Status
Not open for further replies.

Rule62

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2011
Melbourne, Florida
Moonshining mankes no sense. I was watching that fake show on the subject and they were selling the jugs of fake moonshine for more than one could buy liquor at the grocery store or ABC store...

Probably true, in 'dry' counties. When availability becomes a problem, the price goes up.

stevegmu

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 10, 2013
6992 kilometers from home...
It was a big deal, when it was illegal to make in such potency. But now with some localities dropping the restrictions on Al. content, I can buy the stuff at the local quicke mart. Just what a congested LA needs, instant drunk!

They sell liquor here in Ohio at grocery stores, gas stations and even drive through beverage stores...

VHRB2014

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 16, 2014
Nic`d Up in Oklahoma!
I think the show was developed just to market Ole Smokey...

If its the show I`m thinking about, it can be pretty funny at times, mostly due to the cast. It damn near a Sit Com, ha, ha.
But, I find no comfort in the fact that the shows been on for a few years now, and now I can buy 100 proof Shine at the local liqueur store. Its Absolute insanity from a government that thinks Nic should be regulated out of existence. Their logic does not compute.

Reactions: stevegmu

Maurice Pudlo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 27, 2013
United States
Vaping started as a DIY thing, our very term for the devices we use tells you that much.

Vaping may not remain mainstream if taxes do a number on the business end of it, but vaping isn't going to die off.

It has at the very least another 45 years, if I die at 90ish. I'm sure others will keep it alive too.

What we use or modify to use is neither here nor there, if we want to vape, we will find a way.

Maurice

Rule62

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2011
Melbourne, Florida
Vaping started as a DIY thing, our very term for the devices we use tells you that much.

Vaping may not remain mainstream if taxes do a number on the business end of it, but vaping isn't going to die off.

It has at the very least another 45 years, if I die at 90ish. I'm sure others will keep it alive too.

What we use or modify to use is neither here nor there, if we want to vape, we will find a way.

Maurice

Very true. All of the advanced gear many of us use today are simply refinements of stuff that started out as home workshop projects, made by innovators who were dissatisfied with 'over the counter' gear. I don't expect that will stop. The ones who will be affected most will be the first time, or entry level vaper.

Reactions: DC2

Bad Ninja

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 26, 2013
God's Country
It's just perverted taxation. Settlement payments depends on number of cigarettes sold by manufacturer. Isn't' it taxation?
Actually "bribe", "hush money" "profit sharing" are much more accurate than "taxation".

As far as DIY goes,
I doubt they will be able to tax food based flavoring extracts.
We use the exact same type of flavorings used in most foods.

PG and VG have too many other uses to be under fire.

The only thing they will be able to tax that concerns DIYers is nicotine extract.

Bad Ninja

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 26, 2013
God's Country
Sad to say but When (not if) the FDA takes the axe to vaping the ultimate pay back is Total Abstinence from All Tobacco. It shouldn't take long for the foundations to begin shaking all around, fed, state, and local govments. The Ultimate Protest!

The ultimate protest would be to vote these people out of office, so they can't sell out our health for a few dirty dollars.

Tom li

Moved On
Mar 20, 2014
Shenzhen China
  • Deleted by retired1
  • Reason: Multiple ID company

Strings

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2014
Manitowoc WI USA
Odd... I already load my own ammo. Been looking at DIY juice, but I'm kinda lazy

I have been hearing about FDA deeming since I got on here a year ago. Still nothing solid has happened

Anybody who thinks BT is worried about vaping doesn't pay attention to people: there are still plenty of people smoking. If there's a big enough shift to vaping (which is doubtful), BT will move more into vaping

coolerat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2015
Verona,NY
I'm sorry....did any of us care when people started smoking? Did we say "you're going to ruin smoking for all of us!"?
As long as they're of legal age, who cares if they start vaping. It's pretty enjoyable....with or without nic.

My kids are long out of school and grandkids haven't hit HS yet so I'm a bit out of touch but at work I hear the younger guys talking about there HS kids. Its strange how its a topic. Its not really a secert but many kids smoke in school. I know most here started at 18 (now 19) and that great but I was a pre-teen when I started.

I have to believe for these people teen smoking is, while frowned on, "normal" and these kids should smoke for 30 years then start vaping to quit.

Reactions: Asbestos4004

Asbestos4004

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2013
Sugar Hill, Georgia
My kids are long out of school and grandkids haven't hit HS yet so I'm a bit out of touch but at work I hear the younger guys talking about there HS kids. Its strange how its a topic. Its not really a secert but many kids smoke in school. I know most here started at 18 (now 19) and that great but I was a pre-teen when I started.

I have to believe for these people teen smoking is, while frowned on, "normal" and these kids should smoke for 30 years then start vaping to quit.
I'm disturbed by how many members of this forum seem to think these kids should suffer the same consequences we did in order to be "eligible" to vape. Were these people always so judgemental? Maybe cigarettes made people cool after all. I mean, between the clone/ authentic , subohmers/ tootie puffers, addiction/ non addiction, Walmart/ no Walmart threads....seems like a bunch of vapers that should be happy, joyous and free...not to mention GRATEFUL, are just looking for something to complain about. Thank God for them, though....this forum would be pretty boring if they all disappeared.

Asbestos4004

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2013
Sugar Hill, Georgia
I lucked out cause I don't care what other people do at all. It makes me borderline apathetic but I would rather carry that burden than worry about every other persons hobby and habits on the interwebs/street.
What, as a Camel smoker, you never beat up a Pall Mall guy? No way...

Reactions: ReigntheGamer

Frenchfry1942

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 12, 2014
I'm a little apathetic, too. I do enjoy a good vape just like I enjoy a lot of things. I am at 3mg from an original 24. I am staying at 3mg as long as I can, but reducing the triggers. Being at the computer is a tough one. The car, 1st thing in the morning, and bedtime are challenges.

Reactions: Asbestos4004

Asbestos4004

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2013
Sugar Hill, Georgia
I'm a little apathetic, too. I do enjoy a good vape just like I enjoy a lot of things. I am at 3mg from an original 24. I am staying at 3mg as long as I can, but reducing the triggers. Being at the computer is a tough one. The car, 1st thing in the morning, and bedtime are challenges.
I think consciousness is a pretty strong trigger.

Reactions: EBates
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread