ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 6, 2013
Brampton, Canada
www.facebook.com
The same as the one of the X.

Lovely
happy-016.gif

I always had an aversion to the 'nuts'... they made my life a hell trying to dismantle the switch.

The reason why one of my LUX's switch has never been opened. It's getting little sticky now and I can't do anything about it. Don't have the heart to get a box-spanner go into it for fear of ripping the 'gold'! The screw system makes me happy!

Akdare

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2013
DFW, Texas
Lovely
happy-016.gif

I always had an aversion to the 'nuts'... they made my life a hell trying to dismantle the switch.

The reason why one of my LUX's switch has never been opened. It's getting little sticky now and I can't do anything about it. Don't have the heart to get a box-spanner go into it for fear of ripping the 'gold'! The screw system makes me happy!

I've never really had an issue, maybe yours is on tighter than mine. I use a pair of needle nose pliers on the nut with my right hand, and with my left hand hold the switch with my thumb and middle finger, press the button with my index finger. I'm just putting light pressure with the pliers. Hold the pliers still and turn the entire switch. As soon as I feel it release, I stop with the pliers, and use my fingers to take it out the rest of the way.

If you are still nervous about that method, you could try the switch in an ultrasonic with a bit of dish soap. That will get into places that are otherwise unreachable.

qorax

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 6, 2013
Brampton, Canada
www.facebook.com
I've never really had an issue, maybe yours is on tighter than mine. I use a pair of needle nose pliers on the nut with my right hand, and with my left hand hold the switch with my thumb and middle finger, press the button with my index finger. I'm just putting light pressure with the pliers. Hold the pliers still and turn the entire switch. As soon as I feel it release, I stop with the pliers, and use my fingers to take it out the rest of the way.

If you are still nervous about that method, you could try the switch in an ultrasonic with a bit of dish soap. That will get into places that are otherwise unreachable.

Yep, mine is screwed tight as hell :( I'd try your method - but for that I'd have to first purchase an U/s Cleaner :) But thanks for that tip ~ I'll keep it immersed in soap water for a night and see if that works.

landman2k1

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 2, 2013
McKinney, Texas
Yep, mine is screwed tight as hell :( I'd try your method - but for that I'd have to first purchase an U/s Cleaner :) But thanks for that tip ~ I'll keep it immersed in soap water for a night and see if that works.

Hey Q, maybe something like this will work? Nylon needle nose pliers...

cliffy15

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2013
Honolulu, HI
This is the reason I decided to sell my v2 (in order to help fund my v3). I had the Paps version just prior to the release of the X and this is an improvement to every part of the system.

The nut on my old switch kept coming unthreaded at really inconvenient times - usually in use - so I put a drop of blue loctite on the threads. That fixed the problem but created another one: I couldn't really disassemble it because I couldn't get a good grip on the button while turning the nut to break the seal on the threads.

Then the gpin came out. That in itself is a game changer to me.

Then I found out about the newly designed tube and decided to replace over upgrade.

Excited!

qorax

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 6, 2013
Brampton, Canada
www.facebook.com
This is the reason I decided to sell my v2 (in order to help fund my v3). I had the Paps version just prior to the release of the X and this is an improvement to every part of the system.

The nut on my old switch kept coming unthreaded at really inconvenient times - usually in use - so I put a drop of blue loctite on the threads. That fixed the problem but created another one: I couldn't really disassemble it because I couldn't get a good grip on the button while turning the nut to break the seal on the threads.

Then the gpin came out. That in itself is a game changer to me.

Then I found out about the newly designed tube and decided to replace over upgrade.

Excited!

The problem is I can't sell any of my GPs (unless I've two of one). I love every GP so much that I need to keep each... they, in all their avatar, make me very happy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread