GP Series by VapourArt - Official Thread for GP PAPS

Status
Not open for further replies.

perhol

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 31, 2012
Bagsværd, Copenhagen, Denmark
It appears I have crushed the spring in the GPin and that is resulting in the short.

That sounds strange. To create a short with gpin it must be in contact with the tube through the base (negative side), and it sits in a Delrin insulator. It can not be enough that the spring is "crushed" inside the gpin!

Sendt fra min GT-N7100 med Tapatalk

StrikeIII

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 10, 2013
Chicago
Morning. Anyone know how to get on the preorder list for the Paps 3 or is it too late? No buy it links on the site.

They don't have pre-order lists. Instead they will announce a VapourDay on the VapourArt site or from this thread http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...notifications-tips-tricks-updates-thread.html

They will also state what will be released on that particular VapourDay. They will continue to release the V3 and Heron you'll just have to keep an eye out for the next release.

Jagellpuff

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2012
Tacoma, WA
Mystery solved with regards to my crushed spring and then the resulting short causing the button and batt to heat up.

When I initially put the GPin back together, I rushed thru it not paying attention.

I screwed the GPin housing to far in to the delrin insulator/retainer and it was protruding out the top of it, rather than recessed a little. Then when I screwed the assy into the top cap, the housing then came into contact with the 510 connection on the bottom. So when the button is pressed it shorted and heated up the button & batt. Not sure how I crushed the spring, maybe as a result of it compressed and the short it heated up and stayed crunched. But it was the housing contact that was the main issue.

Here are some pics of how the GPin housing needs to be slightly recessed. And when installed in the top, there should be a slight gap between the housing and 510 connection.

ju2a3eda.jpg

asu9u2un.jpg

So a word of advice, take your time when assembling and pay attention! Don't rush like I did. :)

Thanks Perseas for a great product, love my Paps X and can't wait for Paps V3 to be in hand soon!

-Jagellpuff

Nach

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2012
Chicagoland, USA
jazco.net
I will look and see if I have a spare one that came with it.

After sleeping on it, I agree I am not sure how the crushed spring would cause it to short.

After work I will look at it again.

-Jagellpuff

Maybe poor conductivity caused a large arc from the GPin to the tube? That's all I can think of right now...

Jagellpuff

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2012
Tacoma, WA
Maybe poor conductivity caused a large arc from the GPin to the tube? That's all I can think of right now...

I had screwed GPin housing in and it made contact with 510 connection...dumb mistake by rushing. See pics in previous post as to the right way it should look with clearances.

-Jagellpuff

qorax

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 6, 2013
Brampton, Canada
www.facebook.com
It appears I have crushed the spring in the GPin and that is resulting in the short.

Where can I get replacement springs for the GPin?

Mystery solved with regards to my crushed spring and then the resulting short causing the button and batt to heat up.

When I initially put the GPin back together, I rushed thru it not paying attention. I screwed the GPin housing to far in to the delrin insulator/retainer and it was protruding out the top of it, rather than recessed a little. Then when I screwed the assy into the top cap, the housing then came into contact with the 510 connection on the bottom. So when the button is pressed it shorted and heated up the button & batt. Not sure how I crushed the spring, maybe as a result of it compressed and the short it heated up and stayed crunched. But it was the housing contact that was the main issue.

Here are some pics of how the GPin housing needs to be slightly recessed. And when installed in the top, there should be a slight gap between the housing and 510 connection.

So a word of advice, take your time when assembling and pay attention! Don't rush like I did. :)

Thanks Perseas for a great product, love my Paps X and can't wait for Paps V3 to be in hand soon!

You didn't crush the spring, neither it resulted in a short.

You had shorted the connections by erroneous fitment. And the GPin's safety feature kicked in to save you and your device from further damage. Yes, the Spring inside the GPin "collapses" when there's a short somewhere in the system. That's the inherent safety feature by design. The GPin's spring did not short the system, which disabled you from vaping as you thought. It is the other way around.

LouEyez

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 28, 2013
Geneva
Hi guys, so this may have been answered already, but I'm not finding the answer...
I just got my Paps v3, and it works 100% with the Heron, but I'm having issues when using the Gpin and AW 18490 batt...basically, I'm getting battery rattle.
It still fires, but I'm pretty sure it's not meant to do that...I tried other AW batteries, so I know it's not that...what do I need to do in order to solve this problem?

Thanks,

Lou

perseas

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 11, 2011
Athens, Hellas
www.vapourart.com
Hi guys, so this may have been answered already, but I'm not finding the answer...
I just got my Paps v3, and it works 100% with the Heron, but I'm having issues when using the Gpin and AW 18490 batt...basically, I'm getting battery rattle.
It still fires, but I'm pretty sure it's not meant to do that...I tried other AW batteries, so I know it's not that...what do I need to do in order to solve this problem?

Thanks,

Lou

Hi Lou,

Inside your parcel, there is bag with spares and inside you'll find a longer positive pin for the GPin, it is designed for situations like this.

LouEyez

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 28, 2013
Geneva
Hi Lou,

Inside your parcel, there is bag with spares and inside you'll find a longer positive pin for the GPin, it is designed for situations like this.

Hi Perseas, thanks for your answer, I just figured that out and was coming back to ask my second question :) which is..now that I put the longer pin, it heats up immediately (the longer pin after just one short pull.) The atti is at .9ohm, so nothing crazy...am I doing something wrong?

Thanks,

L

LouEyez

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 28, 2013
Geneva
Ok..still awaiting more professional opinion, but here is my 2cents in case someone is reading...once you've changed the pin, make sure you tighten it as much as possible, and compress the pins (with your fingers)a few time to make sure they move up and down normally...I think that it's working like it was designed to now...thanks again,

L

perseas

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 11, 2011
Athens, Hellas
www.vapourart.com
Ok..still awaiting more professional opinion, but here is my 2cents in case someone is reading...once you've changed the pin, make sure you tighten it as much as possible, and compress the pins (with your fingers)a few time to make sure they move up and down normally...I think that it's working like it was designed to now...thanks again,

L

I was going to say the same thing, I even thought of writing it in the first post, but under second thought I didn't, I thought it was too obvious ... but it wasn't :)

qorax

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 6, 2013
Brampton, Canada
www.facebook.com
CONGRATULATIONS to all new owners of the Paps v3!
respect-055.gif

Guys, pls don't forget to register your Serial Numbers on the Google List:

Paps v3 (SS) Serial Numbers' LIST

Hi guys, in the coming days you'll have your coveted Paps v3s in you hands. Kindly take time thereafter to update your info on the LIST as we do with our "X".

WHERE: Submission FORM > https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1TE71IcMiz50rc2puBKsm1omvXsU7nxnbziFEuAI93Ro/viewform
(Pls use this Form to submit your Responses)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread