Status
Not open for further replies.

Firestorm

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 25, 2012
Chicagoland
any of you guys ever use ceramic wick with your spheroid?

I've never used ceramic wick on anything, but from what I understand it's solid and pretty brittle. I'm not sure how you would be able to bend or angle it to touch your fluff. You might be able to use it as some kind of hybrid wick and also use Ekowool or cotton to wrap it, but I'm not sure that I see an advantage to that.

crg31953

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 29, 2014
Mayville, WI
I've never used ceramic wick on anything, but from what I understand it's solid and pretty brittle. I'm not sure how you would be able to bend or angle it to touch your fluff. You might be able to use it as some kind of hybrid wick and also use Ekowool or cotton to wrap it, but I'm not sure that I see an advantage to that.

I will gladly second Firestorms's opinion. I have tried it and the bend is not good for Nextel type wick. It did not wick well at all, KGD or regular organic cotton work the best for me!

paladinx

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 3, 2008
mars
the x ready wick looked pretty flexible.. that is why i thought about trying it...

Do you guys know where in the US I could get a upgrade kit for my spheroid.. I have the one with the lugs.. kind of a pain in the ...... Im digging the spheroid! Think i need to get the screws so its a little easier to work with

perseas

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 11, 2011
Athens, Hellas
www.vapourart.com
the x ready wick looked pretty flexible.. that is why i thought about trying it...

Do you guys know where in the US I could get a upgrade kit for my spheroid.. I have the one with the lugs.. kind of a pain in the ...... Im digging the spheroid! Think i need to get the screws so its a little easier to work with

Check our American reseller as long as is still active. His link is at the left bottom of our page, click to my signature. If he is out of stock , you can buy it from us and choose the cheaper shipping option during checkout.

Firestorm

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 25, 2012
Chicagoland

I have a Spheroid v2, an upgraded Spheroid v2, and a Spheroid v3. I agree that the screws are easier to work with than the nuts (and it might be preferable to more easily lift the coil closer to the bell for increased throat hit as the v3 posts are taller). I considered getting an upgrade kit for my v2, but since I regularly dry burn to clean my coil I don't expect to swap it out very often or for some time so I decided against upgrading it (plus the collector in me likes the idea of having a pure v2). I wouldn't discourage you from getting an upgrade kit, I'm just sharing my thoughts and intents (or lack thereof).

Unfortunately, Domo Vapor Company's website indicates that the GP Spheroid Replacement Kit v3 is out of stock. I think it's worth a try to use their website's Contact Us link to send them a note to make sure they don't have any laying around.

I've also never tried the x ready wick. Like I've said, I really enjoy the Japanese cotton and I don't have any desire to try anything new (been there, done that, I have a bunch of Rayon that I will never use, and I can't imagine that my builds can get any better than they are).

paladinx

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 3, 2008
mars
Yeah maybe ill shoot them an email.. nothing to lose.. Im not really a collector so could care less about that. I like the ... cotton in the spheroid.. It is working well.. Just that I know sometimes cotton bothers me.. My lungs start feeling it after awhile and i get a sort of asthma.. Need to keep my options open.. I know the nautilus mini uses ceramic and my lungs feel ok on that.. and the flavor on ceramic is also good as well.

regards..

Maybe someone on one of these forums has a spare kit for sale

Firestorm

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 25, 2012
Chicagoland

Firestorm

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 25, 2012
Chicagoland
Thanks guys.. I don't know what version I have.. it has the nuts that you turn with your fingers instead of screws. any other way to find out what version I have? Maybe I have a version one i have no clue

If your Spheroid has tightening nuts and a SS 510 pin it is a v2.

perseas

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 11, 2011
Athens, Hellas
www.vapourart.com
I think its a version 2.. .. I read a post somewhere that was talking about using stainless steel mesh in a spheroid with good results. I never tried a genny before.. maybe this is a way for me to try mesh finally.. anyone ever set up their spheroid with mesh in here?
\
\regards

There are discussions about it in this thread from the post #336 and after and check my response to your thread :)

Firestorm

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 25, 2012
Chicagoland
Has anyone tried Spheroid with TC and Ni200 build. What setup do you use due to the small space?

I don't have any TC mods so I haven't been able to try any Ni200 builds. You're right that the Spheroid deck is small - 30awg Kanthal wrapped around a 1/16 inch bit into a microcoil with KGD works very well for me (6 wraps ~ 1.3ohms).

qorax

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 6, 2013
Brampton, Canada
www.facebook.com
Spheroid Temp. Protected with Ni200
music-075.gif

2163pv.jpg

Trap the legs in the post grooves and then loop over twice for a rock solid connection. Remember it's Nickel.

hx4wuh.jpg

Wick tails cut about 1mm off the diameter of Spheroid's deck. Thus the total wick length is 18mm approx.

15s1w6r.jpg

de6vzs.jpg

2heyblx.jpg

34t7khz.jpg

Used the tank's outer body to slightly push the wick tails upwards before threading it in.

2entclh.jpg

2guns.gif
battle129.gif

Myth Busted

119ry9l.jpg

es3g5v.jpg

Myth: A 16mm tighter draw atty cannot do Ni200 effectively!
Findings: UNTRUE.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread