Future of vaping

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thommi

Sep 4, 2013
RE, Italy
alien Traveler" data-source="post: 16297210" class="bbCodeBlock bbCodeBlock--expandable bbCodeBlock--quote js-expandWatch">
alien Traveler said:
It will chose replacement therapy (read: sin taxation of vapers).

Taxation doesn't require banning big devices.
That's what the state does here in Italy right now.
They're adding roughly $0.40 tax per 1ml of juice, for any type, with and without nicotine, making sure DIY liquids cost almost the same as ready made juice.
(Of course DIY vapers are getting around that tax by buying base ingredients outside of vape shops, but that's another story.)
In return they have declared vaping legal EVERYWHERE including restaurants and public buildings, just to make sure vapers can consume as much liquid as they want.
This way, for the state it would be more profitable if vapers were using bigger devices.

But then, from the European Union is coming a regulation to become law next year, banning all devices > 2ml.

Reactions: DC2

ringling

Unresolved Status
Aug 19, 2015
Upcoming regulations and bans on specific things will soon limit available devices to disposable minis and lift prices above the price of smoking.
I can't express just how much I agree with you. This statement here IS one of the biggest reasons. Even if house bill HB2058 somehow passes ejuice will be taxed so high that it will become yet another luxury for the rich. If Big Tobacco gets their grimey little hands on this industry I'm willing to bet a 30ml bottle of juice will cost what a carton costs, or even more. I know people who blow through 30ml in 2-3 days. Think they will be able to afford their juice? Not.

If somehow HB2058 is passed then the Vaping industry has a chance to survive. If it does not, it's dead in the water. We must be able to buy and sell equipment. Better cross your fingers.......

stevegmu

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 10, 2013
6992 kilometers from home...
Depends on what regulations are passed in cities, counties, states, and by the FDA deeming.

If half of vapers are dual users and vaping to get around smoking bans and half of vapers vape to save money, vaping may have reached a peak. Remove internet sales and tax e-liquid akin to cigarettes and vaping will become an asterisk...

Reactions: YoursTruli

crxess

Grumpy Ole Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2012
Williamsport Md
After some of the Comments I read/dealt with from other Vapers/Members, I really wonder what chance vaping has on the Horizon.
Frankly it worries the hell out of me.

People that would rather hide in a Basement/Closet to Vape.
People so fed up with the Hide theory they insist on making the biggest public display possible regardless of situation.
People that actually think Full regulation is a good thing
People that assume No regulation does work

For every situation there is a Positive and a Negative. Until people wake up understand and Band together to find a solid common ground, strength in the Vaping community is weakened.

I'm fortunate most changes will not immediately effect me personally. I feel for the masses that are clueless to what is coming and at the mercy of the Retail market and the FDA.

Dal

DC2

Tootie Puffer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2009
San Diego
If half of vapers are dual users and vaping to get around smoking bans and half of vapers vape to save money, vaping may have reached a peak.
If you are right, then you may be right.
But you're not right.
:)

Most vapers vape because they want to reverse or avoid health problems from smoking.
I said most, but not all.

Your categories surely count for some of the numbers.
But not most.

Remove internet sales and tax e-liquid akin to cigarettes and vaping will become an asterisk...
Like I said, it depends on the regulations that come down on the vaping world.

Rule62

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2011
Melbourne, Florida
After some of the Comments I read/dealt with from other Vapers/Members, I really wonder what chance vaping has on the Horizon.
Frankly it worries the hell out of me.

People that would rather hide in a Basement/Closet to Vape.
People so fed up with the Hide theory they insist on making the biggest public display possible regardless of situation.
People that actually think Full regulation is a good thing
People that assume No regulation does work

For every situation there is a Positive and a Negative. Until people wake up understand and Band together to find a solid common ground, strength in the Vaping community is weakened.

I'm fortunate most changes will not immediately effect me personally. I feel for the masses that are clueless to what is coming and at the mercy of the Retail market and the FDA.

Dal

That's the problem, and it's exactly why lots of vapers are ambivalent toward active advocacy. We don't have Common goals. Too much disagreement within the ranks.

VHRB2014

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 16, 2014
Nic`d Up in Oklahoma!
I don't see vaping ever being higher than 10%...

That figure may be applicable in some area`s of the US, LA, NY, ect. But it would be incorrect to accept it world wide, I am sure the number is quite a bit higher in say, China, S. America, Africa.

To the original question. The future of vaping, for those that want it, is in Do It Yourself. We may very well find a time when we are growing our own food, mixing our own juice, and loading our own ammo.

Reactions: ringling

stevegmu

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 10, 2013
6992 kilometers from home...
That figure may be applicable in some area`s of the US, LA, NY, ect. But it would be incorrect to accept it world wide, I am sure the number is quite a bit higher in say, China, S. America, Africa.

To the original question. The future of vaping, for those that want it, is in Do It Yourself. We may very well find a time when we are growing our own food, mixing our own juice, and loading our own ammo.

Is vaping even legal in China? 10% for the US, of course. Far lower worldwide, I would think. Cigarettes are cheaper than vaping in most of the world...

VHRB2014

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 16, 2014
Nic`d Up in Oklahoma!
Moonshining mankes no sense. I was watching that fake show on the subject and they were selling the jugs of fake moonshine for more than one could buy liquor at the grocery store or ABC store...

It was a big deal, when it was illegal to make in such potency. But now with some localities dropping the restrictions on Al. content, I can buy the stuff at the local quicke mart. Just what a congested LA needs, instant drunk!

Reactions: stevegmu
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread