it is already gunking up my rayon and coils after just a few tanks in my limitless combo rdta. I can vape 150ml+ of my DIY (I dont use sucralose anymore, just stevia in a few recipes) and my rayon will be like new even after the coils are due to be dry burned.

Verb

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 26, 2014
Eastern, PA, USA
Yep, PA DoR is telling out of state online retailers they need a license to sell to customers in PA. The issue is the tax is supposed to be on the wholesale cost to the retailer if the customer is not remitting the tax themself. Implementation has been all over the place online and for in-state B&M stores.

I imagine they are using the information from the tax forms of customers who self reported purchases to target retailers with threats if they don't play ball.

Reactions: bnrkwest

sofarsogood

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2014
In another thread someone wrote that the oled screens in our mods may cease to light up in 10 years even wthout use. I did some searching and have decided it might be true. Now I'm looking for someone in electronic repair (or may be I'll ask one of the companies who make my mods) if the screens and cable connectors are generic so that may be in 10 years compatible screens and connectors will be available as parts from other sources even if the mods are not because of government interference.

Even if replacement screens are not available some boards like the dna's, picos and vtc minis have software available to view the status of the device via a Pc. With that setting could be confirmed and locked even if the mod screen is unreadable.

puffon

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Sep 18, 2014
    Florida
    Even if replacement screens are not available some boards like the dna's, picos and vtc minis have software available to view the status of the device via a Pc. With that setting could be confirmed and locked even if the mod screen is unreadable.
    Hopefully, 15 yrs from now the PCs available will be able to run the software.

sofarsogood

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Oct 12, 2014
    Hopefully, 15 yrs from now the PCs available will be able to run the software.
    Backwards compatibility iis something Windows users expect. I'll take my chances on that. I would like to know how the oled screens in my mods are sourced. If they are all generic, which seems likely, we will probably be able to replace them with something compatible 10 years from now if it's necessary.

Last edited:

Who_Dey_1991

Verified Member
    Aug 22, 2016
    Ohio
    I get to sample my first DIY batches tomorrow, but I'll probably wait until my Kennedy clone rda gets here from China. Banana pancakes, rum & cola and white chocolate strawberries IIRC. Don't have high hopes for my first batches tasting good, lol.

I'm a man, and I can change, if I have to, I guess.

bnrkwest

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 6, 2011
    Somewhere out there
    Hello friends, how is everyone doing? As I was mixing up more Metaphor by Flavour Art, I was thinking how little I spend on Vape supplies now. Zero since I have everything :) DIY is soooo cheap! I have saved and will save bundles of money, Luv that! What fun :) still Luv my Raduis's and Kafun's, my go to set up for a very happy future of vaping :)
    So has anyone bought anything from FT since the new year??

Fozzy71

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Jul 7, 2016
    8 Mile + 2.5
    Hello friends, how is everyone doing? As I was mixing up more Metaphor by Flavour Art, I was thinking how little I spend on Vape supplies now. Zero since I have everything :) DIY is soooo cheap! I have saved and will save bundles of money, Luv that! What fun :) still Luv my Raduis's and Kafun's, my go to set up for a very happy future of vaping :)
    I went thru all my receipts the other day while doing taxes and was a bit in awe of just how much I spent last year (though I shouldn't be based on my credit card balances) stashing vape gear but when I amortize it over the 10 - 20 years it should last me (sans the need for more flavors, vg/pg, batteries, wire/wick here and there) it comes out to be next to nothing. The only thing I really 'need' gear wise to feel confident in that 10 - 20 year estimate is a few more spare mods but there are still lots of rda/rta I 'want'. I was actually thinking about putting up for sale some of the smaller tanks I bought without much thought that I now doubt I will ever use now that I prefer bigger tanks/builds.

Two_Bears

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 4, 2015
    Northern Arizona
    I got 25 more coil heads for when i can't see to build.

Nearing 100 coil heads now. I may get another 25-50 coil heads.

Users who are viewing this thread