SO I DID . . . :facepalm:

Just Sayin' . . . ;)

rave

* Resident Wood Nymph *
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 20, 2009
Raven's Haven, Indiana
As most of ya know, I'm still doin' okay. Not great, but okay. The latest med experience did NOT work out well. Still a little stumbley from that stuff. :p I will probably have to have back surgery, but I'm putting that off. BUT - I can handle anything Ma Nature throws at me. I'm ready for Spring to arrive. It keeps coming in fits and starts. I think Ma Nature is menopausal. Just sayin'.​

17191230_1244161852348913_5261249425324080408_n.jpg

My dear Thomas and I have booked a resort in Minnesota for 5 days and 4 nights. We will have a private cabin within spitting distance of Lake Shagawa and our own private pontoon. It's gonna be great!! I've been locating tackle for pike and muskie. There are also walleye, crappie, and tons of bass in the Lake but I'm already equipped for them. It may be quite a bit chilly because it'll still be Spring. Here's what Lake Shagawa looks like: (if I can remember how to do this) :facepalm:

Shigawa Lake Internet 2.jpg

I'm still obsessing with frogs. Won't even admit how many I have now. There are in terrariums all over the house. Can't get out into nature, so I've brought it inside. They make me smile and laugh, and keep me ... engaged. Mostly I have poison dart frogs, but I have beautiful tree frogs as well. Here's a few of them:
Red-eyed tree frog
Red Eye.jpg

Topaz the White's Tree Frog
Topaz.jpg

Bumble Bee Poison Dart Frog (The white flecks are vitamin-dusted flightless fruit flies.)
Bumble Bee Poison Dart Frog.jpg

Azureus Poison Dart Frog (There are four in there, but you can only see one.)
Azureus Poison Dart Frog.jpg

Cobalt Tinctorius Poison Dart Frogs
Cobalts.jpg

Painted Mantella
Painted.jpg
I know it may seem silly, but these little guys keep me sane right now. And building their habitats gives me an artistic outlet as well. They captivate me. And, they keep me moving to feed, mist, and maintain insect cultures for food. That's what I've been up to.

Haven't been able to get outdoors to camp or fish since I went to Reelfoot in Tennessee last April. But I am improving. My legs won't carry me very far and I refuse to use the walker. I'm FORCING my right hand to work with sheer will. I can sign my name now, but it isn't quite ... normal. When I keyboard, I'm using both hands now (with a lot of mistakes). Using istick 100w TC almost exclusively is helping me to reclaim my grip because I force myself to use the weakest fingers. My thumb is still pretty useless though. Ah well ... I'm getting there.

So! Thanks for the Birthday wishes and for remembering me. :)

wvducklady

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 23, 2013
US
As most of ya know, I'm still doin' okay. Not great, but okay. The latest med experience did NOT work out well. Still a little stumbley from that stuff. [emoji14] I will probably have to have back surgery, but I'm putting that off. BUT - I can handle anything Ma Nature throws at me. I'm ready for Spring to arrive. It keeps coming in fits and starts. I think Ma Nature is menopausal. Just sayin'.​
My dear Thomas and I have booked a resort in Minnesota for 5 days and 4 nights. We will have a private cabin within spitting distance of Lake Shagawa and our own private pontoon. It's gonna be great!! I've been locating tackle for pike and muskie. There are also walleye, crappie, and tons of bass in the Lake but I'm already equipped for them. It may be quite a bit chilly because it'll still be Spring. Here's what Lake Shagawa looks like: (if I can remember how to do this) :facepalm:
I'm still obsessing with frogs. Won't even admit how many I have now. There are in terrariums all over the house. Can't get out into nature, so I've brought it inside. They make me smile and laugh, and keep me ... engaged. Mostly I have poison dart frogs, but I have beautiful tree frogs as well. Here's a few of them:
Red-eyed tree frog
View attachment 640475

Topaz the White's Tree Frog
View attachment 640477

Bumble Bee Poison Dart Frog (The white flecks are vitamin-dusted flightless fruit flies.)
View attachment 640481

Azureus Poison Dart Frog (There are four in there, but you can only see one.)
View attachment 640483

Cobalt Tinctorius Poison Dart Frogs
View attachment 640487

Painted Mantella
View attachment 640489
I know it may seem silly, but these little guys keep me sane right now. And building their habitats gives me an artistic outlet as well. They captivate me. And, they keep me moving to feed, mist, and maintain insect cultures for food. That's what I've been up to.

Haven't been able to get outdoors to camp or fish since I went to Reelfoot in Tennessee last April. But I am improving. My legs won't carry me very far and I refuse to use the walker. I'm FORCING my right hand to work with sheer will. I can sign my name now, but it isn't quite ... normal. When I keyboard, I'm using both hands now (with a lot of mistakes). Using IStick 100w TC almost exclusively is helping me to reclaim my grip because I force myself to use the weakest fingers. My thumb is still pretty useless though. Ah well ... I'm getting there.

So! Thanks for the Birthday wishes and for remembering me. :)
I hope you enjoy your trip! It looks like a beautiful area!
Those are definitely some cool frogs! Critters are very fun and entertaining to watch. I love the tree frogs [emoji196] They are so adorable when they are babies.

Sent from my NXA8QC116 using Tapatalk

awsum140

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2012
Sitting down, facing forward.
brrr 'afternoon, Voltizens.

If we're lucky we might get to 35 today, it was 14 this morning when I got up.

We're all bracing for "the storm of the century" tonight and tomorrow. I guess it could be, depending on the track, considering this is only the 17th year of the century. Maybe I missed something, but when did a big snowstorm turn into a disaster? Lead lines like "30 million people in the path of a "monster" storm" are basic boiler plate for the news anymore. It's getting boring and alarms people with no common sense. The stores are being emptied of bread, milk and eggs...like the bakers stop baking, the cows stop giving milk and the chickens stop laying all because it's going to snow.

It may get a bit nasty, especially since it's supposed to be a "wet" snow that can bring down trees and power lines, but c'mon people, you don't have more than an hours worth of basic food in your house?

One thing I will say is that the stores being so easily emptied of "basics" does point to a serious weak point in our supply chain.

celticluvr

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
  • Sep 21, 2013
    'bama
    brrr 'afternoon, Voltizens.

If we're lucky we might get to 35 today, it was 14 this morning when I got up.

We're all bracing for "the storm of the century" tonight and tomorrow. I guess it could be, depending on the track, considering this is only the 17th year of the century. Maybe I missed something, but when did a big snowstorm turn into a disaster? Lead lines like "30 million people in the path of a "monster" storm" are basic boiler plate for the news anymore. It's getting boring and alarms people with no common sense. The stores are being emptied of bread, milk and eggs...like the bakers stop baking, the cows stop giving milk and the chickens stop laying all because it's going to snow.

It may get a bit nasty, especially since it's supposed to be a "wet" snow that can bring down trees and power lines, but c'mon people, you don't have more than an hours worth of basic food in your house?

One thing I will say is that the stores being so easily emptied of "basics" does point to a serious weak point in our supply chain.
    Ya know I never understood the milk and eggs thing.... What if your power goes out? Spoiled milk and rotten eggs does not appease me. Whats really funny is they buy the bread and toilet paper like its going out of style.... I'm like what are y'all planning on eating toilet paper sammiches? :lol::lol::lol: They never buy anything to go in the bread.... :lol::lol::lol:

awsum140

Resting In Peace
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 12, 2012
    Sitting down, facing forward.
    Yeah, it seems like snow storms also produce over use of toilets and hence water. Wonder why, drinking spoiled milk and eating rotten eggs maybe? I guess they can make egg sandwiches, though, Celti. Worst case, store the milk and eggs out in the snow, under it so it doesn't freeze solid.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread